Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Query active members in prior years (they can be inactive now)

I want to query my member database to determine how many active members we had in prior years. For example, how many members did we have in 2012? I have set criteria for member status=active and member since<12/31/2012. My problem is that I need to count members who have been members since 2009, unless they lapsed before 1/1/2012 and were not active during 2012. I cannot figure out how to do that with the advanced query structure.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rgm5602Rgm5602 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jenpenjenpen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our membership officer worked it out. She did an advanced search for "paid on or before June 30th 2014". It seemed like the right thing - because we only launched in May.

But we only have financial memberships so perhaps your idea is better? What do you mean "work backwards from there"?

• Fluid ApricotFluid Apricot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is currently no way to run this type of report (if you only have paid memberships you could try running a financial report instead for that period, then work backwards from there but its not very accurate).

If its urgent we can get you a copy of your recent member database for any specific date in the last 30 days. Contact us at support@wildapricot.com if you need that backup.

• Rgm5602Rgm5602 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the reply. At least I know I can stop looking for a way to do it!

This seems like a useful issue to pursue a solution for. In my situation, I have a need to look back at our history for reporting to our national organization, and the data is all in my web database, but not in a form that is accessible and usable for this purpose. Would sure appreciate an upgrade if at all possible! There must be other organizations using this service that would find this helpful(?)

• anonymous_216.191.42.186anonymous_216.191.42.186 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, there is no way to do this in Wild Apricot. There is no historical data kept for your membership for you to query. You could use the 'Member since' criteria to see how many members you had during a time period, however, you wouldn't be able to further filter out who was active and lapsed during that time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7