Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Registering families for events

I've really had to finagle the system to make it possible for us to have an event to which children are likely to attend with their parents. At present, we have the ability to have guest registrations at a different rate, or guest registrations at the same rate, or the ability to have everyone register separately. What's needed is to have the cardholder be able to register everyone according to whatever rate they should get. For example:

Adult at 10, Children at 5. Right now the system can handle two adults, or two children being registered at once. The system can also handle 1 adult and many children being registered. The system cannot handle 3 adults and two children.

76 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TamaraBTamaraB shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Julie HawkinsJulie Hawkins shared a merged idea: Event registrations for bundle members  ·   · 
    Stride by the Tide Event ChairStride by the Tide Event Chair shared a merged idea: Sign ups  ·   · 
    liz.monroeliz.monroe shared a merged idea: Multiple Registrations  ·   · 
    koolerbkoolerb shared a merged idea: Multiple Registration Amounts on One Event Registration  ·   · 

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very redundant to have to register each person separately for events - need a quick way to register multiple guests at the same time and pay only once.

• Team EventsAdminTeam Events (Event Management, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tiziana

The short answer is no. Unfortunately there was always something more important.

The good news is we’ve created dedicated events team recently.
        We will be responsible for addressing top requested features from this area.
        https://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/category/127234-events

In meantime we’re going to concentrate on top 2 ('RSVP' and 'Registrant to change his event registration')
        Then we’ll be able to review TOP 10 others and consider votes, estimated time to develop, and some other factors. Finally we will be able to decide about our roadmap.

'Registering families for events' is in those TOP 10 so it will be definitely considered as potential candidate.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Did WA do any progress on the comment made by TamaraB (see below)?
        Thank you,

Tiziana

Ref. TamaraB's comment: I've really had to finagle the system to make it possible for us to have an event to which children are likely to attend with their parents. At present, we have the ability to have guest registrations at a different rate, or guest registrations at the same rate, or the ability to have everyone register separately. What's needed is to have the cardholder be able to register everyone according to whatever rate they should get. For example:

Adult at 10, Children at 5. Right now the system can handle two adults, or two children being registered at once. The system can also handle 1 adult and many children being registered. The system cannot handle 3 adults and two children.

• Kim LeitchKim Leitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big issue for our organization as well. If a member wants to register for an event and bring a Guest (different rate than member) that`s fine. However if a member wants to bring one or more members, each registration and payment is separate. Other event management sites have drop-downs to select X number of people at X rate, etc.
        I would appreciate thoughts, consideration to add to upgrades if possible.
        Thank you

• Aidan BaileyAidan Bailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add my voice to this request. I have set up family bundles and also 'Grouped' extended family or non-married couples. This helps me navigate as an administrator but the same convenience doesn't extend to members when they are registering for an event. At the moment, I am getting round this by asking registrants to add family members as 'guests'. That works in terms of ensuring that events aren't oversubscribed but is inconvenient for the registrant who has to keep rekeying data that the system already holds. It also skews my management information; so, at the end of the year, if I want to see who has registered for which events and who actually attended etc., that is messed up. Someone previously offered up a good solution and so, to keep this current, I have cut and paste it below.

How about providing the Bundle Administrator with the ability for group registrations? This person would be able to see all of the members "linked" to their membership whether as a member of a bundle or as part of a Group just like the list in their profile. If you allow group registrations(create a parameter), the bundle administrator can log in, go to event registration and see the list of the members linked to their membership. Select a name from the list and then go through the registration process for that person. Then have the option to register another person from their bundle. The registration information is tied to the individual but the invoice is tallied and tied to the bundle administrator for 1 payment after completing the registration for however many people will attend the event. We would be happy to discuss possible solutions to ease the registration process for bundles.

• Julie HawkinsJulie Hawkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our memberships include couple and family memberships. Event registrations don't cope with this well. It's easy to add a guest but not a your spouse.

• tanyaFtanyaF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our group is a moms group and it is important to be able to track amount of children that will be attending. Currently we are saying "Please enter number of children in 'guests' drop down" but reading directions does not always happen...

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this? It's extremely inconvenient for families to register for events as it is.

• Stride by the Tide Event ChairStride by the Tide Event Chair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow spouses/significant other to sign up at the same time (not on separate accounts for the same event). An event can sell out and then the second person won't have a spot.

• liz.monroeliz.monroe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Registering multiple people has proven complicated for some of our members. If a mom wants to sign up for herself and 2 of her kids for a zoo field trip (when adult tickets are $10 and child tix are $8) they are not always clear on how to do this.

• Kid ApricotKid Apricot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately it is not possible to have select a different registration type for guests at the moment. I have moved this to the Wishlist forum.

• Phil AndersonPhil Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too have this issue,we often run events for members and non members over 1 and 2 days. I thought that I might be able to get around it by using the radio buttons with extra costs (and just add guests) but ran into the problem of members and non members having different prices and there is no way to stop non members choosing the member rate doing it this way. It would really help out a lot if people could add additional guests with a different registration type or make the radio buttons inherit user access so only a member can select member prices in the rego form.

• Nancy ClarkNancy Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are desperately seeking a bundle registration solution. We manage several associations with bundle memberships.

How about providing the Bundle Administrator with the ability for group registrations? This person would be able to see all of the members "linked" to their membership just like the list in their profile. If you allow group registrations(create a parameter), the bundle administrator can log in, go to event registration and see the list of the members linked to their membership. Select a name from the list and then go through the registration process for that person. Then have the option to register another person from their bundle. The registration information is tied to the individual but the invoice is tallied and tied to the bundle administrator for 1 payment after completing the registration for however many people will attend the event. We would be happy to discuss possible solutions to ease the registration process for bundles.

• Tim StoennerTim Stoenner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our Organization also supports some sort of shopping cart functionality for event registration. We always have multiple price points for adults and their children so the requirement to go in and out to create multiple invoices based on registration types or to handle children or other guests as extra cost radio button add-ons is pretty outdated when we compare usability to a site like Event Brite. Any thought of integrating some sort of plug in that would integrate with the membership data, and just take a nominal fee per registrant in order to get this process a little smoother?

• pamsorooshpamsoroosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our events are family events and so everybody is always registering more than one person at the same time. Currently, they have to go back to the registration page to register each additional person and then, after the last one, pay for all at once. This is a little cumbersome and some people find it confusing and even forget along the way which family members they've already registered.

We would like very much if there could be one page that allowed people to add additional registrations (under their email address).

Adding a guest doesn't work because of the limitations. The additional registrations need to be able to be of various registration types and rates.

• BAWSC WebmasterBAWSC Webmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our club also strongly supports this enhancement request as majority of our members are families where we have different rates for events based on age of the attendees. Today families have to create multiple registrations for events with no way to let the event chair know the are all together.

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To clarify: there is no mystery about "~70" - these are the threads with 10 or more authors commenting in them (not comments, but different authors).

Speaking about your requests: both are yes.

"Late fees on renewals" - This in analysis queue, not ready for development yet.

"Recipients of Announcement E-mails" - this is ready for development and one of the top candidates for after 5.0 release.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7