Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Membership Trends Reporting

Retaining your membership is important to your organization. While Wild Apricot gives you the ability to do automatic renewals and send out reminders for non-automatic renewals, some have suggested that it would be handy to be able to report on this.

Suggested
Create the ability for administrators to be able to run reports on renewal rates for members.

The important thing for this is that we identify what information should be in the reports. At first blush, I can imagine:
* In a year, how many renewals were done before the renewal date, on the renewal date, and then certain days after renewal date (5 days after, 30 days after etc). This could be set up so that it gets the dates from the reminders that you've set up on your membership level.
* Attrition - How many members within a certain time period have not renewed or have been archived .

I'd love to hear what other information about your members renewal/membership status you'd like to be able to track and analyze.

149 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

anonymous_206.223.175.10 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

64 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if we could customize the Summary page to our needs. Numbers are nowhere near what we track. We have to export into a spreadsheet, sort/filter.

• TangentRW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope that is what the proposal means. I try to track our membership on a monthly basis but if I fall behind even one month it becomes much more difficult to have trend counts. I know this because I am behind right now and I am not looking forward to counting invoices.

• AdminTeam Astra (Membership features, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sidney, let me rephrase your request, for clarification. You need to see numbers, the summary of membership for past periods.
        For example, how many New members were enrolled (or Lapsed) on the level for the last month/year/period. Am I right?

Katya, Astra crew.
        Membership features @ WIld Apricot

• sidm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to be able to call up old membership summaries. This would help in understanding membership trends.

• Mary Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been struggling with this and find it hard to make sense of all the replies. I'll come at it a different way....

I feel like the basic problem here is that membership is tied to individual profiles. There's no archive of member level info. Could there be a separate module (like financial) that enables searches of membership counts and "transactions" over time for different levels (such as new, renewal, lapse)? Then we could all build the reports we want (and/or there could be standard reports).

• TangentRW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our case month by month tracking would be useful. We do this manually for performance tracking and reporting.

Members who are current.
        Members who are lapsed.
        New members.
        Members who have upgraded downgraded.
        Counts of each membership level.

• docjohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So 7 years after this was suggested, I still can't tell my board what our member retention rate is? So disappointing and the lack of simple reporting features like this is making us rethink staying on WA.

• Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The need to calculate renewal rates is absolutely critical for any serious membership organization. While I like WA's feature set in general, the lack of a renewal rate report is shocking. It's membership 101.

• AdminTeam Astra (Membership features, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Janelle,

Could you specify what kind of reports do you need? New membership, lapsed members?
        Probably, the similar request is already presented in our Wishlist forum and I can append your comment and vote to it.

Katya, Astra crew
        Membership management features @ Wild Apricot

• Charles Daughdrill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to run a report (or preferably to see on the dashboard) the number of members I have today. As it currently functions, I have to run a report of all members, sort by renewal date, and delete those who have not renewed in order to get an accurate number of my members today. This is burdensome and challenging at best. It is particularly difficult since I have a large database and the report does not run quickly. I need the info now. Is there a plan to add this functionality?

• JimF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should have a central access point for our customizable or frequently-used reports ("Favorites").

The number of clicks I have to go through (several times a day when our members register or update registrations) to get to the "Participant details" variation of the Event Registration Fields report borders on the incredible. Then, after generating that report, how can I distribute it to the event registrants!!! Take a screen shot and email that out, is the only way I've figured how to do this. Seriously? Ugh!

• JimF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to have Financial Reporting that is on par with Event Reporting. Reporting financial totals on Membership Levels works fine unless you have Extra Charge options associated with the membership fields. There appears to be NO WAY to extract that info.

What we need to be able to do would look something like this:

Member "John"
        Level: Annual Membership $200
        Option: Masters $120
        Total: $320

Member "Julie"
        Level: Annual Membership $200
        Option: Juniors $ 80
        Total: $280

then on to...

Option totals summary:
        Masters (1 ea): $120
        Juniors (1 ea): $ 80

Without this, we are "flying blind". PayPal transfers a lump sum into our bank account from time to time, with zero distinction between various income streams. We need to know how many and how much our Masters and Juniors options contribute to those totals!

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

7 years this has been requested... come on WA, why is this not yet implemented?!

• Frederick A. Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to pull adhoc reports on membership numbers. For example, I would like to know how many members are brand new from date "x" to date "y". For the same period I would like to know how many of the members were renewals.

The purpose here is to figure out how well are we doing at promoting and getting new members as well as how were are we doing supporting current members, therefore, resulting in renewals.

• Kim Coffee-Isaak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need membership trend numbers not only for our board but for our funders. It is essential. I note this has been on the wish list since 2010. It's time.

What I would like to see is

-the ability to pull reports from past data on either a monthly, quarterly or annual basis
        -how many and when do we get new members
        -how many and when do members renew
        -how many members are lapsed

If we can put this info in an at a glance chart (via and excel sheet) would be invaluable. At a minimum please provide this option ASAP.

There are may other good ideas in the rest of the comments but having this info would make a HUGE difference in the work of membership organiazations.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would suggest for this question, that an advanced search for "Member Since" and choosing "Last Year" would give all of the new members for the previous year. This solution may satisfy the question.
        (This is different than the linked request below which is more of an accounting question)

• Michelle-VP of Membership MCCNE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking to have a year over year in the membership summary report. How many new members, how many that did not renew and how many have renewed. A comparison is very important for the success of a club. It is difficult to gauge a clubs progress without the year over year.

• Torie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if this is the right place to say that we need to capture member data from past points in time. How many members on this day two years ago and one year ago and now,e tc. Board terms are two years and change in the summer so we sometimes have a specific dates we would like to compare statistically.

• Judy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my voice to those requesting the ability to determine renewal and attrition rates. I do hope this upgrade in coming in 2017. For us, as our annual conference moves from continent to continent, we would very much like the ability to track how moving the conference has affected membership, but I'm unable to look back and see, for example, how many active members we had in 2014 vs today and where they were located.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base