Text (SMS) communications with attendees, members, etc.
I did not see this on the wishlist in the list of 339, unless i missed it :).
SMS (text) notication option would be great to have as alot of our members use texting on their phones. Email works good too but push text woould be great to have as an option for communication. Thanks.
After initial analysis we decided to remove this feature from 2017 plans. Right now we don’t have clear understanding when this feature will be taken into development.
Kathy Robisch commented
We would like to have a way to easily text event registrants directly, without having to import a list to our individual computers and looking up the numbers.
Sharon Heywood commented
Would love to send text reminders or updates to event attendees
Hello, thank you this service looks great.
Am I correct that it is only for US & canada?
If so do you know if there are any plans to become international?
🥳 Hello everyone,
I am pleased to announce a new service Member Signal: text messaging for Wild Apricot.
This service can help if you want to:
- Reach those contacts, who do not open emails
- Send urgent notification to event attendees
- Remind about upcoming membership renewals
Close integration with Wild Apricot makes it extremely easy to choose the right audience: newsletter non-openers, or specific membership level, or saved search.
Interested? Learn more here: https://membersignal.com
RWTA Admin commented
Just had a request to set this up for our members for event announcements & reminders. Any update?
We would love to have SMS messaging capability available. Thanks for considering!
We would love to have this capability. It's definitely a growing need as we use our phone to navigate through our daily lives.
Lacy A. commented
We would like to use SMS texting as another touchpoint with our new, potential and existing members.
I have not purchased this product yet and the lacking Text/Chat/Message/SMS feature in the mobile app is the missing piece to the puzzle.
This is intended to be a one-stop-shop service for businesses and organizations and it's missing the most common form of electronic communication used by the world!
When you have it, you have a sale!
What I would like to see:
- Ability to send a message from one user to another and,
- Ability to create groups which could be selected from the member list or by a designated title/position/admin ranking.
- GIF, photo, video, link, file and emoji compatible or incompatible based on group creator controls (some groups may not want the chaos of those additions and may want it text-only).
- Ability to access this communication feature through the desktop version as well in the same manner that Messenger can be used from the desktop or a mobile device.
- Video calling would be the cherry on top if it had a group meeting feature, otherwise, a one-on-one video calling feature isn't of much use to our organization.
- And preferably, add admin controls in the profile permissions as to who can use chat and who cant.
I would be happy to move forward with purchasing this product once this was at least underway with enough progress that a rough ETA for release was available. Thank you!
Gillian Schair commented
My members would very much like reminders sent via SMS.
BSCAA QLD commented
We would like to be able to send an SMS to members, individually from the Member contact page, after we have phoned them. We have the email system sending automated reminder emails, but when the membership changes to lapsed we call them, often this call goes to voicemail, and we would like to support the call with a quick SMS. Many of our members don’t have time to sit down and read emails till late at the end of the day, after our office hours are closed. Is this a possibility.
Bernard Charles commented
PERHAPS this can just be a push notification feature?
Karen Mazowiecki commented
Is this in Wild Apricot’s radar? This was requested close to 10 years ago with the last admin comment two years ago. Current enhancements have far fewer votes than this one. Also, I think there’s a few more wishlist items that might belong here as well, if you search for ‘text message’.
Steve Smith commented
This is a feature that should be reconsidered.
Bob Von Der Linn commented
SMS messaging is essential. We are struggling to reach younger professionals who do not use email, and we find the corporate security systems are tighter than ever and blocking bulk emails.
Nasrullah Khan commented
I was wondering if you can develop a text message reminder for membership and other announcement. Thanks
Linda Tillman commented
Member Planet has a feature through which all members of the org. or all registrants for an event can be sent a text to their phones. I wish WA included that feature.
I've had such issues with SMS ...
BSCAA QLD commented
We would really like the option of sending SMS - bulk and manual individual ones to our members. We are finding less and less emails are being responded to, even though they are delivered and opened - they aren't actioned. Our office is virtual, so we use a cloud based phone system, that doesn't allow for SMS. Sometimes when you ring a member, and get their voicemail, it would be great if I could then send them a quick SMS to say why I was calling.
Jim Sprandel commented
Is Wild Apricot considering the following feature:
- WHen I have an event, I can e-mail all registrants. WOuld be possible to have an option to Text all registrants ? Most of out mrmber have active smart phone and texting is the only way to contact them quickly en masse.