Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

540 results found

1. Add a spell checker for members when posting to forums

I have been getting complaints from members saying there is no spell checker to use when they are using the message and discussion area. For months I have been telling them there was as I use it every day.

The problem is they were correct all the time. I have one in admin mode but when I changed to member view the spell checker was not there. This is a MAJOR problem for me. People need a spell checker to post messages. Please let me know how to fix this problem asap. The message and discussion area is the most…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Archived  ·  1 comment  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adding links to member profile pictures [11684]

We are looking at the possibility of adding QR codes to member profiles. This can be done very easily via the member picture option. It works just fine, I can create QR and insert codes to go to websites, pull up google location maps or send SMS messages.

What would be nice is to do something if the site visitor mouse-clicks on the QR code rather than scans it. Simply being able to add a "normal link" to a URL or email address would be a great start and as this can be done anywhere else on the site, hopefully…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Gradual Content Delivery

It would be great to have gradual content delivery whereby specific pages could become visible to members depending on their length of membership (ie: 30 days, 60 days, 90 days etc).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. QuickBooks Intuit Merchant Services

Our organization would also like to use Quickbooks/Intuit Merchant Services. We are very unhappy with PayPal especially when processing corporate credit cards. It appears that Google Checkout requires individuals to have a Google account which some of our members object to.

Since you have an interface with Quickbooks, why not add its Merchant Services processing.

Thank you.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for posting and sharing your feedback with us.

Adding a new gateway doesn’t align with our current focus for the product. Supporting each payment systems takes time and resources away from our development and support teams to provide the better, more reliable service.

We are going to archive the idea, but please, continue to share your feedback!

5. Remove event date from title tag RSS feed for events

The xml tag for <title> in the calendar RSS feed includes the date, but we don't want the date to show-up in our public scrolling RSSInclude.com window (see hopeca.com). Is there any way to repress the date from being included in the <title> tag (there's already a <pubdate> tag that includes the date information.

Seems like if you had an option in the event itself to display the date (or not) in the RSS feed, that would be good.

Thanks for any help!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. More configurability for member-uploaded photos

More control over what photos members can upload. For instance, perhaps by default, each member can upload up to 10 photos with a maximim size of 100k each. An administrator could give more access to particular members.

Configure if each uploaded image must be approved by an approver or becomes visible immediately, configured by user.

Ability for other members to flag and temporarily hide images that are inappropriate. An approver can see and delete or reenable photos as needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  Evgeny Zaritovskiy responded

Not clear why admins would need this. Closing as there have been no activity for long time

7. Redesign of event registrations

We are working on a wide-ranging redesign of event registration which would address many requests listed in other threads:

We will post more information as it comes, as you may notice we have quite a bunch of changes.

We will be also posting design mockups here.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, guys – this is too broad of a topic and we cannot really address it in a way it was formed (by me! in 2011!). We have a number of separate event ideas that cover a number of things mentioned here.
    I’m closing it – feel free to add new suggestions if you believe something is not already in the Events Wishlist already.

8. Separating our contacts resulting from cancelled event registrations

Currently non-member, non-event, not-donor contacts, 'pure' contacts for short, are not separable from contacts resulting from cancelled event registration. I would like to see these two in separate catagories or at least a means for searching on each.

My organization uses 'pure' contacts to list groups and organizations which are not members but are to receive free (hard-copy) newsletters. We do this because many members and associated clubs/organizations prefer hard-copy; for members this is handled as one of several member fields dealing with our newsletter.

We would also like to know of these canceled event registrations so that we can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible with using “At least one event registration status” advanced search criteria.

9. Ability to Lapse and Archive Member in separate stages

Hi

It would be great if we could lapse a membership at one date and then archive the record at a later date. At the moment the two only exist at the same date option on the renewal workflow.

The reason for this would be to restrict access to events once the Membership has expired, but allow people to log on to renew. If they do not renew within, say, six months, they could then be archived.

At the moment, to achieve this, we create Membership Levels called Lapsed Individual, with a renewal period of Never (so that they can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Username vs. Email. Allow login and self-service operations for members without email

Although the last update of WA software allowed site admins to create membership entries without email addresses, this only addresses a small part of the problem.

We want to move away from costly site admin intervention, ideally new members will create their own entries and we will only validate them once dues have been paid.

This means that we really do still need to allow:
    (1) members to sign up without email addresses and
    (2) members to sign up with duplicate email addresses.

I assume that (2) will have to mean moving away from having the username == email address…

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  Team Husky responded

Hi Supporters,

Thank you for all the feedback and support for this suggestion. After reviewing all the comments and related feature suggestions, we have decided to separate it into multiple ideas and close the original request. For more details, see our explanation below.

