Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Registrant to view and change his event registrations

Current features:
Once registered, a person can not change anything (i.e. cancel/edit details) about their registration, this can only be done by the administrator

Desired behavior:
Registrants should have the ability to view and edit their own event registration(s)

389 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry Buterin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Supporters!

We’ve prepared design suggestion for this idea:
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XrhtUinBndBDRUO73SkUzjzJLJdRbYUq_19EtuFkKu8/edit#slide=id.p

Key changes:

1)Ability for members to review all their event registrations, filter them, and view details.
    It will appear in the member’s profile in a new My registrations tab.

2) New Cancellation setting will be available in registration type settings with 3 options:
    • Do not allow cancellation
    • Allow sending cancellation request to event organizer
    • Allow cancellation up to N days before start of event

3) New email “Event registration canceled” will be sent automatically if member cancels his event registration. It can be customized.

Our first step will not include ability for members to change event registration detais from profile. We will consider this problem separately and collect additional information.

Will be glad to hear your comments about suggested solution!

184 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely need to be able to cancel or change their registrations during the registration windows. My members have suggested eventbrite because they don't want to call to change a guest, a meal, or cancel altogether.

• D Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Members should be able to login and see all the events they registered for, the status of whether they attended or not and what their registration options for. For upcoming events, they should be able to go back and modify their registrations and update as needed.

• Riley Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is fine, but it should be an option and should include notification to the event manager or some other person that a registration has been canceled.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to get members to register online instead of either emailing or giving verbal confirmations that they are attending an event has been an uphill battle.
        Finally getting traction in this regard - but asking them to email us if they are cancelling is frustrating our efforts to get them online in the first place.

Members need a simple way to see what events they have registered for, and whether the event is paid. Our club offers multiple events (classes) twice a year, and members often register for 3, 4, or sometimes more events. When registration occurs a month or more before the event, it's easy to forget which events you have registered for. Perhaps an additional tab could be added to the profile page that would show all events for which the member is registered along with the registration type and the payment status. It would be valuable to include even events which are in the past.

• jws commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like members to be able to view their event history & to be able to generate a report showing events attended.

• Pat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be our #1 request but here is the type of behavior we need. For free events, members should be able to cancel themselves within the open registration period. Want them to be able to cancel themselves after the registration period too so we know they aren't coming. If they are cancelling after the open registration period, the event coordinator, not the administrator must to be notified of the cancellation by email, right away.

For paid events, you could allow them to cancel during the open registration and receive a credit for the amount paid. If cancelled after the registration is closed, no credit should be given. An email must go to the event coordinator and the event administrator. The event administrator will issue the credit if it is warranted.

Hope that helps with the design.

• Linda W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful for our organization. I encourage work on this!

• Gwyneth Moss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our events are small group free events and often oversubscribed. We need for people to be able to cancel themselves. They often forget to email admin and instead notify the presenter, who cannot cancel them and free up the place. Or they don't notify and the presenter is waiting for them because the name is still on the list. I appreciate that cancelling paid events is more complex but please the priority is free events.

• Kopernicus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is BY FAR the most imoprtant feature request on this list. It is inconceivable that this functionality does not already exist.

• Terri-Lynn Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this feature optional. Currently canceling an event in Wild Apricot deletes all information that is associated with the event's invoice. This would be catastrophic to us as we rely on the invoice and the invoice items that are added to identify exactly what the person needs to pay. If you just delete it, there will be no way that we can reference refunds from deposits that are already made against the event.

In our case, the registrar definitely needs to know when an event registration is canceled in order to properly handle the refund and the waitlist, so it's not at all a waste of the administrator's time. If this feature is implemented it must be optional.

• marykathryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Members should be able to cancel their own registrations. It wastes the admins time to have to go in and do that for them. Please add this feature!

• Katheryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This and a simplified RSVP would be two huge wins for my organization!

• Rick Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have over 200 votes for this, it has been on the list for a long time, and there are many many here that feel it is essential.

Why can't we now get some of these high vote, aged items released.

The next release is releasing a bunch of low low vote stuff. And when we look at the 'Working On' list, we find the same thing. Working on suggestions that a few requested rather than the high requested, been waiting a long time issues ?

Feedback and Knowledge Base