Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

RSVP - Simplified event registration

Current behavior:
Registration requires filling out online registration form.

Desired behavior:
In some cases this is an overkill and what is desired is Evite-style registration when people can simply click on the link in the event and be done with it.

Notes:
1) This would only work for people already in the database
2) This would only apply to free events
3) If there are multiple registration types - assign one as default? Force people to choose online?
4) Highly desirable - negative RSVP - when people say they can not attend.

289 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

91 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel FrankelDaniel Frankel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a "maybe" status to event registration and then allow the user back in to change it to "attending" or "not attending".

• Sally BunceSally Bunce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with the conditional registration mentioned by Bart Palamaro, April 1. If you choose option a) then c and d are open to you. If you choose option b) only d and e are open to you (for example). Many of our events are more complicated than just a "yes I want to turn up" process. Breakouts, menu options, dinner add-on, etc.

• Bart PalamaroBart Palamaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would rather have conditional registration where choosing one option closes out others, and opens up yet others. I.E. "Register for Full Conference" closes out registration for each day, and opens up lunch choices.

• GailGail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love this, but it should also include the total # that the RSVP is for. If the membership is a family type, they could be bringing up to 6 people, for example. We need to know that the RSVP is for 6 people.

• BAWSC WebmasterBAWSC Webmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to attend (negative RSVP) is also a must for our club. For bundled memberships the bundle owner should also be able to RSVP/Negative RSVP for other members under their bundle e.g. check box next to each name under their bundle of attend yes/no. Our club is made up of a lot of families so Parent needs to say if one or some or all of them are attending in one event form

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like more layout options on the event registration page. A way to manually sort the registration fee options in any order needs, larger viewing area for description area, additional features to events for larger conferences with speakers, sponsors and exhibitor management portal.

• Cindy CooperCindy Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The simple RSVP sounds good. We collect some additional info such as emergency contact that would need to be required even with a simple RSVP. Also want the ability to NOT have a Not Attending button.

• KatherynKatheryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes to all of that!!!! I don't know about defaulting to a registration type though. Also, modify the registration / attendees listing show who rsvp'd yes and no. Laid out in alpha order vs date registered order so that people can easily see /find if their friends / associates are going to event. And display more than 10-12 on a page. When you have a 100+ people attending scrolling through pages gets very laborious.

• ClubClub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be interested in having an RSVP feature for free events

• AlexSirotaAlexSirota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is some research that states that every extra page of an online processes reduces completion rates dramatically.

One approach could be quite simple:

Why not just flatten out the process and allow for all interactions to happen on one page, including payments? There are ways to integrate API calls to Stripe right form a standard page. One complication is that you'd need to SSL that page so it may depend on installing SSL on the domain to get such a feature, so a dependency may be introduced.

It's not that the wizard style process doesn't work, but it's that all the information to registration can be done just on 1 (longer) page. People actually don't mind scrolling it turns out when they want to complete a goal.

• OVFOVF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Registration for a current member should be a one click process... currently it takes five clicks... so now my members are jsut emailing me so I have to register them... Registration of a member should be the EASIEST thing to do!!!!!

• JulieJulie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has actually become such an issue for my members that they have asked me to look for other solutions. It seems like such a no-brainer to have an 'unable to attend' button that stops repeat reminder emails.
        If developer resources are an issue, perhaps do this first and the simplified registration afterwards.

• JulieJulie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need to know who has been to the event page but cannot attend. This stops them from getting multiple email reminders which really ticks them off.

• Neil NortonNeil Norton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has become a standard business practice. Based on the calendar events I received there is now a standard protocol for reaching all types of calendars. Please investigate

• Susan ElwoodSusan Elwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Negative RSVP a must have for us! A work around of having a registration type in the negative is cumbersome and means the email to actual attendees is not usable.

• KatherynKatheryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one item would improve the membership buy-in to the Wild Apricot Product 1000%. Most of the events that we do are free. We only need a simple yes I am attending or no I am not attending. And for the registered list to list who is attending alphabetically vs in reverse enrollment date order.

• Joel LeeJoel Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If one were able to send announcements as calendar invites, they might not have to go through this...
        * go to public view
        * go to event list
        * click on the event
        * click on upper right "add to my calendar"
        * SAVE the .ics file to your computer some place you can find it.
        * RENAME the .ics file with a term you'd like to the invitee to read rather than the default coded date and event number
        * go to admin view
        * go to the event
        * edit the event
        * insert file
        * browse computer for .ics file and insert it

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base