Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Customizable "reply-to" field for membership email templates

Our organization has a membership secretary who is in charge of, unsurprisingly, all things membership. One thing that would be really helpful for us is to be able to change the reply-to e-mail for membership-related messages so that new members can reply to her, rather than to the default organizer (me). I'm the treasurer and responsible for the money and for making sure our systems are set up, but I don't want to get all the member sign-up emails.

Wild Apricot already has this feature for events, which is fabulous - I'm hoping that it can happen for membership, too!

Thanks,

Amy

10 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

donahueadonahuea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is ridiculous that all email replies are sent to the default webmaster. He is overburdened with emails. Membership related emails should be sent to the membership Secretary.

• Walt BilofskyWalt Bilofsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1.

From Email and Contact Email fields should be specifiable for every WA-generated type of email, including membership notifications.

The email recipient should feel they are getting the email from a role-specific person. It's hard to get people to open emails. Every bit of personalization helps.

The webmaster should not be loaded down with the job of handling and routing all replies.

• SNCBarbaraSNCBarbara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Request: Have the ability to define a Reply To email for the automatic membership renewal emails.

How it works now: On the organization page, there are fields for From Email and Contact Email. But these apply to all automatic renewal emails unless changed.

How I'd like it to work: I'd like it to work just like it does on an email blast, where I can specify the Reply to email uniquely as I create a new email.

Benefit: Like most organizations, we have different people responsible for different tasks. We'd like any replies to, say, for example, a renewal reminder, to go to our membership chair, not to the webmaster whose name is on the original message.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7