Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Registrant to view and change his event registrations

Current features:
Once registered, a person can not change anything (i.e. cancel/edit details) about their registration, this can only be done by the administrator

Desired behavior:
Registrants should have the ability to view and edit their own event registration(s)

389 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry Buterin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Supporters!

We’ve prepared design suggestion for this idea:
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XrhtUinBndBDRUO73SkUzjzJLJdRbYUq_19EtuFkKu8/edit#slide=id.p

Key changes:

1)Ability for members to review all their event registrations, filter them, and view details.
    It will appear in the member’s profile in a new My registrations tab.

2) New Cancellation setting will be available in registration type settings with 3 options:
    • Do not allow cancellation
    • Allow sending cancellation request to event organizer
    • Allow cancellation up to N days before start of event

3) New email “Event registration canceled” will be sent automatically if member cancels his event registration. It can be customized.

Our first step will not include ability for members to change event registration detais from profile. We will consider this problem separately and collect additional information.

Will be glad to hear your comments about suggested solution!

184 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • klm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability for people to see their event registrations--both event details and registration form details is desperately needed. As others mentioned, the communication between admins, registrants, leaders regarding "Am I/Am I not" "What meal did I choose?" etc can create quite a burden.

The ability to cancel is a more nuanced issue.
        1) Canceling free events, should be do-able, as long as notifications to admins are part of the deal.
        2) How to incorporate the Wait List? If possible, to allow for the automatic registration of the first person on the list, send them an email requiring a click to confirm their registration. Providing a deadline to confirm, or the spot goes to the next person on the list. With accompanying emails to the admins.
        3) Paid events: Cancellations should still be finalized by the admins (because of refund policies) but the registrant should have a way of "one-click" requesting to cancel.
        4) Changing registration details: This really is event specific.
        * Can they change the name of a guest? Seems reasonable
        * Can they change the type of meal they ordered? Might wreak havoc with catering
        Admins should be able to activate this case-by-case.
        A date parameter must be included (start & close dates for when someone can or cannot cancel)
        Easy way of incorporating a cancellation fee when refunding a registration fee.

• Cindy Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From reading this recent comment, I agree that there needs to be a choice in what control we give members. For our organization, we want members to be able to fully cancel from an event. However, we would also need automatic enrollment of the next person on the waiting list, along with a notification email to that waitlisted person.

• Charles Pena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have changed our view, that the benefits of this out-weighs the disadvantages. I'm sure it will make it more difficult to Incorporate but if we go to this feature, we need to have some control over what can be edited and what can not. Our two key items that we don't want to allow members to change is changing between registration types and absolute cancellation of the event. We have varying cancellation policies based on event type, cost and time of cancellation. One additional concern is not allowing a person that previously registered for one event type to override an existing wait-list priority for that event type or a different one. To allow us to maintain more control, we would prefer they only be allowed to change items on/in the registration form and the custom registration items. If items in the registration type are allowed to be changed, we need to be able to select what can be done there. Thank you, I do see this as a big fix and happy to hear you have decided to tackle it now.

• Philip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Dmitry, I note you first flagged this idea in May of 2008 (9 years ago now). Given the amount of interest in the idea are we likely to see the idea incorporated in a future update (very very soon preferably)? The absence of the ability for registrants to change or cancel their own registration details is the one thing that causes me a huge amount of work every time my organisation holds an event.

• veawcd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is dearly needed. I spend too much of my time managing event registrations for members. A couple of points to consider..
        . Should be available for all events (free and with cost).
        . This feature should come with the ability of the admin to set a time limit on when people can cancel by. *if after a certain date, the admin must be contacted.
        . There must be notification sent to the admin & the email contact on the event, in case of a cancellation.
        . It would be great if those on the waitlist would also get a notification, so they could pull themselves off of the waitlist and get a spot.
        . There also needs to be controls in place for events where people have already paid and might need a refund. They should still be able to cancel on their own and request a refund, which would be determined by the admin if appropriate.
        . Please make this require very few clicks. The registration process requires too many clicks, which means we often have members who believe they registered, but missed the last click. So the fewer clicks, the better.
        . The ability to edit a registration is also needed. But please make sure it is clear what the member is correcting and what the new registration looks like, with clear information. **We have many members who now try to add guests to events, but end up with one too many registrations, because the fields are confusing to them.

• Gwyneth Moss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a lot of small group, online, no-fee events which are often over subscribed. We need people to be able to cancel themselves to free up waitlisted places. Its a problem if the person wanting to cancel cannot contact the admin, its also a problem that the group host can delay the start waiting for someone who does not show up and should have canceled,

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a new customer, and I have been creating customer a User Manual for our members. It was readily apparent that the inability for members to view their commitments or cancel them was a big whole.

• Bonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make sure the payment on a canceled registration is not automatically refunded back to the registrant if they cancel their own registration. It would need an alert to go to Admin for approval/denial of a refund. In most of our events, we allow a substitute rather than a refund.

• Brighton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. We use this system as a means for our registered members to sign up for paddling sessions. If they cancel, we need our coaches to know and not all administrators are coaches. It creates too much on the back end to notify. Allowing members to cancel, even if it was simply placing the word cancel by their name on the registered members' list, would be ideal.

• Sam Handelman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have multiple free events every week and about 20% cancel. The current process places a high workload on volunteers. Negating a valuable feature of wa.

• Gwyneth Moss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For no-fee events please, please can the attendee cancel their place themselves. This causes us so many problems. We have a lot of oversubscribed small group free online events. When attendees cannot cancel places cannot be reassigned to waitlist. Session host is also waiting for missing participant to join. And it is unnecessary work for me as Admin.

• Malcolm de C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really helpful for members to be able see which events that have already registered for.
        Options for providing this information might be:
        1) List and Calendar view - maybe have a toggle 'My events' v 'All events'
        2) My profile

The data to drive this is already there, particularly for My profile, because in Admin view I can see the event registrations for every member. Displaying to individual members the same information in Event date order with a link to the event would be extremely helpful.

• IWA Media commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good if the member could cancel an event registration himself, will reduce work by admin but the refund of money for a paid event will need to be manually controlled - there could be cancellation charges applicable based on date of cancellation. Maybe there could be a setting for each event - how many days prior to an event can it be cancelled by the member and what is the amount to be refunded if any.

This is a critical feature! Members should be able to view and edit open events and view past events that they attended (including printing off receipts or other needed info).

I'd love to see the ability to view a history of the events that a registered participant has attended. Would be of great value to planning future events and evaluating current events and trends!

• Robin Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is imperative that members are able to see a history of the events they've attended. This functionality will decide whether or not we choose this platform over others.

• Karen Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I used this site, I would want to be able to see a history of your own events. Some record of past events is critical.

Feedback and Knowledge Base