Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

RSVP with Guests

Thank you for implementing Simplified Event Registration - https://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8825605 . It's a great first step - but there are many other suggestions in that item that could not all be implemented right away. So I will start this wishlist item to capture my suggestion and others to come.

Could you please improve this feature by adding either a field for number of people, and/or checkboxes for each member if it is a bundle membership? These would be options in setting up the event.

Without this, or at least the option for a member to register more than once, the feature is not useful to us as is, because most of our registrations are for both of the members in a couple (bundle).

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Walt Bilofsky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to modify the number of days the link is available to use as registration. I would also suggest softening the language that refers to forwarding the email. A "Please" and no explanation point. The current language is not how I would address my members. And, a softer color than red would be appreciated. Though I understand the security issue, that is not the most important message in my email.

• Walt Bilofsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One easy way to simplify registration for ALL events would be to eliminate the initial email screen, where the member confirms their name and email address. This is an unnecessary speed bump for almost all member registrations.

Instead, they should go straight to the registration form. On that form, logged-in members could see a button "Use different name or email" to go back to the email screen.

And of course if they are not logged in, they still start with the email screen.

• jenymclean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing for a simple registration is probably our biggest issue. One step RSVP even with a paying registration, and the ability for a member to register and a guest register with a guest charge. That we would know if we had a quorum. I manually have to subtract the guests so I can figure out that detail.

• AdminTeam Events (Event Management, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The comments from the initial thread:
        Please allow the attendee to specify the number of people they are bringing. You might call this guests but it doesn't have to be so complicated as a registration (shouldn't be!). Most of our events are simple RSVPs but we need to know the total # coming as our members can bring children or family members. We want the RSVP to be super simple so people actually do it. But our event coordinators need to know how many people to plan for.

• Liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. The simple RSVP is great, except for the fact that it doesn't allow a guest count. We can't use it yet because of this. All of our free, simple events allow people to bring guests with them. We need to know the total number of people who will be attending, not just the number of members.

Feedback and Knowledge Base