Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

RSVP - Simplified event registration

Current behavior:
Registration requires filling out online registration form.

Desired behavior:
In some cases this is an overkill and what is desired is Evite-style registration when people can simply click on the link in the event and be done with it.

Notes:
1) This would only work for people already in the database
2) This would only apply to free events
3) If there are multiple registration types - assign one as default? Force people to choose online?
4) Highly desirable - negative RSVP - when people say they can not attend.

194 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    OVFOVF shared a merged idea: Easier event registration for members  ·   · 
    Marsha J BinderMarsha J Binder shared a merged idea: Decline an invitation to stop getting reminder emails.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: registration  ·   · 
    RobinRobin shared a merged idea: Improve event registration options  ·   · 
    MelanieMelanie shared a merged idea: RSVP Option to be an 'attendee' or 'not able to attend'. In order to remove those who cannont attend from the reminders list.  ·   · 
    Marsha J BinderMarsha J Binder shared a merged idea: Deny registration to an event  ·   · 
    Rtaylor801Rtaylor801 shared a merged idea: Allow members to decline an event  ·   · 
    mwolfemwolfe shared a merged idea: easier registration  ·   · 
    Lisa ZakenLisa Zaken shared a merged idea: reminders for events  ·   · 
    jenymcleanjenymclean shared a merged idea: Registration with a NO response  ·   · 
    BCYCBCYC shared a merged idea: Reply "not coming" to an invitation  ·   · 
    Robert O'DonnellRobert O'Donnell shared a merged idea: Indicate event non-attendance  ·   · 
    anita.borkensteinanita.borkenstein shared a merged idea: RSVP to NO to an Event, if someone cannot attend!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Re: Simplified Event RSVP...Option 2  ·   · 

77 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AlexSirotaAlexSirota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is some research that states that every extra page of an online processes reduces completion rates dramatically.

One approach could be quite simple:

Why not just flatten out the process and allow for all interactions to happen on one page, including payments? There are ways to integrate API calls to Stripe right form a standard page. One complication is that you'd need to SSL that page so it may depend on installing SSL on the domain to get such a feature, so a dependency may be introduced.

It's not that the wizard style process doesn't work, but it's that all the information to registration can be done just on 1 (longer) page. People actually don't mind scrolling it turns out when they want to complete a goal.

• OVFOVF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Registration for a current member should be a one click process... currently it takes five clicks... so now my members are jsut emailing me so I have to register them... Registration of a member should be the EASIEST thing to do!!!!!

• JulieJulie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has actually become such an issue for my members that they have asked me to look for other solutions. It seems like such a no-brainer to have an 'unable to attend' button that stops repeat reminder emails.
        If developer resources are an issue, perhaps do this first and the simplified registration afterwards.

• JulieJulie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need to know who has been to the event page but cannot attend. This stops them from getting multiple email reminders which really ticks them off.

• Susan ElwoodSusan Elwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Negative RSVP a must have for us! A work around of having a registration type in the negative is cumbersome and means the email to actual attendees is not usable.

• KatherynKatheryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one item would improve the membership buy-in to the Wild Apricot Product 1000%. Most of the events that we do are free. We only need a simple yes I am attending or no I am not attending. And for the registered list to list who is attending alphabetically vs in reverse enrollment date order.

• TangentRWTangentRW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure why this should only apply to free events.

While for security reasons we don't want to store our members' credit card/bank account information I don't see why the automated data entry from this proposal could not also apply to the non-payment method portion of an event with a fee, such as billing address, etc. Anything to simplify our existing user's data entry would seem to be useful.

• RuthiRuthi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I could ask for ONE improvement to Wild Apricot it would be the ability to RSVP not attending.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be really nice if we can offer 'rsvp' instead of 'register'. 'Registration ' sounds laborious for our simple needs.

• RobinRobin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

have an event option to say not attending so that event administrators know that a member has responded and is not interested. Also be able to send emails to respondents based on attending/not attending

• buzzmaster56buzzmaster56 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue has been listed for 8 years. It is a major thorn for many of us. As a developer and looking at the great input provided in this thread, I am at a loss at why Wild Apricot has dragged your feet at making this happen. I am fighting my Board monthly over this issue as the membership is really having problems with this feature. We have weekly meetings with an average of 65-70 in attendance and can only get about 1/2 to register due to the existing complexity ... and more than 2/3 of the reservations come because I have added an email like to the second event reminder that allows the member to click the link and I manually enter them before the event!
        Please, Please, PLEASE take care of this request before I am forced to find a different solution by my Board!

It would be great to have "one click" to confirm registration when the registrant is a member whose information is already collected. Having to hit "register" and then "next" and then "next" and then "confirm" is too much.

• MIkeMIke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would also love to have negative rsvps similar to eventbrite, so we don't need to chase people for replies, or handle apologies manually,

• Rtaylor801Rtaylor801 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have already voted for this wishlist, with my primary interest in providing members the ability to decline to attend. This would immediately let us know they are not available, and the member would not continue to get reminders about something that they cannot attend. This is obviously a significant need based on the number of votes, so please put it at the top of your list. Thanks!

Also would like an "Unable to attend" option so reminder emails won't go to those who told us they will not be at event.

• cruisingcruising commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only members are allowed to register for our events and our members would like a simpler registration process that uses the data already held in the member database rather than having to always add name, address, tel.no. etc. to To register for all of our events (and some members do) he/she has to enter the same data fields for each event. I fear members are put-off registering for events because of this.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7