Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Add Option of Recurring Payments for Events

I work with an organization that holds an annual conference with a cost of ~$400.

To make it more affordable to some of the members, they have an option to do multi-pays/recurring payments.

The organization currently has a problem of multiple databases (one for purchases, one for membership, one for forums, one for email blasts, one for the conference), and was really looking forward to consolidating under Wild Apricot.

To my surprise, recurring payments only apply to membership.

Is there another option that I have missed? We use Authorize.net, and do have CIM.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stephanie ShawStephanie Shaw shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Roberta DavisRoberta Davis shared a merged idea: Multiple payments for an event made simpler  ·   · 

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GicalgaryGicalgary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our community association runs a preschool program, and the tuition is paid monthly. A recurring payment on an event (a preschool class) would be great.

• Roberta DavisRoberta Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple payments for events without having to complete address, phone and other data fields. Current behavior: event participants complete the data fields for their contact info when they register for an event. Some of our events cost so much money that we want to allow multiple monthly payments. It is not necessary for the participant to re-enter their contact info when making subsequent payments. Please streamline this process.

• Aliina LahtiAliina Lahti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My org also has the need for multi-pays/recurring payments to enable low income families to pay for a year long program or event.
        Thanks,
        Aliina

• BrionyBriony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wondering if anyone could help me with a solution to this problem in my previous post re selling webinar subscriptions?

I'm being hassled to present a solution that involves paypal subscription payment solution but as this isn't integrated with Wild Apricot I'm at a bit of a loss and can't think of a work around that will still use Wild Apricot.

Would love to be able to present a solution - anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Briony

• Kerrie-AnneKerrie-Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My requirement is a little different in that an event with a high price tag might warrant part payments (similar to how some of those tv shopping websites work)

User registers for an event, choose to pay in full or opts for part payments (this could easily be managed by different registration types)

For part payments, number of payments will have been pre-set in the system (eg 3 monthly installments) and the user then pays only the first installment and will be automatically billed for the remainder until the payment is complete.

The last time I did this I had to generate each invoice manually, which meant I had a whole bunch of invoices floating about with no link back to the original event - made for a bit of a nightmare accounting wise!

• BrionyBriony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The organisation I work for currently sells monthly webinar subscriptions with invoicing and payments currently being managed outside Wild Apricot.

Given Paypal will manage recurring payments, the Board were hoping they could easily bring webinar subscriptions into Wild apricot too but I can't see a way that this could be set up.

The pricing structure is such that by purchasing a 12 month subscription - charged monthly - they receive a discount on the 'pay per webinar' price.

Also, the process is automated so they can select which plan they want and then each month they are charged the fee automatically without anyone having to go in and 'click a button'...

it's only when someone wants to cancel their subscription that we manually have to log into the payment gateway and cancel the subscription.

many thanks,

Briony

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interesting, this has never come up before.

Can you elaborate how exactly are you usually using recurring payments for events? How many payments/amounts etc.

• Kerrie-AnneKerrie-Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a requirement for this too. Recently added an event with part payments and have quickly discovered that managing this through manual invoicing is not as easy as I'd hoped.

Surely it would take much given that you can set up subscription profiles in PayPal to be for a number of payments, not just a period...

cheers

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7