Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Registrant to view and change his event registrations

Current features:
Once registered, a person can not change anything (i.e. cancel/edit details) about their registration, this can only be done by the administrator

Desired behavior:
Registrants should have the ability to view and edit their own event registration(s)

390 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry Buterin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Supporters!

We’ve prepared design suggestion for this idea:
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XrhtUinBndBDRUO73SkUzjzJLJdRbYUq_19EtuFkKu8/edit#slide=id.p

Key changes:

1)Ability for members to review all their event registrations, filter them, and view details.
    It will appear in the member’s profile in a new My registrations tab.

2) New Cancellation setting will be available in registration type settings with 3 options:
    • Do not allow cancellation
    • Allow sending cancellation request to event organizer
    • Allow cancellation up to N days before start of event

3) New email “Event registration canceled” will be sent automatically if member cancels his event registration. It can be customized.

Our first step will not include ability for members to change event registration detais from profile. We will consider this problem separately and collect additional information.

Will be glad to hear your comments about suggested solution!

184 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really looking forward to getting these changes in. It's a MUST for our members as we host so many events, it would be quite a burden for our admins to have to change event registration. Is there a "hoped for" roll out date for these changes?
        Thanks!

• AdminTeam Events (Event Management, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sigismund, thanks for commenting.

The presented changes are only the first step in our roadmap. We try to divide and release big changes (like this thread) by chunks, step-by-step. And we understand that the ability to update registration is no less important than canceling.

Katya, Events crew

The proposed changes are not up to my expectations. If I understand it correctly it only offers the possibility for a client to cancel his/her participation in an event.
        We are congress organizers and receive both registrations and abstracts. Often, our clients want to change their submitted abstracts. I suggest that they should be able to do so (by themselves) up to a deadline. Currently, only the administrator can replace a submitted abstract by a new version (sent by email), and this procedure is prone to errors (followed by complaints of clients).

• aperesx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We welcome the functionality proposed above. It was a concern for us that the registrant could not change his registration, specially when it included accommodation in hotels and banquets which were optional as all these changes had to be channeled to the registration office overloading that office.

The cancellation will be useful especially with the options you mention above.

We wouldn't allow too much freedom in terms of cancellations because of the impact it will have on the logistics of the event. For instance the caterers will require numbers to be firmed some quite some time before the event and if registration cancellation is made available to the registrant himself or herself, we have to be able to close that option before the time we have to confirm the numbers for the various logistics suppliers or we will be charged for those that cancel after the confirmation of numbers date.

Alvaro Peres
        KDG

• Stewart Velzian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a user I would like to cancel myself off an event so that I don't have to email or contact the administrator.
        As an administrator I want my users to be able to request removal from an event via the system so that they don't have to contact me directly.
        As an administrator I want to be notified when a user requests that they are removed from an event so that I can process these in an orderly manner.

• Kenny Mac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IMPORTANT!

Please do not open the ability to self-cancel until the auto pull from wait list is working. Else a space will open up and be available for someone to "steal" it whilst people are stuck on the wait list.

I suggest implementation in the following order:

1 - Allow "request cancellation"
        2 - Auto-pull from wait list
        3 - Allow self-cancel

Would like to have member add a guest to their registration AFTER they have registered

• Judy Pfeiffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful for members to be able to see if they registered for an event in their profile even if the event is free. We have "Season Pass Members" that pay for all events up front but still need to register for each individual event.

• AdminTeam Events (Event Management, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you all for your comments!

Walt,
        Yes, good point, we’ll consider it.

Ben,
        You’re right, but it’s just a mockup to show general behavior, not a real life workflow. If an event is free — there won’t be any information about invoices.

Paul,
        Sorry, but we don’t give an opportunity to change person registration anyhow in the first version of this feature.

Steve H,
        Yes, it’s still required in case registrant would like to change something in his registration, for example, he decided to get VIP ticket instead of regular.

Steve S,
        We hope to release it this year.

Drew, Pat,
        Sorry, but in the first version of this feature, we are not going to introduce a cancellation fee or credit holdback.
        You might consider processing such cases manually, using option “Do not allow cancellation”

Glad to inform you that after reviewing your comments we decided to include "Automatically add a waitlisted person upon someone's cancellation" feature in this solution. Related Wishlist topic: https://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/12369927-automatically-add-a-waitlisted-person-upon-someone

• Walt Bilofsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking at this again, I don't see an intuitive way for the member to know that they can cancel their registration.

On the event detail page, they will see the Register button and the "Already registered" link. Then they have to know to click one of those to get to the Event registration page, and then click View details to get to the Event registration details page.

So until every member learns how to cancel (which will never happen) the admin will still have to handle emails from them, although now we can just tell them what to click.

My suggestion is to change the "Already registered" link on the Event details page to either "View your registration" or, if cancellation is enabled for the event, "View or cancel your registration." And then on the Event registration page, change "View details" to "View details or cancel" if that is available.

• Kristen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users who are registered for an event to make changes to their registration up to a prescribed date without having to contact an administrator. I know JotForm has this capability, and it's been very helpful, but Wild Apricot unfortunately does not.

• Ben Wilford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On slide 7 of the design slide show, it displays a "Free" event. On slide 8, it shows where a popup is displayed because the person is cancelling the event. The popup says "Note: Your Invoice will be voided and a credit will be applied". Why would it say anything about an invoice and credit if it is a Free event?

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only thing I'd do differently is allow them to add additional guests to their registration. Running a 2500 person conference and that is the most time consuming thing since members keep wanting to add people to their registration so they lock in the member pricing.

A great improvement - but it's important for a cancelled spot to NOT be reopened for registration if there is already someone on the waitlist.

• Diana Melton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE make it easier for attendees to cancel their OWN registration for events!
        Diana Melton
        Rhonda Peyton

• Paul Romaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of allowing members to edit their event registration, but with cautions/controls. Some event changes don't matter (changing an address), while others may affect costs and require an new invoice. Perhaps the admin can control what changes a registrant can make without contacting the admin (cancel vs change vs removing costs), which might be limited by date (e.g., cancellations before September 1, meal changes before Oct 1, etc.)

I think a lot of people are looking at online stores like Amazon and asking, why can't I change my order/registration? Like online ordering, edits might be restricted by date.

• Steve Horsfall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On slide 7 the information message at the top still says to contact Administrator to change. Is this still required if the self service option to cancel is available. If its allow modification of other options not including cancellation the message may need to be reworded.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base