Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Can we have an option to create and send a pdf of the invoice

We are getting requests from event attendees for a pdf or a hardcopy of the invoice as organisations won't accept an email as an official invoice

thanks derek

48 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

derek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eugene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this must be a universal issue for most organizations. Majority of clients are OK with email invoice but some clients still want PDF hardcopy. So please integrate this if possible WA.

• colin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my voice to this list. I need to be able to present soft-copy storeable finance documents to our members, especially invoices in Australian tax invoice format. I have amended the invoice email template and that will work for some members, but not all.

• Camilla Elmes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our clients also have the need for a PDF version of their invoices, either to be included in automatically sent invoice emails, also to be able to download a pdf copy of their invoice when they are logged in to their member profile. This is a huge obstacle in not being able to offer this facility, it is not really a nice to have option, more of a professional necessity. Are there any updates on when this might be implemented?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when will this option of sending an invoice as a pdf be available. I see requests have been made since 2015.

• Sally Bunce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I frequently receive complaints that the invoices don't print well and a lot of accounts departments require pdf's now. This would be a fantastic addition to your product!

• LeoniAAGE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of our members require PDFs of their tax invoices and payment receipts and I've received numerous complaints that they are not sent in this format or downloadable from the website. Would be great to automatically attach PDF copies to these emails, or have the option for invoices and receipts to be downloaded from the website.

• rwta.wildapricot.org commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also getting frequent requests for Invoices as PDFs. In our association the members are businesses and need to submit the invoices to an accounts department.

• Bonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option for a pdf of the invoice to be sent automatically with an emailed invoice would be very helpful.

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if this worked liked Quickbooks Online (QBO). You can send the invoice via email (within the email) and then a PDF attached goes with it or there is a link for the PDF attachment. Most companies do want an actual letter sized invoice with invoice across the top of it.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I note that this was was first raised in 2015 - has anything been actioned on this. I agree with Julie, many businesses will query this format

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been requested by many of our members too. Would be great!

• Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option is really needed because an invoice sent by email can be altered when it is forwarded (to accounts payable for example). As a result, it is not accepted by a number of companies.

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

make invoices; receipts; documents be able to be sent/ uploaded as an attachment pdf file separate from the print pdf feature

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issues with companies no accepting an email invoice as an official document. There is often an approvals process on the payers end and may need sign off by more than one person to pay and then to process by the accounts team. This capability would certainly be a welcome improvement for me!

• robedeew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! This option needs to be made available. Please implement this option which should be standard practice.

• SWEAtlanta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to "send invoice as PDF" to the member. There is the option to export an invoice as a PDF, but then I have to download it and manually send it to the member. It would be nice if WA had the option to click a button and it sends it as a PDF.

Feedback and Knowledge Base