Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

RSVP - Simplified event registration

Current behavior:
Registration requires filling out online registration form.

Desired behavior:
In some cases this is an overkill and what is desired is Evite-style registration when people can simply click on the link in the event and be done with it.

Notes:
1) This would only work for people already in the database
2) This would only apply to free events
3) If there are multiple registration types - assign one as default? Force people to choose online?
4) Highly desirable - negative RSVP - when people say they can not attend.

216 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    OVFOVF shared a merged idea: Easier event registration for members  ·   · 
    Marsha J BinderMarsha J Binder shared a merged idea: Decline an invitation to stop getting reminder emails.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: registration  ·   · 
    RobinRobin shared a merged idea: Improve event registration options  ·   · 
    MelanieMelanie shared a merged idea: RSVP Option to be an 'attendee' or 'not able to attend'. In order to remove those who cannont attend from the reminders list.  ·   · 
    Marsha J BinderMarsha J Binder shared a merged idea: Deny registration to an event  ·   · 
    Rtaylor801Rtaylor801 shared a merged idea: Allow members to decline an event  ·   · 
    mwolfemwolfe shared a merged idea: easier registration  ·   · 
    Lisa ZakenLisa Zaken shared a merged idea: reminders for events  ·   · 
    jenymcleanjenymclean shared a merged idea: Registration with a NO response  ·   · 
    BCYCBCYC shared a merged idea: Reply "not coming" to an invitation  ·   · 
    Robert O'DonnellRobert O'Donnell shared a merged idea: Indicate event non-attendance  ·   · 
    anita.borkensteinanita.borkenstein shared a merged idea: RSVP to NO to an Event, if someone cannot attend!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Re: Simplified Event RSVP...Option 2  ·   · 
    Guido EugsterGuido Eugster shared a merged idea: Send event announcements formatted as event invites for calendars  ·   · 

83 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cindy CooperCindy Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The simple RSVP sounds good. We collect some additional info such as emergency contact that would need to be required even with a simple RSVP. Also want the ability to NOT have a Not Attending button.

• KatherynKatheryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes to all of that!!!! I don't know about defaulting to a registration type though. Also, modify the registration / attendees listing show who rsvp'd yes and no. Laid out in alpha order vs date registered order so that people can easily see /find if their friends / associates are going to event. And display more than 10-12 on a page. When you have a 100+ people attending scrolling through pages gets very laborious.

• AlexSirotaAlexSirota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is some research that states that every extra page of an online processes reduces completion rates dramatically.

One approach could be quite simple:

Why not just flatten out the process and allow for all interactions to happen on one page, including payments? There are ways to integrate API calls to Stripe right form a standard page. One complication is that you'd need to SSL that page so it may depend on installing SSL on the domain to get such a feature, so a dependency may be introduced.

It's not that the wizard style process doesn't work, but it's that all the information to registration can be done just on 1 (longer) page. People actually don't mind scrolling it turns out when they want to complete a goal.

• OVFOVF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Registration for a current member should be a one click process... currently it takes five clicks... so now my members are jsut emailing me so I have to register them... Registration of a member should be the EASIEST thing to do!!!!!

• JulieJulie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has actually become such an issue for my members that they have asked me to look for other solutions. It seems like such a no-brainer to have an 'unable to attend' button that stops repeat reminder emails.
        If developer resources are an issue, perhaps do this first and the simplified registration afterwards.

• JulieJulie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need to know who has been to the event page but cannot attend. This stops them from getting multiple email reminders which really ticks them off.

• Neil NortonNeil Norton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has become a standard business practice. Based on the calendar events I received there is now a standard protocol for reaching all types of calendars. Please investigate

• Susan ElwoodSusan Elwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Negative RSVP a must have for us! A work around of having a registration type in the negative is cumbersome and means the email to actual attendees is not usable.

• KatherynKatheryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one item would improve the membership buy-in to the Wild Apricot Product 1000%. Most of the events that we do are free. We only need a simple yes I am attending or no I am not attending. And for the registered list to list who is attending alphabetically vs in reverse enrollment date order.

• Joel LeeJoel Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If one were able to send announcements as calendar invites, they might not have to go through this...
        * go to public view
        * go to event list
        * click on the event
        * click on upper right "add to my calendar"
        * SAVE the .ics file to your computer some place you can find it.
        * RENAME the .ics file with a term you'd like to the invitee to read rather than the default coded date and event number
        * go to admin view
        * go to the event
        * edit the event
        * insert file
        * browse computer for .ics file and insert it

• TangentRWTangentRW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure why this should only apply to free events.

While for security reasons we don't want to store our members' credit card/bank account information I don't see why the automated data entry from this proposal could not also apply to the non-payment method portion of an event with a fee, such as billing address, etc. Anything to simplify our existing user's data entry would seem to be useful.

• RuthiRuthi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I could ask for ONE improvement to Wild Apricot it would be the ability to RSVP not attending.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be really nice if we can offer 'rsvp' instead of 'register'. 'Registration ' sounds laborious for our simple needs.

• RobinRobin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

have an event option to say not attending so that event administrators know that a member has responded and is not interested. Also be able to send emails to respondents based on attending/not attending

• buzzmaster56buzzmaster56 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue has been listed for 8 years. It is a major thorn for many of us. As a developer and looking at the great input provided in this thread, I am at a loss at why Wild Apricot has dragged your feet at making this happen. I am fighting my Board monthly over this issue as the membership is really having problems with this feature. We have weekly meetings with an average of 65-70 in attendance and can only get about 1/2 to register due to the existing complexity ... and more than 2/3 of the reservations come because I have added an email like to the second event reminder that allows the member to click the link and I manually enter them before the event!
        Please, Please, PLEASE take care of this request before I am forced to find a different solution by my Board!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have "one click" to confirm registration when the registrant is a member whose information is already collected. Having to hit "register" and then "next" and then "next" and then "confirm" is too much.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7