Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Limit number of selection for individual registration options

Current behavior:
Automatic cap of event registrations is currently set for the whole event only.

Desired behavior:
Many people use custom event fields to handle registrations for specific sessions within large events. What's needed is the ability to specify for each option in such fields that it should be limited to certain number of people. Once the limit is reached, option should become unavailable.
An example:
Which extra sessions you want to attend?
[] Golf $150 - Max 30
[] strip club $100 - <No Max>
[] History museum $20 - Max 50

80 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    BonnieBonnie shared a merged idea: Ability to limit the number of each customized event specific field  ·   · 

57 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • aeroclubaeroclub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature, but what I'd REALLY like to see is an open source plug-in model (a.k.a Wordpress) so that we could all start bulding our own enhancements instead of having to wait for the company.

• BonnieBonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to place a limit on items that can be added to the event registration form where you can "Customize Event Specific Fields". We need to limit some of those because they cannot click on multiple registration types when registering.
        Example :

Tour of Facilities
        Yes - $15.00
        No - $0.00

• dave Meldrumdave Meldrum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We Could use this feature to get around the problem of disabling an Item. We have to give the caterer 10 days notice of the number of meals. So we could clamp down the maximum to stop people from selecting meals after the cutoff date.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We will move back to wild Apricot to manage our conference once this gets turned on. Now Wild Apricot just needs a easy to use speaker management system with assignable sessions.

• Joe at NSGPJoe at NSGP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely awesome! It solves many problems for us.
        Our conference is the first week of June and we start registering in March.
        I look forward to integrating this function into this years' event.
        Thanks!
        Joe DeAngelis
        Northeastern Society for Group Psychotherapy

• naisulanaisula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just want to add my thumbs up on getting this capability up & running. Bummed that it won't be until Jan 2016, but thanks for working on it.

• JennJenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a huge improvement for us. Due to this (and a few other big limitations), we have been researching other registration options. During our conference, we host tours and workshops with limits. With the inability to limit this on the registration form, I have to create an entire new event for tours and workshops so I can turn them off individually as limits are reached. This forces our attendees to have to register two to three times (their regular registration, a tour, and/or a workshop). This is VERY cumbersome for me to manage and for our attendees to deal with. Priority on this would be awesome!

• minisamminisam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the need to be able to limit specific items in the registration form. For instance, we use the form radio buttons to give members options to sign up for classes. Example:

Friday Night Classes:

A1 Make a dollhouse table ($40) Limit 10

A2 make a dollhouse chair by Sally Sue ($25) Limit: 12

A3 Construct a terrarium by Terri Tuttle ($55), Limit 5

It is hard to manage limits since we can't remove a radio option once it is full. Having the limits allows us to prevent over-selling those courses.

• Amon HoustonAmon Houston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same situation as you. It's very typical for events to have multiple workshops, and the fact this isn't in years later is rather crazy.

I've done a lot of researching into work arounds, and there is none. Right now in WA the solution is: 'tough it out'.

• knitmattersknitmatters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality is key to our conference set up an we've been struggling for the past 3 years on doing all of this manually. I would think that this would be common thing for many organizations and I hope it's priority picks up!

It was so bad this last year that board members are asking us to change from WA. I am hoping to explore some other options with WA (like making each class a separate event) and was wondering if anyone else has suggestions on a work around.

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No updates yet.

The order shows item priority in the roadmap - e.g. item is defined as important, by analysis and design has to be done before development. Development is working in order of priorities, but only with the items that are in dev queue.

Exceptions can happen though - sometimes, we can work on less important items due various to internal reasons.

Any update on this feature?

Again this would be amazing if it was implemented before October otherwise the event that is being held will be a super nightmare to manage due to the ability to over book rooms.

Also is the product road map ordering important? Because I see some that are at the analyzing phase above this feature which is set to Development Queue.

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand you frustration, but this is what we say on our Roadmap page: "For your convenience, we also provide our best guess regarding release dates, but note that these can change at any time". This is exactly what happened, I updated the status of the roadmap to reflect what is currently in development and the nearest sure plans.

I understand that this is important for you and a lot of other people and this is why this request is in Roadmap at all (comparing to other ~800, which are not). Still, there a number of other requests that have higher priority in our list, they sit longer in our queue, more customers requested them, etc.

We will get to this one as soon as it's time for it. I cannot promise any specific date.

Why has this feature been delayed? It was planned for an 07 release developing and now has no date and is in the development queue.

This is an important feature for Event management, and it's quite stupid that this is not in the event. How do you limit the amount of seats in a workshop with the current WA event management? You simply can't.

This thread was created EIGHT YEARS AGO. and still zero progress has been made, I choose Wild Apricot because it hit 70% of what I needed, i'm ok with dealing with the missing 30%. But this feature is an integral part for my business, and plenty others based on the comments. I have an event on the 16th of October and I need this to be implemented in the events.

It honestly blows my mind this still hasn't been implemented.

Is there an update on this feature?

This is a key part of an event happening on October, and I just want to make sure this will actually be completed before then the roadmap seems to show it will.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7