Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Polls

Current features:
Polls are not supported, an external polling tool (e.g. wufoo.com) must be used.

Desired feature:
Admins have the ability to create a polls that can be placed within a page.

96 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

anonymous_206.223.175.10anonymous_206.223.175.10 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    amyklemleyamyklemley shared a merged idea: A "Doodle Poll" Function  ·   · 
    mvp3986mvp3986 shared a merged idea: Polls and Surveys  ·   · 

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Diona NeeserDiona Neeser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would use this feature a well. We are in need of the ability to poll our members on various occasions as well as, we need to anonymously have our members vote for Executive Board candidates as well. Right now we are looking into an outside app to embed on the website so it would be great if this was part of the Wild Apricot features. - Diona N. (UAA)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this type of polls to create community to help determine which candidate is good or which thing is probably is the best.i think polls are helping many peoples around the world.if you want similar poll site u can visit here http://www.buyvotelikes.com/.it really helped me out..

• amyklemleyamyklemley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something akin to Doodle Poll that can appear on the home page or in the Members section. We need volunteers for all kinds of things every week. It would seem more professional to direct people to the site.

There are many potluck apps out there--I am not a fan of potlucks, but I believe lots of orgs have them, so a Wild Apricot "Doodle Poll" with a "Potluck Sign-up" option would be great.

• CVMG_webadminCVMG_webadmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice to collect the data, but please extend this item to include reporting of the data collected (graph/tabular, or maybe just export to Excel?).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a tool that we can use to conduct our annual board elections ASAP. Any suggestions?
        Linda

• mvp3986mvp3986 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to conduct polls and surveys without the need for implementing third party tools like Polldaddy. It is do-able but VERY, VERY cumbersome.

• Jessica D. Jester SaucedoJessica D. Jester Saucedo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I read many of these comments and agree with most everyone. From helping with voting or absentee voting for sure, to surveying our members for feedback, I think this is something WA should consider implementing that would benefit our association greatly.

• Ed TEd T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to a poll is a quiz which could be used as a powerful teaching tool. Those taking a quiz would also get to see the correct answer and get an idea on how they are doing by seeing how other's answered the question

• mvp3986mvp3986 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Association hit the jackpot when we found Wild Apricot a couple of years ago. It does so much and we are extremely pleased with all the many features. However, the Achilles Heel of Wild Apricot is the inability to conduct polls and surveys within it's platform without the necessity to incorporate third party programs like Polldaddy and Survey Monkey. This wishlist item would make a tremendous difference to our membership in terms of user friendliness of our W.A. website.

It would not only be a Home Run for Wild Apricot, but a total "walk-off" Grand Slam for the company. We respectfully request that W. A. develop and implement this capability.

• aebatty1aebatty1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[quote user="Apricot Kernel"]

I totally agree that polls are important getting members involved.

But creating a proper polling functionality in WA is not a small task to do. I believe that as a workaround some external systems can be used for now.

[/quote]

As a novice web designer/creator (and a board of others of less skill than I), a workaround really isn't an option for my organization. Especially not one that will look good, function well, and allow me to figure out how to do it along side my full time paid job and my part time non-paid board job, and my additional job as the one who manages the Website..

It may not be a small task, but this topic is many years old. Moving it toward the top of the list is important to us and sounds like also to others.

• BaderBader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally Agree. This is a must-to-do function, especially that it must utilize the database of members or potential voters. To increase validity and avoid bias, 2 or more secured password admins may be assigned to report results of voting, especially if external observers are needed.

Regards

• gpmarkbgpmarkb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Polls, voting, or surveys are really important. I have sites that have the feature and they really help promote site use by getting members involved. I'm only on WildApricot because one of the sites had technical problems. They had surveys and were my top choice until they couldn't fix the issues.

Integrated polls are really beneficial since you can integrate email messages and report results back to the membership. The key reason for having a website is to promote communication and planning. That's what this tool does. On one website that has members around the world the costs would have been prohibitive if surveys weren't available. Not only that, but the website usage soared.

My understanding is that it was not difficult to implement. The best one is very much like building the member fields with the ability to pose a question and then add fields under it primarily using buttons or multiple choices. Text fields are needed too for comments. The ability to have multiple questions is also important. Having multiple surveys that you can turn on and off like you do with events is also important. Must also have control so that only one response per individual is allowed; keeping track of who responds helps.

Reporting is not that hard. Exporting results is nice, particularly if you want to input data into an analysis program is desired. Summarization of results by questions and totals, and including comments, is needed. Charting is helpful. Being able to report results by individual internally is nice, being able to email results is really nice.

I see this feature as being critical.

• fishfish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voting is a fundamental necessity for any association and a requirement for non-profits. I imagine that a polling feature would cover voting and also be useful for many other types of member surveys.

As noted above, voting would need to be anonymous and votes limited to one per member. It would be useful if voting was capable of being restricted to member level (role).

• Jarren KinchJarren Kinch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will also add a request for an imbedded polling/survey that is tied to our membership database for elections and voting on proposed Bylaws or organizational directives. I'd like the ability to limit votes to one per eligible member (based on membership category and group status), and anonymize results.

Thanks!

Jarren Kinch

WSRID Webmaster

• BAWSC WebmasterBAWSC Webmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree .. adding the ability to conduct our annual officer elections directly in WA and/or conduct Polls of members is a much needed feature

• francisewfrancisew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an update to my previous response, it would be very convenient if voting were handled through WA.

There are lots of online voting systems, but they're not very convenient.

1. Most charge for the service

2. It's a hassle for users and administrators to piece together several different services

3. There can be technical issues with a lot of the online voting systems (like a lack of control of of how votes are tallied)

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7