Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Send event announcements formatted as event invites for calendars

It would be nice if the event emails sent out containing all the information required for an invite, would be sent out as an invite. Then users could simply accept or reject the invite. This eliminates the copy / paste required to have it in the electronic agenda.

The email regarding an event posting could be sent in form of an invite, where the recipient can accept it. The acceptance process still may take him to the wild apricot membership base.

Right now all the information has to be sent out twice: once from WA and once as an outlook invite. So the invite (event anunciation) could have an option saying add to outlook / send as outlook invite.

regards

Guido

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Guido EugsterGuido Eugster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Neil NortonNeil Norton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has become a standard business practice. Based on the calendar events I received there is now a standard protocol for reaching all types of calendars. Please investigate

• Joel LeeJoel Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If one were able to send announcements as calendar invites, they might not have to go through this...
        * go to public view
        * go to event list
        * click on the event
        * click on upper right "add to my calendar"
        * SAVE the .ics file to your computer some place you can find it.
        * RENAME the .ics file with a term you'd like to the invitee to read rather than the default coded date and event number
        * go to admin view
        * go to the event
        * edit the event
        * insert file
        * browse computer for .ics file and insert it

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The general idea makes good sense,

My understanding is that event invite formats are specific to each calendar, e.g. Outlook uses certain format, Mac OS uses another format etc. So accepting/not would work for some users but for others.

I would appreciate comments/insights from other users.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7