Based on the original request and all the comments we believe this suggestion is trying to combine and solve the following problems:

1) some members want to be part of an organization, but they don’t have an email address

2) some members don’t have a personal email address and use a shared email with someone that is also a member/contact

After careful consideration, we have decided that we won’t be able to support the first scenario in the foreseeable future, for both practical (e.g. additional manual work for admins) and security reasons (e.g. no way to recover an account). However, the second scenario (supporting members with shared/family…

11. Google checkout - recurring billing [10457]

Hello,

One feature I would love to see is to have the option to use Google Checkout's recurring billing feature... it is currently in beta (please see this article: http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/developer/Google_Checkout_Beta_Subscriptions.html )

Authorize.net and Paypal Pro both carry sizable monthly fees associated with recurring billing, so if Google Checkout can be used to run subscriptions for recurring payments, this would be very helpful for our nonprofit!

Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include Member ID in the renewal page

In the membership renewal workflow, when it gets to the page with the payment instructions, it would be good if the member ID is displayed. It would help me if we make it easy for people who are paying off-line (manual) to write their member ID on the check.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Capability to transfer member credits to another

It would be nice if we could also "settle" a member credit to another member/contact account. We get requests sometimes from members to use their credit to pay another member's invoice (may be a spouse or friend). It would be great if we could do that with a "settle" to another account as an option, rather than just invoices.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  3 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Do not automatically update renewal date when admin changes level

We use a separate membership level for board members (the need came up when we wanted to have a section of the web site reserved for board members and couldn't find another way to do it other than limiting a section to a specific membership level).

When a member comes on to the board, her/his membership renewal date changes automatically to a year from the date of the change itself. This is a problem for us as the membership renewal date is independent from the board service date (one should not drive the other).

What I would like is for…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Save fellow members as 'favourite'

It would be really good to allow members to save each other as favourites, for ease of regular correspondence.

not a major issue as if you make regular contact you can move to regular email but just being able to click and share quick messages, or forward events to people by clicking on a favourite would be very handy.

Some feature that will allow that kind of 'share event with friend' feature would be handy also?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Quantity field in dynamic pricing of membership dues

I sell variable amounts of workspace along with my monthly membership. I use dynamic pricing with radio buttons but I have to use too many buttons to get the range of variability I need.

I suggest adding a quantity field in the dynamic pricing with the ability to make it a normal part of every months member dues. The dynamic pricing seems to be set up for selling a t-shirt or meal for occasional charges, but I need monthly dynamic pricing with quantity to be added to monthly dues.

My site is www.shoppeople.org

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Registration email confirmation customization [10260]

Hi,

We would really like to customize the admin event registration confirmation email to add custom fields. Until that is available, we're hoping to simply find a way to add our admin email address as a cc to the custom registration email we created for the attendees.

Presume there must be a way to do this, even if it requires setting up a rule within the mailbox admin to forward a copy of all outgoing emails to admin@xyz.com for example.

We have a custom attendee confirmation email setup, but we can't figure out how to get a copy of that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  Team Events responded

Any registration email could be copied to organization account in the Event email settings. Also any existing administrator could be selected as cc or any email could be specified in the Email Routing settings.

18. Add E-xac and InternetSecure payment gateways integration

It would be nice if WA also integrated as E-xac and InternetSecure as payment managers. Both are canadian, just like WA :-)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Amazon Payment processor option

Amazon is now offering free payment service to their accounts. Since our org is already an active Amazon Associate, the payment plan would be a perfect fit. It would be great if WA would support the Amazon protocol like Google or Paypal. An Amazon Payment button and corresponding widget might solve a multitude of costly problems.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  1 comment  ·  Online payments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Revising bundle membership functionality

About a year ago we have created functionality which was originally called 'Group membership' and later has been renamed into 'Bundle membership' (See http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Membership+bundles ). Our goal behind this functionality was to make it easy to deal with multi-person memberships (typically sold as a package, a 'bundle'):
    * corporate membership
    * sports team
    * family/household

In a nutshell, for a given membership level you specify that it is a 'Bundle' (limited to NN members per bundle or unlimited). Person applying for membership becomes administrator and can later add members to his bundle at no additional charge.

It sounds like this…

154 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  Team Membership responded

This suggestion has accumulated many votes over a year and is on of top 3 in “Members” category, so this year we started the analysis of it.

During analysis, we’ve processed all the comments here. And we concluded that while all of them are related to bundle membership problem, there are different cases. We know that we cannot address all the cases at once, we need to prioritize.

So, we have classified the comments and found either existing topics in the Wishlist or created new ones. Here is the full list of the topics that cover in full all the comments provided here:

1 2 23 24 25 27 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base