Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Generating membership cards and certificates

Current behavior:
Membership certificates/cards can be produced by running a search, exporting records and using something like MS Word mail merge

Desired behavior:
Ability to directly setup in the system layout and fields for membership certificates/cards and then to print them using common label formats.

Notes:

Details about specific desired formats/layouts/label sizes would be appreciated.

257 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Barbara PluffBarbara Pluff shared a merged idea: Membership Cards  ·   · 
    David GalsonDavid Galson shared a merged idea: Member ID cards showing level  ·   · 
    Arron MansikaArron Mansika shared a merged idea: enable us to provide our members with a membership card with a unique magnetic strip so we can swipe their card at check in for events  ·   · 
    Steve M.Steve M. shared a merged idea: enable badging in member profiles  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Completion Certificates  ·   · 
    ISSRT HeadquartersISSRT Headquarters shared a merged idea: Members Printing Membership Cards  ·   · 
    Rebecca PooleRebecca Poole shared a merged idea: Generate and email membership card to new and renewing members  ·   · 
    Natasha S.Natasha S. shared a merged idea: Gift Cards/Certificates  ·   · 
    jenniferyjennifery shared a merged idea: certificates  ·   · 
    agtvagtv shared a merged idea: Certificates - could we please be able to print or produce attendance certificates easily from registration lists  ·   · 
    AnthonyAnthony shared a merged idea: Generate Awards and Certificates  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Printing  ·   · 
    awjonesawjones shared a merged idea: Automatic pdf Membership card upon payment of dues.  ·   · 
    myvipclubmyvipclub shared a merged idea: Membership Cards  ·   · 
    CurtCurt shared a merged idea: Paying for Development  ·   · 
    Dan_PageDan_Page shared a merged idea: Ability for member to print membership cards  ·   · 
    Work in progress  ·  Team AstraAdminTeam Astra (Membership features, Wild Apricot) responded  · 

Thanks to all who commented here and participated in our UX test. We analyzed all comments and feedback and started development of this feature.
    This thread contains a lot of comments and requests and changes look pretty huge, so we decided to ‘eat the elephant’ bit by bit.
    The first step will be implementing membership cards for new / renewed members. Administrators can create the card and publish it in the member profile automatically so that members could download and print it.

146 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Margaret McMahonMargaret McMahon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We do an export after adding each new/renewed member to a 'needs card printed' group, then save the export to a specially formulated Excel spreadsheet. The printer reads from this and we print onto plastic cards pre-made with our club information, logo, etc preprinted. Zebra card printer ZXP series 3. The mailing labels have to be done via mail-merge to Word and printed via our office printer on 3x7 label sheets. All a long process and prone to falling over when changes are made and formulas lost. The card printer we use isn't very good and the ink finish is scrappy, so open to a quicker, easier option. We have to print over 3700 per year.

• lken_50lken_50 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently Photo shops business card maker to make out the 400+ cards each year

• AlexSirotaAlexSirota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have implemented this functionality as an extension to the standard Wild Apricot profile by integrating with the webmerge.me API to generate dynamic PDF files. I can demonstrate this to anyone interesting in seeing it in action using a sample PDF certificate. Any image can be integrated into a PDF. While we wait for WA to create this feature, we can implement this for you today. Let me know if you would like to know more.

• TabathaTabatha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently send every member a credit card type membership card. It is printed on a Fargo DTC1250e and the ability to export or print direct to my machine would be extremely helpful. Every time a member renews or signs up they get a member card.

• AlexSirotaAlexSirota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature I have been doing some thinking about recently. There are really lots of use cases for the ability to generate a dynamic document. It's essentially a riff of the email personalization feature, except instead of an email you are personalizing a PDF document.

A product called webmerge.me is available to be used for this purpose and accepts API calls. So in theory it would be possible to create a Google Spreadsheet that downloads WA contact data via API (or just export/import) and then use WebMerge API to generate PDFs in batch outside of WA. This is something I have been working on using Google Sheets.

The general application of such a PDF generation capability could be built into the product on the admin first to essentially allow admins to generate pre defined PDF files much like webmerge does it.

I think self service is an interesting idea, but I would vote for having this be doable in the backend first. Once the general PDF-merge engine was available, it can be used in a variety of ways.

Coupled with the email notifications the feature could be extended to fire off email notifications attached with the PDF file to members.

One note: it is a must to be able to merge some unique ID (WA user ID) or some user defined counter into a certificate. That way this information can be used to validate a certificate. It can also be used for other processes like creating swipable plastic cards which would be done with the generated PDF files but then outsourced to the printer of the cards.

• Barbara PluffBarbara Pluff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

membership cards subscribers can print from their account, and/or ability to email a membership card

• Dave GlotzbachDave Glotzbach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We print badges for each meeting from the registration list. To be able to do this through the web site would be a true time saver.

• Debborah KerrDebborah Kerr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add - when producing / exporting / printing Membership Cards, I'd like to include the member's Profile Photo.
        We use membership cards as IDENTIFICATION cards - so we need to produce a credit card sized card containing their name, details and photo.

• RhondaRhonda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see an automatic e-card in confirmation reply to new and renewing members. Please! !!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very helpful. Ideally printed quality paper certificates and plastic membership cards to be sent directly to member with their assigned membership number (customisable info for both with company logo)

• Arron MansikaArron Mansika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

enable us to provide our members with a membership card with a unique magnetic strip so we can swipe their card at check in for events. Similar to what many gyms and recreation centers do.

• Steve M.Steve M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is the concept of 'badging' (which is not preparing a printed badge to be worn at an event). Badging is the insertion of a graphic image onto a member's profile so others can see their "credentials" whether it be a level of participation volunteerism, etc.

• ISSRT HeadquartersISSRT Headquarters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any movement on the membership card being able to be accessed by the member. Instead of exporting info into excel and printing out. We would really like electronic cards. it is getting costly to mail them out all the time. How close is Apricot in making this happen?

I wished your event tracking system would allow for individuals to be scanned in and out of sessions (via your app) and somehow tabulate the number hours and allow attendance certificates to be emailed to attendees.

I think a mail merge option is a pretty fine workaround. This could be of interest to our members, however we've never really asked them.

Our members are still in desperate need of being able to download and print their own wallet-size membership card to present for admission to our club house and beach. We are a mixed group and not all have smartphones - though within the next 5-10 years we probably will.

• Dave HallDave Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My use case for this kind of feature would be less about self service and more about simplifying the process for our staff. Right now, we monitor membership purchases and renewals and manually produce and issue membership cards (business card format) off-line, transcribing member information onto the membership card.

It would be nice if we could somehow provide a branded membership card template to the system and the system would generate a PDF or something that could be downloaded and printed. Perhaps an ability to gang print several membership cards on something like the the Avery business card sheets.

The electronic membership cards or self-service member printable cards are also interesting but not something we've thought about yet.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7