Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

SMS communications

I did not see this on the wishlist in the list of 339, unless i missed it :).

SMS (text) notication option would be great to have as alot of our members use texting on their phones. Email works good too but push text woould be great to have as an option for communication. Thanks.

206 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PureVril shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature. When someone signs up for an event, they should be able to opt into text message notifications. If there’s a last minute change in venue, parking, weather cancellations or any other unplanned happening, it can make the difference in controlled chaos or disaster. Sure, we can buy an external service then figure out how to get the info over, then manage all the changes, but it would be so much better to offer this as an additional service. Please reconsider.

• Debborah Kerr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there are lots of service providers that can be used, instead of embedding this feature within Wild Apricot.

• Cristina Merino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to send SNS messages to members, for example brief event reminders or last minute changes to venues, etc

• Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Possible simple method of doing this would be to to route the SMS through a service such as Message Bird. Message Bird as well as providing a web based interface also supports the sending of an email to 14161231234@sms.messagebird.com or group@sms.messagebird.com

Yes, you would have to have a Message Bird account - but cost of messages - per 160 characters is about $0.01

• Nate Flynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must-have. For events and also for membership renewals. Unfortunately when emails bounce or get filtered to spam, members don't receive notifications. This would be a great alternative to make sure all communications are going through.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Organizations with large groups will benefit from this service as reminders or last minute changes can be sent quickly...and be seen. While many users have emails on their phones, they may not check it in a timely manner if something urgent comes up that they should be notified about. Most major competitors offer this feature. WA by not adding this will begin to lose members to these competitors. WA has many great features, however this one missing feature will eventually lead to members leaving.
        ADD SMS SOON PLEASE.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, when we decided to use Wild Apricot about a year ago, we were told that sms was a feature that would be coming soon. Is it? Our members, are complaining more and more that we don’t sent our messages via text. Can you give us an update?

• Donna Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was approached by a competitor, and when checking out their features they had smart text messaging. I urge Wild Apricot not to lag behind in features

• Sameer Gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we really need sms communication options with our members. please let us know when this feature will be taken into development.

• Eric Griggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using the membership files, allow administrators to send text messages as meeting or event reminders.

• Marie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am so disappointed to learn the plans for SMS have been scraped. We were looking quite forward to implementing this with our membership.

• Greggory Follett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Email is a great second option to the more immediate solution of texting. A push text option where membership rosters can be notified is a valuable asset when supporting neighborhood watch, event reminders, or emergency alerts. Errors and omissions can be reduced adding efficiency and accuracy to member services. Email is a lot more clumsy and spotty for the receiver adding delays to urgent matters. Eliminating multiple platforms is the philosophy that attracted me to Wild Apricot as a membership manager. The lack of this option may cause me to look for other software options. Every organization wants to be where members are located and SMS is the place.

• Jason Freshly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I'm not looking for an SMS platform from W.A. necessarily, but does anyone have a system in place that is semi/fully automated and integrated? I'm looking for what others might have in place. We are looking to incorporate text marketing either before the end of the year or early 2018

• Don Duvall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are working with a customer integrating our MMS & SMS services, and expect to have the prototype completed by end of July. If you are interested in our implementation let me know.

• Al Dewar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our membership have previously used an internet based, mass communication platform (Viber) to quickly notify participants about short notice changes to events. This has necessitated the maintenance of two separate databases which is prone to errors and omissions. Having the ability to use a singe, user maintained database for a SMS service is of high importance to us and would greatly enhance our communications

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base