Polls – for collecting member feedback and voting (e.g. elections)
Polls are not supported, an external tool must be used (e.g. wufoo.com)
The ability to create polls that can be sent to members
Hello, dear supporters!
We’re happy to announce that now the Polls feature is available for all our clients.
Thanks for participating in beta-testing, valuable comments, kind words and positive feedback!
We already created several threads based on your comments (more than 10!), you can find them by “poll” keyword: https://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist?query=poll
Have a great day!
CMS crew @ Wild Apricot
Roger Brooks commented
The currently available poll feature is quite rudimentary. Here are some suggestions for improvement, starting with the easiest and most important:
1. Support customizing the label of the "Other" button.
2. Support questions with free text answers.
3. Support questions with numerical (integer) answers within a pre-defined range.
4. Support all fields provide in other types of forms (e.g. user profile) on the Wild Apricot platform.
Can polls be anonymous to everyone, including administrators? I want a poll where people can respond knowing no one will be able to identify them- is that possible with WA polls??
Alex Sirota commented
Can poll results be anonymous?
Dmitry Fefilov commented
Karen, it is a part of "Poll details" system page, not the description.
There is should be shown a period of dates when poll is opened for voting.
But if poll is in Draft state and "Once published" has been chosen in "Access & settings" tab, then there is nothing to show after the word "Open".
Thanks for you comment.
Karen Wall commented
Is anyone else getting the word "Open" as the first line in the poll description? I support two organizations and it is happening on both sites. When I view the HTML the line with "Open" is not shown - it just starts with what I typed for description so I can't delete it.
I'd would also like the changes submitted by others:
From D. Lee - If/else logic to display a different set of questions based on an answer
From Robin - Would like to see an option to export results to a spreadsheet (XLS or CSV).
Admin - commented
This is a very good start. But in terms of integrating polls into an existing site:
1) I would love to have a widget (similar to the forum one) that can list all the open polls.
Basically the first time I published a poll I could not find it in the site... So none of my member would find it without me doing a little bit of tweaking for each poll to make a link to it visible on the site.
2) Being able to edit the poll or at least reuse an existing polls would be useful. (similar to emails)
3) Also like in forum, allowing members to be notified when a new poll is published.
Robin Sapiro commented
So prefer this in some ways to using Survey Monkey, but does have some limitations.
1. Would like to see an option to export results to a spreadsheet (XLS or CSV).
2. Would like to see an option to make poll/survey accessible to the public (ie no sign on required). There are definitely times where you would want to allow members to respond anonymously (no sign on required).
3. Related to 2 above - remove (or allow removal) of the text that says your login details have been recorded.
4. Have a Poll Gadget to add to web pages. Gadget should list all open Polls that are either Public or that logged on user is authorized to. For users that are not logged on (ie Public) - restricted polls should be shown but not selectable. There should be wording indicating that these Polls require login to access
Gregg Heggeland commented
I would like to be a beta tester, as we have an election coming up. I couldn't find this under the member tab. Could someone able to help?
Darrick Lee commented
Good start. In addition to the above listed future functions:
- should be able to edit the poll once it's published. This helps make corrections without having to create a whole new poll.
- Ability to add a text box before a question to link to a picture or discuss something. The following question might be a Yes/No question. Useful for asking opnions on which option they prefer. (ie logo design, or menu selection, etc)
- Access controls for restricting access to results (think of an election scenario)
- have a gadget to show the responses in a fun graph or chart. For fun polls to show useful results.
- If/else logic to display a different set of questions based one an answer
- be able to break up the poll into multiple pages. useful for mobile apps and allowing users to save their response before continuing.
- Allow users to upload files.
Thanks and keep up the work good work.
Should have mentioned... I would prefer the Save and Cancel buttons be moved to the top of the poll creation/edit pages like other pages. Perhaps we should have a poll to see what others think ;-)
I've played with it a little. This will be great for our club. I'm having one weird thing happening though. When I preview or publish the poll I'm getting the word "Open" above what I typed for the description. It might be an unmatched html tag (??) Other than that - no problems.
Cindy Cooper commented
Thank you! We've tested it and it's working. Also appreciate the note on improvements planned as those are needed too :)
Veronica Scheer commented
Our organization is regulated by the rules of the American Kennel Club and we cannot use the Apricot voting system. We are required to have balloting conducted by an independent organization which specializes in electronic balloting such as Balloteer. And the number of votes vary by membership types. For general membership questions this could be a useful tool for our group.
Our organization would like to be apart of the beta testing if possible.
keep us updated. Would like to try it out in May.
Daniel Jonke commented
My organization would also love to be part of the beta testing. Please let me know how to volunteer.
I would like to be part of the Beta Testing. We have an election coming up in late April!
Thomas Van Bruggen commented
How can we become part of the Beta Testing? I have an election in May/June that we could potentially use this on if it is stable enough. Thanks.
ASCET Office commented
A big thumbs-up on this feature! Looking forward to using it once it is released.