Control size and number of pictures members can add to their photo albums
We allow our members to upload photos into a photo album shown with their Profile. Our level allows each image to be up to 25MB and that is way too big for viewing satisfactorily and will also use up our maximum allowed MB in no time. We also have no way to limit the number of images in an album. The automatic features of limiting how many albums there are is nice as is the automatic thumbnail feature with a click to show the full image. However, we really need to be able to control the number and size of each image uploaded. Please consider adding this.
Site admin for http://www.papnm.org
I just posted support for this but I actually want to extend this to general photo albums, not just the personal photo album.
I wish I had read this before I made the same request a week ago. It's now 3 years later and no progress on this. Is there a chance it will be implemented soon?
AdminEvgeny Zaritovskiy (VP Technology of Wild Apricot by Personify, Wild Apricot by Personify) commented
- Sorry, no workaround in Wild Apricot to get a single page with updated from all members own photo albums.
- Photo albums functional pages photos do count into limits.
I can see here actually several things for possible future enhancements in Wild Apricot:
1) Make new functional page / gadget that shows recently added photos added by members into their profiles. The page should have setting to define which members to include into list (all, specific levels, etc.). The pages shows a list of photos, there is a way to understand date when it was added and who added it. Probably, the page should show photos grouped by member
2) Allow to show in member directory last uploaded picture, total number of albums and photos and also allow to sort by these parameters
3) On photo album functional page for each photo give a name of a member that uploaded it. Make this behavior optional - so if admin wants he can enable or disable this.
UPD: Actually, system already shows member name that uploaded a photo.
OK, thanks for that. After spending a fair amount of time on the intial stages of building our site in the past week, I've come to realise that it is difficult for other members to know who has uploaded new photo's, if they are only loaded into Personal Member Photo Albums. My preference is to have single 'event' albums that are quickly accessable by all members via the menu's, so i have discovered that I have to use Photo Album Functional Pages instead.
Am I correct in understanding that these pages DO count towards our allocated space?
Is there a work around for knowing who has uploaded photo's to their Personal Member Photo Albums. With over 100 members, other members won't go browsing through everyone's profiles to see who has photo's loaded up. They would prefer to just navigate to a menu page and see all the photo's in one spot.
Dmitry Buterin commented
Do not worry, we would not take any unreasonable actions. And if you ever need more space, we can add extra space for a small one-time fee.
I was just wondering if there are any plans to charge for the space used by member photo albums in the near future? The available MB is one of the issues that is worrying me in regards to our requirements? Thanks
Dmitry Buterin commented
FYI - member photo albums are currently NOT counted into your space total (though this might change in the future)