Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Do not automatically update renewal date when admin changes level

We use a separate membership level for board members (the need came up when we wanted to have a section of the web site reserved for board members and couldn't find another way to do it other than limiting a section to a specific membership level).

When a member comes on to the board, her/his membership renewal date changes automatically to a year from the date of the change itself. This is a problem for us as the membership renewal date is independent from the board service date (one should not drive the other).

What I would like is for WA to ask whether the membership renewal date should be advanced or remain as part of the process of assigning a member to a different level.

Thank you.

-Alex

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alex YaroslavskyAlex Yaroslavsky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Doug MilesDoug Miles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think I have a slightly different issue. If the admin goes in and changes someone's Membership Level in the Membership tab, maybe to correct an error, or switch to a different category but at the same fee, or in advance of renewals, the system automatically moves the renewal date on by a year. If this is not noticed, they get up to a year's extra term! I think the default should be to leave the renewal date as is, or at least there should be a warning flag that it has changed.

• prawsonprawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But, a member who is elected to a Board office should not have their "member since" date change, either.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7