Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Change Checkboxes for fields with Radio choice in Advanced Search - e.g. Membership level or Status

Hi guys,

I love the advanced search feature, with one exception. The "Radio Buttons" field should be searchable like a checkbox field is. This is the search for a radio button field:

Whereas the checkbox search looks like this:

I think they should have essentially the same options. There are some questions that I do not want members to have the option to choose multiples of - for example region. They can only live in one region, so I do not want them choosing 3-4 regions.

However, I'd like to be able to run a search for those who are NOT in ANY region, and so forth. The checkbox search is far more functional than the radio button search.

Thanks in advance for your help.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

NathanNathan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Cody AndersonCody Anderson shared a merged idea: "Any of selected" option for membership level search criteria  ·   · 
    Cody AndersonCody Anderson shared a merged idea: Allow multiple selections on Advanced search for Membership Level and Status  ·   · 
    BonnieBonnie shared a merged idea: Advanced Search Options  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cody AndersonCody Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have six different membership levels. Frequently, we only want to export the member list for certain, but multiple, membership levels, or to send out emails to certain, but multiple, membership levels. To do so now, we have to run multiple searches/exports, and combine them into a single spreadsheet (for exports) or select multiple saved searches (for emails).

We would love an "any of selected" option added to the existing membership level search criteria of "is/is not/any" to save us the work of combining or selecting multiple lists. Thank you!

• BonnieBonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow for the Advanced Search to select multiple member types that you want rather than eliminating those that you don't want in the "Is Not " drop down menu. We have more that we don't want in most cases. It is time consuming to select the types you don't want.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7