Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

SMS communications

I did not see this on the wishlist in the list of 339, unless i missed it :).

SMS (text) notication option would be great to have as alot of our members use texting on their phones. Email works good too but push text woould be great to have as an option for communication. Thanks.

66 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PureVrilPureVril shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Joe CollinsJoe Collins shared a merged idea: SMS  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: moblie texting  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Use text messages to replace email or in addition to email  ·   · 
    dwatanabedwatanabe shared a merged idea: text people who register for an event for last minute changes.  ·   · 
    Jessica D. Jester SaucedoJessica D. Jester Saucedo shared a merged idea: allow us to send a telephone call blast to notify members on short notice.  ·   · 

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jon HartJon Hart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be glad to see this show up as a notification in the WA mobile app.

It would need to trigger a obvious notification (sound, vibrate, visual, slap on the head).

• JimFJimF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our need is similar to some of the others, but in a nutshell being able to send an SMS to Event Registrants would greatly enhance our ability to contact them with changes to the Events. For example, if we have to cancel a practice due to weather, some folks might already be in their car on the way to that practice. An SMS can reach them on their phone, whereas an email might not (not all phones have LTE data plans!).

• Jon HartJon Hart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SMS would be a nice addition to email however with the growing number of smart phones in our member base, SMS is really more of a nice to have option. Cost would be an important factor as our club would not want to eat any per message charges given that email is free.

• Jen MahanJen Mahan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need an SMS communications feature as well. I would gladly pay separately as an add-on to our existing contract. The sooner, the better.

• TrishaTrisha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to quickly text people of changes that occur last minute would be an awesome thing! I know more people read/look at texts than they answer the phone.

• LindaMiLindaMi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I run a homeowners association and would use text messaging to provide updates to residents during an emergency, like an earthquake, other disaster, or power outage.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SMS is vital to the administration of our member benefits. Unfortunately we will have to change our Membership Management provider if this capability cannot be added in the very near future. Text messaging is the preferred method of communication between individuals and is the best way for us to communicate with members. Email is good but texting is better. Please advise

• Karl HakkarainenKarl Hakkarainen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be willing to pay for an SMS service on a per-message or package plan.
        We have a number of instances where we need to contact our membership on short notice. Email is ok, but SMS or some other instant messaging service is faster and more reliable. I'd guess that more than half of our membership would like to receive a limited set of communications via text. A common use case is cancellation of an event because of weather.

• Anilyn BaduaAnilyn Badua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, as I work in medical office, communicating for me is very important to contact my patients.
        I handle also my small business and need to update time to time on my clients and staff.
        Then I my friend created BizzBuzzer, is a web based sms app that let me send a messages to any mobile phones through online using my desktop.
        I don't always have my mobile with me so I really need to focus on my duties on my computer.
        It will notifies me with a beep whenever they respond on my computer as well.
        My work and business became more efficiently and less hassle now.

• Gavin FoleyGavin Foley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a brilliant idea in my opinion. Im sure those who want the option would be happy to stump up the cash if they wanted to use it and those who didnt could stay as normal

• Joe CollinsJoe Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An SMS notification mechanism that would allow participants to subscribe to a particular event and be notified by text message of last minute changes to the details of an event.

• behiribehiri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look at Remind.com...Free website and App for teachers to SMS classes...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As the world moves to mobile interfaces, add texting in addtion to or as an option to email.

• VictorVictor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If there was a separate package exclusively for SMS, anyone who would want to have it would just have to add it to their current plan and you could add an additional cost for every text that went over their amount. Ex: 1,000 outgoing text, free incoming (most text providers have) for $$$$ and .$$$$ for additional text sent. Do not include in the original pricing as for other customers that don't need it.

• RobinRobin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great option to have - both the sending of a voice file to a phone as a bulk dialler. Ideally customized with the members name and the ability to send a merged SMS text. Great for last minute reminders of events etc. Should use a similar interface to the current email blast interface (macros).

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My HOA has a system like this. It allows them to send out routine and emergency messages. The users get to select from email, voice telephone, and SMS communication for different types of alerts.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7