Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Click column headers to re-sort directory

I would really like to be able to allow users to re-sort a member directory simply by clicking a column header. Right now, the sort order of the directory is pre-determined by the admin who sets up the directory page.

If that's too complicated, then maybe provide a dropdown box with all the visible fields on the directory page from which the user can choose.

As an added feature if you ever decide to implement this, being able to indicate the direction of the sort is useful (A to Z vs. Z to A).

Kim

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display membership whose renewal date is > something

I'd like to display someplace on the website the current count of members that are active, and I'd also like to display the number of those that have already renewed for the next year. Something like:

Active Membership: X

Of the membership, X have renewed for 2011

(We are on a calendar based membership)

How easy is this?

thanks!
    -jason

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Gadget: See who is currently logged in

Desired:
    A gadget where members who are currently logged into your site are displayed.

There would be a list of those who are logged in, with links to their profile pages. Members would have the ability to indicate if they want to be included in this gadget, and for those that do their field-level privacy settings would be respected.

This could be used to show visitors to the site, or logged in members (by putting it in a member restricted area), who is currently on the site which can help encourage communication between people (by using the Member contact form,…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Prompt for Photo Album Gadget Captions

Captions in Photo Albums Gadget: It would be very helpful if the Photo Album Gadget prompted users to add a caption as they upload the pictures, as the current mechanism whereby visitors must "manually" add comments after upload means that many photos have no associated metadata. This is further to my Wild Apricot ticket # 200662 . Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tinted Tiles menu theme colors and styles settings missing

Theme menu type color

One of our members is both dyslexic and color impaired. We're using Tinted Tiles light blue theming. The menu text is somewhat low in contrast making it hard for this member to read. We'd like to be able to use a lighter type color on the blue background. Help says that this should be themed but we cannot find the menu options in colors and styles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. iTunes & Google Play

Hi,

I managed my non-profit group's website, but I'm not a programmer or web master by trade. We did a number of podcasts last year and I'd like to see about getting them onto iTunes and the Google Play Store. I'm perplexed with iTunes because I follow a link a friend sent me and apple keeps giving me a never ending loop where I log-in, click on the Podcast Connection button and then get asked to log-in again, over and over.

For Google Play though, seems like it might be working but it says I need to have <googeplay:author> and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Some gadgets have built in Title and now none do?

I set my site up months ago, and the gadgets had self-contained titles like "Recent News" or something similar. But when I click on the gadget there is no way to edit that field/title.

So I add a new recent-news gadget and it has NO title at all, so I can add the Headline GADGET and style it accordingly.

Does this sound like an issue anyone else is noticing?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. New member list gadget

We are interested in having the latest ten (or whatever #) new members names and their company appear as a scrolling gadget on our home page, similar to a picture slideshow, for a specific number of days.

This could be listed as a member benefit to the association that the new members name/company will be listed on the Association home page.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Gadget Displaying Member Name

We would love to see a gadget that displays the member's name. This gadget could be similar to the Login Button Gadget, but showing instead the member's full name only.

This would allow to greatly personalize the member's experience on his/hers content pages, such as greeting them on their homepage. For example: WELCOME ON YOUR HOMEPAGE [(FULL_NAME)].

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shape of colored background for events in calendar gadget

On the current month of calendar, the colored background of each event are rectangles with pointed corners, cropped close to text. On subsequent months, the shapes are rounded corners with more padding around text. There is not a simple way to set the appearance you prefer so the events appear consistent. I was told "It's only possible through advanced CSS and Javascript Customization." which would require us to hire a developer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Photo Order

When uploading photos the last one uploaded shows up first! It would be great if photos could be ordered the other way...the first one shows first, the next one uploaded shows second. If not, then at least have the ability to move photos so they appear in the order we want them to show.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Making "banner" in slideshow link transparent and/or smaller

Make "banner" in slideshow gadget link transparent and/or narrower/smaller

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Twitter

Include a gadget to display feed from our association's twitter account

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. appointment function like WIX appointment

I want to have a function of appointment function like WIX appointment

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Centrally managed gadgets

I would like to be able to save a gadget to a central directory (not specific to a page) so that I can update it once and have the update appear on all pages in which that saved gadget exists. While the gadget can be added to a template, if the same gadget is on multiple templates, I have to update each one.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tabs Gadget

provide a tabs gadget/layout where the style is aligned with the theme and the webbuilder only schould take care of the tab content, where each tab can be edited similar to the slidershow

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_tabs.asp

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Document Library Gadget

Our community organization maintains a lot of short legal PDF documents for reference by our members. The current website we use has a document library function which makes it easy to load a lot of documents into a web page. This page then lists their titles, when they were added, how many hits each document has had over time, etc. You can also sort and resort the documents by clicking on the various column headings.

Right now, we have to manually insert details about each document into a static HTML table. Keeping the documents properly sorted is also difficult. If…

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Social profile gadget

ad email to Social profile gadget might exist as it is available on the "contact us" gadget on the Wild Apricot help site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Saved Search should work the same in a directory gadget as it does from the Admin/Members/Saved Searches screen. Additional restrictions bas

Saved Search should work the same in a directory gadget as it does from the Admin/Members/Saved Searches screen. Additional restrictions based on Member Status should not be added by Wild Apricot. The administrator who defines the search should do that.

This is actually a design defect. Yes - it works as designed (and documented) - it is badly designed

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Installable Custom Gadgets

Please add the ability for developers to create custom gadgets that clients can upload to their websites. The API opens up so many opportunities to extend the features of the site, and the ability to create and distribute custom gadgets that tap into a custom service would be extremely beneficial to all.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base