Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Member directory listing fit more than 1st 50 members at a time

Referring to the Member directory listing, please make the listing quantity bigger. Currently only my 1st 50 members get most publicity, because then website visitors have to click on the drop down menu to get the next few members on the list. Most web visitors do not do that. They see the list of 50 that is open, and miss the rest.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Printing using standard browser print function

the print feature does not work correctly using the browser's print button on my computer. I have to use the Standard template in order to see what I've created or the screen is blank when viewed from the print preview button. Plus, when I switch templates the print does not work that way either.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pay Online button too small

The intergrated "Pay online" button provided by WA is too small and senior folk have difficulty noticing it.
    I suggest a larger, more distinctive button, coloured would be good.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bootstrap

having bootstrap functionality within the HTML editors available for eventing, pages, ...

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide secure FTP to Resources folder, WebDav is too slow and unreliable

File upload via the main files 'widget' is slow and cumbersome, and WebDav uploads are very slow, and often unreliable. Secure FTP should be straightforward to implement, and would make life much simpler when managing large numbers of files.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Restricted Pages - Show as grayed out

It would be nice if a restricted page showed as grayed out so when people aren't logged in, they can see what pages they cannot get to until they log in. See wafla.org. Right now we have a member's only section that can only be seen when the member logs in. It would be good to show people that aren't members yet or our current members that can't find the tab because they aren't logged in.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Preview website and forms as they look for visitors or members

I'd love to see is a preview that shows the page without outlines, and other components from the editor so I can see the page as a user would (Think the "Preview page" option in Word Press). Sometimes we notice little things about spacing, positioning, etc. that are easier to see in a full layout and not as much when there are borders and artifacts.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I have merged several similar suggestion together – they all about previewing various site functions from members perspective. For example, wen pages, registration and application forms, etc.

8. Move "reset to default" button in Colors and Styles panel

I find it too easy to delete customized styles set in the Colors and Styles area. The button to "reset to default" is directly beside the save button. I would prefer if this button were moved to the bottom of the panel so that it is less likely to be clicked by accident.

Also, the wording of the pop up dialogue box could be altered to make it more clear that all customizations will be lost. To make this even better, I would suggest forcing the administrator to type in "DELETE" or "RESET" in order to complete this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow parent-child relationship and ordering for Non-Menu Pages

My Wildapricot Membership Backend is getting MESSY! I am not able to organize "Non-Menu" items to have "children"

Is there something in the works where I can create a page and then create SUBPAGES that are Not Menu Items?

When I click on Reorder my Pages, it only allows this functionality for Menu Items.

Thank You

Angel

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Text Scrolling/Slider

I have been using a jQuery content slider called "bxslider". This however is now causing the "My Profile", "Invoices and Payments" to not display anything. As a workaround I am using the Wild Apricot Slideshow Gadget. I am taking the texts I wish to display, and saving them as a png file via Power Point. Maybe not the most efficient, but I need something up in a hurry and this worked. A big disadvantage of this method is that you can not have a link in the text, and not very scaleable.

I would like to suggest that Wild Apricot…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Control access level for specific gadget on a page - e.g. show some gadgets to specific membership levels only

Improving the process of restricting/allowing access to 1 screen.

Currently it is a complex process that often results in unanticipated results . . . or inability to properly configure that ultimately requires technical support. The process is not intuitive.

It is not easy to manage access to a gadget by membership level and/or group when a gadget is on a page that may or may not be restricted by membership level and/or group.

Allow setting permissions and access by membership levels and/or groups for pages, and for certain gadgets on one page. And make the selections obvious and intuitive so…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add automatic links to "Subpages of Parent of Currently Displayed Page" (siblings)

I have a box on each page with links to other pages, and currently the options for automatic links in this box are:

Of course, I can add links manually.

Often, however, I would like to be able to add automatic links to the other child pages of the parent of the currently displayed page (for instance, under "Members Only" parent, I might have a half dozen child pages, and would like to provide automatic links to these pages in my little helpful box).

Can we have an option "Subpages of Parent of Currently Displayed Page"? This would be really…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to add CSS IDs / class names to page templates

It would be very helpful to be able to target a particular page template, as each page template within a particular website theme uses the same IDs and classes for it's hard coded elements.

I can workaround this by targeting each page ID, but being able to target each page template would be very helpful.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Viewing gadget in page templates when editing...

Editing in page templates would be much more efficient if the specific gadgets in each placeholder were visible just as they are when editing in site pages. Currently the gadgets are not visible; I have to go back several times to change/check the gadget and/or placeholder. Please make it a priority to give users the ability to see the gadgets in page templates instead of seeing "Page specific gadgets used on 1 page(s)" in every placeholder.

Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to change all Pages / System Page Templates at once/in bulk

Hello - this is in regards to Version 5.

It would be nice to be able to change the page template all system pages at once, or be given the option to update all system pages when a new default page template is selected. Currently we have to edit each system page to update it to the new default template.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Customize text in cursor hover on a menu item

Request: the ability to customize the text (perhaps a field on the page set up) that appears when your cursor hovers on a menu item.

Right now, the text defaults to a repeat of the page title.

Benefit: could use it to further explain what can be found on that page, making it faster for a user to navigate to where they want to go, perhaps result in fewer pages, cleaner look.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. List of page using gadget slots in template

When editing a page template, blocks that are in use show a message similar to "Page specific gadgets used on 2 page(s)"

Since these blocks being in use prevents customizing the template and since the site can have many pages, it would be great to see a list of pages that have gadgets in those slots. Currently, I have to go through each page in the site to find them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Conversion of large websites into WA

I would tell anyone with big websites that the conversion is the most difficult part of going to Wild Apricot, especially when there is need to convert many pages. The conversion process was quite painful. We had php pages with very simple and clean html code. Our subcontractor apparently copied and pasted from the displayed webpage instead. This resulted in poor conversion of links and images. Where we had had had a central repository folder for all the images on the old website, we ended up after the conversion having images attached separately to each page and in many cases…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hide a menu link from header when member is logged it

I am wanting to customize the header navigation when a member logs in. Basically my customer has a tab that says "Why Join". They would like for that to vanish when logged in. This will allow for the navigation not to wrap or cause other issues in the navigation

I am wondering if Wild Apricot has 2 header files or any suggestions on how to handle this.

Thanks in advance.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Using macros in a page content

Could you consider a feature by which administrators can add MACRO's to the members only pages similar to the features available to us in confirmation emails?

I remember reading somewhere in the help area (and I cannot find it now) where one can add "Welcome [[INSERT NAME HERE]]" to the members only home page but I remember the process being quite tedious.

When my members login, I like to have a simple message that says

Welcome [[name]]Your [[membership level]] expires on [[Renewal Due Date]]

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base