Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

System-Generated Certificates after event attendance

Generated certificates with automated distribution upon event conclusion (with verified attendance).

82 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alisha Garber shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We just launched integration with Integromat platform, which helps to build automated workflows. We also provide several templates for quick start, and one of them demonstrates how to send event attendance certificates as professionally looking PDF files.

You can try the integration by this link https://www.integromat.com/en/integration/2303-send-pdf-certificate-to-event-attendees

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CP Rodriguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I think this could be done in WA which is preferred option for us. We could use the email feature of WA to generate a CPE certificate but to do this is would require a few things:

1) The ability to send an email per Event using an existing template that allows your filter on things like registration status, payments status, etc.

2) Custom event fields. To generate the certificate I would need event level fields that can be customized and that are invisible to end users to store things like (Presenter Name, Learning Category, Credit Hours, etc.)

The integromat solutions is WAY TOO cumbersome for most of your users and not a good solution. Plus it requires that we join at least one other service.

A few of our sister chapters are using a competitor and they are able to do this in their systems.

PLEASE Tell me you'll look into this. It's to the point that we are considering not renewing and looking for an alternative.

Another problem with this is it doesnt allow for 'one-offs.' Let's assume that the original email was blocked by the recipients mail server. If it only triggers for the next day how would it be resent. What is someone lost their automatic email. How do i regenerate and send?

Dmitry, Agreed this is not a feasible option, especially with the recent price increase. I could potentially 'work around' and use WA Email features but would need customizable event fields that I could use to generate emails. (e.g. CPE Hourse, CPE category, etc.)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - this is worthless for our organization. Adding monthly expenses to our non-profit is just not an option. It would be great if Wild Apricot could incorporate this in the system and make it easy to use just like sending automated event reminders to registered people. It would also be nice to have CEU tracking built in to each person's profile.

I agree with other commenters, This is worthless. While the Integromat portion seems pretty straightforward, Eledo is entirely too complicated to understand and, while I've sent a support request from Eledo, I've yet to hear back from them. I feel like I need a degree in Eledo to understand how to use it. I think we'd all love an in-house solution from Wild Apricot. that can be customized to our hearts content. Thanks.

I tried using this yesterday and the system is horrible. Eledo is very difficult to use and set-up. I don't think this is a viable solution.

• NATHAN F MCGANTY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is worthless. Remember most us our non-profit with limited finances. We are not looking to add to our monthly fees. I would prefer you allowing us to add certificates to individuals and patches to member accounts/profiles.

• Bader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Dmitry,

Good step forward. However, we are looking to have a built-in solution, with no extra payment.

• Karen Gottlieb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please - certificates for both proof of attendance and CME/CEU credit earned by attending an event.

• Tracey Booth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Wild Apricot can add online continuing education as an integrated option, you will become the #1 platform for small to medium size associations. Currently it is either way too expensive to purchase an AMS with it included or it's done by a third party vendor (also expensive). If it was possible to have purchasers listen or watch and then automatically be sent a certificate of completion, yes yes yes, that would be amazing.

Any update on this? I've noticed items with few votes show up on the "Hot" ideas list. Has this been discussed?

• NATHAN F MCGANTY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this Wild Apricots? It would also be nice to be able to generate this into the membership account page along with any other certifications they receive.

• Amy Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I educate and my membership is taking a change and I have to change with it or close. Being able to issue printable certificates to participants would be a great assistance to my company. People expect instant results and they want a certificate to prove it.

• Nate Flynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute MUST HAVE! Would be nice if certificates were available indefinitely for members to login at any time to their account and retrieve certificates for any trainings they've received.

This would be HUGE for us as well. About 99% of the events we hold require us to generate a certificate of attendence as proof for CE(CPE). We currently do this from an export of attendees and generate in PDF form. WE then upload these to our site under files and provide a unique link to each member via a separate mail merge. It would be ideal if we could generate these via WA and have them linked to each members account or event history so they could retrieve them independently.

• Rachel Lord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree -this would be a huge benefit! We do conference certificates that people use for continuing ed credits. Would LOVE to have them automatically generated from the attendee list.

• Paul Snyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto Drew's comment. We're new to WA, and I'd just asked tech support if they knew of anyone doing something like this before I found this post. For our purposes the form could be a PDF compiled from the Event data and look the same for all recipients. Attendee names included etc. (also from the WA database) would be a bonus. thanks!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base