Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Birthday gadget

It would be nice to have a gadget that would show members' birthdays whether by day, week, or month.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. customizing login

I would like to be able to customize the word LOGIN that appears when using the login gadget. Since our WA website is used both as a portal for members and to display information to curious non members there could be some confusion. In our case I would like to for instance have it say MEMBERS LOGIN HERE

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable floating calendar

Hi, The calendar view of the calendar widget shows a full year/month starting 01-Jan or the 1st day of the month. Wouldn't it be great especially when reaching the end of the year) that the display be shifted to start with current month/week?
    Thank you for your help!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Contact us gadget - to send a message to site admins

Based on thread http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308929-general-discussion-and-questions/suggestions/8822707-contact-us-page from our old general questions forum.

Currently there is no (easy) way to create a "contact us" page, where any visitor can submit some information to site administrators through a simple input form.

Suggestion: create a new gadget ("Contact us form"). Admin can add this gadget to any page (e.g. "Contact us" page) and setup up some parameters (like email to send submitted information to). The gadget will show basic textbox field wшер Send button. Clicking on the button will send content of the textbox to emails specified by admin on gadget settings.

Please, add your…

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. redirect subscription form to another page

We would like to be able to manage all contacts within wildapricot, including non-members (unpaid users). Specifically we need to place a subscription form between a new user and some PDF downloads. To do this, we would need to be able to redirect the page upon the user hitting the subscribe button.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Display membership whose renewal date is > something

I'd like to display someplace on the website the current count of members that are active, and I'd also like to display the number of those that have already renewed for the next year. Something like:

Active Membership: X

Of the membership, X have renewed for 2011

(We are on a calendar based membership)

How easy is this?

thanks!
    -jason

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New Gadget: See who is currently logged in

Desired:
    A gadget where members who are currently logged into your site are displayed.

There would be a list of those who are logged in, with links to their profile pages. Members would have the ability to indicate if they want to be included in this gadget, and for those that do their field-level privacy settings would be respected.

This could be used to show visitors to the site, or logged in members (by putting it in a member restricted area), who is currently on the site which can help encourage communication between people (by using the Member contact form,…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Prompt for Photo Album Gadget Captions

Captions in Photo Albums Gadget: It would be very helpful if the Photo Album Gadget prompted users to add a caption as they upload the pictures, as the current mechanism whereby visitors must "manually" add comments after upload means that many photos have no associated metadata. This is further to my Wild Apricot ticket # 200662 . Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Tinted Tiles menu theme colors and styles settings missing

Theme menu type color

One of our members is both dyslexic and color impaired. We're using Tinted Tiles light blue theming. The menu text is somewhat low in contrast making it hard for this member to read. We'd like to be able to use a lighter type color on the blue background. Help says that this should be themed but we cannot find the menu options in colors and styles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Recipe: Slideshow Gadget: Display title banner with each slide

Using the Slideshow gadget with the link for images functionality in place it is possible to display a description for each slide.

I wanted to display a second bit of text, a floating title (big text) on each of the slides using the "Tooltip" attribute of the link.

To do so, I use a global JS to add a .camera-title div as the first child of each .camera_link element on screen. The div.camera-title can then be styled.

Snippets included below for you to fiddle with:
    <<<<<<<<
    //global JS

<script type="text/javascript">
    jq$(function(){

//Make carousel titles visible
    $('a.camera_link').each(function(idx, elt){
    var linkTitle =…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Accordion gadget

An accordion (collapsing panel) area is a common interface item now but it is a bit time consuming with regular JS and CSS. A gadget that implements the technique would save lots of time. I've used this technique: https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_accordion.asp

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Limit listings on Forum Updates gadget by date

I would like to be able to use a date for the "show topics" selection on the Forum Updates gadget.
    We don't have many posts and most of the ones we do have are old. Right now we have no way to limit what is shown based on a date and our home page (where the Forum Updates gadget is located) looks out-of-date.
    Currently we can choose how many topics we'd like to show but I would like to be able to select "show topics newer than xx/xx/xxxx"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. iTunes & Google Play

Hi,

I managed my non-profit group's website, but I'm not a programmer or web master by trade. We did a number of podcasts last year and I'd like to see about getting them onto iTunes and the Google Play Store. I'm perplexed with iTunes because I follow a link a friend sent me and apple keeps giving me a never ending loop where I log-in, click on the Podcast Connection button and then get asked to log-in again, over and over.

For Google Play though, seems like it might be working but it says I need to have <googeplay:author> and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Some gadgets have built in Title and now none do?

I set my site up months ago, and the gadgets had self-contained titles like "Recent News" or something similar. But when I click on the gadget there is no way to edit that field/title.

So I add a new recent-news gadget and it has NO title at all, so I can add the Headline GADGET and style it accordingly.

Does this sound like an issue anyone else is noticing?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New member list gadget

We are interested in having the latest ten (or whatever #) new members names and their company appear as a scrolling gadget on our home page, similar to a picture slideshow, for a specific number of days.

This could be listed as a member benefit to the association that the new members name/company will be listed on the Association home page.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Social media intergration

Live intergrated Facebook/Twitter/Instagram and other social media accounts pages/HTML setup. so when you post on your mobile phone, it automatically updates on your website. The two work in tandem. So live feeds on website.
    that would be great and would save me money paying other companies for this service. Plus will increase yours.

sebastiaan

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Gadget Displaying Member Name

We would love to see a gadget that displays the member's name. This gadget could be similar to the Login Button Gadget, but showing instead the member's full name only.

This would allow to greatly personalize the member's experience on his/hers content pages, such as greeting them on their homepage. For example: WELCOME ON YOUR HOMEPAGE [(FULL_NAME)].

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shape of colored background for events in calendar gadget

On the current month of calendar, the colored background of each event are rectangles with pointed corners, cropped close to text. On subsequent months, the shapes are rounded corners with more padding around text. There is not a simple way to set the appearance you prefer so the events appear consistent. I was told "It's only possible through advanced CSS and Javascript Customization." which would require us to hire a developer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Photo Order

When uploading photos the last one uploaded shows up first! It would be great if photos could be ordered the other way...the first one shows first, the next one uploaded shows second. If not, then at least have the ability to move photos so they appear in the order we want them to show.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Making "banner" in slideshow link transparent and/or smaller

Make "banner" in slideshow gadget link transparent and/or narrower/smaller

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)