Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Membership Trends Reporting

Retaining your membership is important to your organization. While Wild Apricot gives you the ability to do automatic renewals and send out reminders for non-automatic renewals, some have suggested that it would be handy to be able to report on this.

Suggested
Create the ability for administrators to be able to run reports on renewal rates for members.

The important thing for this is that we identify what information should be in the reports. At first blush, I can imagine:
* In a year, how many renewals were done before the renewal date, on the renewal date, and then certain days after renewal date (5 days after, 30 days after etc). This could be set up so that it gets the dates from the reminders that you've set up on your membership level.
* Attrition - How many members within a certain time period have not renewed or have been archived .

I'd love to hear what other information about your members renewal/membership status you'd like to be able to track and analyze.

101 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

anonymous_206.223.175.10anonymous_206.223.175.10 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • docjohndocjohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So 7 years after this was suggested, I still can't tell my board what our member retention rate is? So disappointing and the lack of simple reporting features like this is making us rethink staying on WA.

• DeanDean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The need to calculate renewal rates is absolutely critical for any serious membership organization. While I like WA's feature set in general, the lack of a renewal rate report is shocking. It's membership 101.

• Charles DaughdrillCharles Daughdrill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to run a report (or preferably to see on the dashboard) the number of members I have today. As it currently functions, I have to run a report of all members, sort by renewal date, and delete those who have not renewed in order to get an accurate number of my members today. This is burdensome and challenging at best. It is particularly difficult since I have a large database and the report does not run quickly. I need the info now. Is there a plan to add this functionality?

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

7 years this has been requested... come on WA, why is this not yet implemented?!

• Frederick A. WilsonFrederick A. Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to pull adhoc reports on membership numbers. For example, I would like to know how many members are brand new from date "x" to date "y". For the same period I would like to know how many of the members were renewals.

The purpose here is to figure out how well are we doing at promoting and getting new members as well as how were are we doing supporting current members, therefore, resulting in renewals.

• Kim Coffee-IsaakKim Coffee-Isaak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need membership trend numbers not only for our board but for our funders. It is essential. I note this has been on the wish list since 2010. It's time.

What I would like to see is

-the ability to pull reports from past data on either a monthly, quarterly or annual basis
        -how many and when do we get new members
        -how many and when do members renew
        -how many members are lapsed

If we can put this info in an at a glance chart (via and excel sheet) would be invaluable. At a minimum please provide this option ASAP.

There are may other good ideas in the rest of the comments but having this info would make a HUGE difference in the work of membership organiazations.

• Michelle-VP of Membership MCCNEMichelle-VP of Membership MCCNE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking to have a year over year in the membership summary report. How many new members, how many that did not renew and how many have renewed. A comparison is very important for the success of a club. It is difficult to gauge a clubs progress without the year over year.

• JudyJudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my voice to those requesting the ability to determine renewal and attrition rates. I do hope this upgrade in coming in 2017. For us, as our annual conference moves from continent to continent, we would very much like the ability to track how moving the conference has affected membership, but I'm unable to look back and see, for example, how many active members we had in 2014 vs today and where they were located.

• TabathaTabatha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also the ability to see or obtain reports on the renewal of members outside of looking at financials

• Walt BilofskyWalt Bilofsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted for this because we have a club initiative to be friendly to new members. We identify them on name badges, and it would be nice to be able to identify them in the directory too (which is beyond this wishlist item).

But can't you identify the new members with an Advanced search using Member since and Level last changed?

• fionafiona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A way to keep track of new members and members who switch status over the course of the year. Presently the new members are identified only until they pay then they blend in with all the rest if the members. We need to identify them for our annual report.

• Darren CrovitzDarren Crovitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. We have the same need: it would be nice to run membership reports that give us information about growth/change. Any movement on this?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently I'm trying to put a report together that will outline my retention and attrition rates year-on-year however this is complicated by the fact that not every member has the same renewal date or the same membership level. It would be most beneficial for a membership based organisation to know exactly how many members renewed in a specific time frame (say 12 months) and how many have left.

I hope WA is able to assist with this in the near future.

• RuthiRuthi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this as well, not just for information's sake but because we pay our parent organisation a fee based on how many active members we have on the 31st of March every year.

So far I haven't missed taking a screenshot on the day but...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a brilliant update, particularly when managing membership drives and when a Board is focussed on building membership.

• TorieTorie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! We have Honorary Lifetime members whose Renewal Due is "never." When the Board asked me how many members we had on a certain date, I searched on Renewal due on or after, but had to just count the Lifetime separately and add that to the total.

• Patrick MurphyPatrick Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability to get a "snapshot" of membership statistics (such as the Member List/Summary table) at any given date in the past since joining WildApricot. This would be very helpful in such things as "how has membership grown since certain dates in the past, or after our last three conferences". Right now I have to manually remember each December to take a snapshot of our member stats, and this would only give a year-to-year comparison.

• docjohndocjohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is anyone listening? This is a feature suggestion that's been asked for now for 5 YEARS and still no easy way to report on the very basics of membership:

- What is my organization's membership retention rate?

- How many 1 year members are renewing vs how many 5-year-old members are renewing? (e.g., are we losing newer members due to lack of engagement or such?)

- Let the report be organized by what's important to the organization: membership level, membership age

- Let the report be defined in user-chosen time periods:
        - Monthly
        - Quarterly
        - Annual
        - Since start of org/WildApricot
        - Custom time range

Please create this reporting option! Right now, I have to spend a long time running multiple custom queries to try and get this information from the system. It's a time-consuming and frustrating process.

Thank you.

• VirginiaVirginia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! I report monthly on our year-to-date retention. Currently, I have a excel file exported from our membership list. Once a month a manually check the list against those who have renewed to calculate our retention rate.

Sometimes I do it immediately, sometimes I save renewal notifications to admin, sometimes I search for the names in the db to see. I haven't yet found a system that consistently works well.

In my case, if the Membership Summary table had an additional column for "Renewed in Last" - 7 day / 30 days. I believe I would have all the quick data I need.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base