Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Please allow the acceptance of eChecks / ACH payments

We have authorize.net as our payment gateway, which does allow for the acceptance of eChecks, only your forms are not enabled for that type of payment. Please enhance your payment types to include the acceptance of eChecks through authorize.net! Thank you!

38 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

patty_morgan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AlexSirota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support for EFT payments like Interac all over the world would be a terrific value add for WA Payments! +1

• Gicalgary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Accept Debit (Interac) payments through Wild Apricot Payments.
        Hi
        I would be really beneficial to accept Debit Transactions

• AdminTeam Payments (Payments and Finances features, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Gregory,

1. We always have to balance between different features to work on having limited resources. Right now we are just focused on another stuff.

2. Techincally, we're not ready to accept ACH payments. These are different beasts than credit card payments (the main difference is that payment confirmation comes in several days, not seconds). We have to prepare our payments architecture for such types of payments first. This is something that is still in works right now.

Oleg, Product owner @ Payments team

• wkc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking for club software but passing on WA because lack of eChecks. Otherwise would have gone forward, bummer.

• Michael Starr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get an update on this. It's hard to believe this isnt supported since the payment providers support it. This saves thousands of dollars for small clubs - it should be a the top of the list!

• Daniel Favier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If integrated with Payment Express (DPS) then this feature (bank to bank) is also available through a solution called Account2Account.

• Gregory E Sharp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my vote to the voices here looking for the ability to receive eChecks through Wild Apricot. Aside from the previously stated financial incentives to do EFT instead of credit cards, our cooperative is also interested in the implicit requirement of having a bank account in place as an additional security measure/identity verification. It looks like this request has been out there for quite a while now and I doubt that any of the good reasons for this request have changed, so I do hope this is on the short list of upcoming improvements. I can plainly say that at our organization scales, the lack of EFT support would be the primary driver to move off wild apricot.

• AdminTeam Payments (Payments and Finances features, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for posting this, Alex

a) We plan to finish architectural updates of WA payments system by the end of this year. This will allow us to release a number of requested payment method updates, including ACH payment (but no promises here - it's still a bunch of work).

b) Until then, you can record ACH payments manually in WA using approach you suggested. You will still need to create a manual payment record for such payment though, and there's no need to turn off online payments.

Oleg, Product Designer @ Wild Apricot

• AlexSirota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a potential customer who called me looking for this feature in particular with authorize.net or stripe both which support ACH/echecks.

I was thinking maybe this could be implemented by just turning off online payments and recording the banking info as part of a profile so when a submission comes in, someone goes manually into the profile and manually posts the data to the check clearing services. Of course automated passing of data to authorize.net would be better, but I am looking for cheap and cheerful solutions until an automated approach works.

• ian.hutchings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support for direct internet bank transfers such as POLi used in AUS and NZ would let those who don't have or wont use credit cards online to make payments. Avoids manual scanning of bank account and reconciling payments to WA invoices.

• Luis Cajiga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. We need to have the alternative to setup more than one payment method. Please rush

• Shelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see this happen, too - and the PayPal integration through Authorize.net. We need to be able to offer members multiple methods of payments - not just one. I just found out that I can only use one payment system at a time.

• Tim J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a non-profit, we don't have a "company credit card." We would like to be able to pay for our WA account using ACH instead of credit card.

• dssccsfa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also an Authorize.net shop. We want to move away from all offline payments but we need ECH to do this. We would also love to save the money in fees. PLEASE PLEASE implement this functionality.

Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stripe also accepts ACH payments. We would love to be able to accept ACH through wild apricot using Stripe. We work with a lot of small organizations that don't have credit cards.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base