365 votesWork in progress · AdminKatya Tyukina (Director of Product Management, Wild Apricot by Personify) responded
Hello, thanks for the feedback and support of this idea.
We’re currently working on the text messaging service connected with your Wild Apricot account.
The new service will allow you to send the text message to the specific contact or send the campaign to the group of contacts. It will cover the typical scenarios like reminders for members, updates for event attendees, follow-ups with email non-openers, etc.
We’re going to start providing the service for customers in US and Canada and later consider other countries, like AU and UK.
More updates to come soon! Thanks again for your support!
An error occurred while saving the commentAnonymous commented
I have not purchased this product yet and the lacking Text/Chat/Message/SMS feature in the mobile app is the missing piece to the puzzle.
This is intended to be a one-stop-shop service for businesses and organizations and it's missing the most common form of electronic communication used by the world!
When you have it, you have a sale!
What I would like to see:
- Ability to send a message from one user to another and,
- Ability to create groups which could be selected from the member list or by a designated title/position/admin ranking.
- GIF, photo, video, link, file and emoji compatible or incompatible based on group creator controls (some groups may not want the chaos of those additions and may want it text-only).
- Ability to access this communication feature through the desktop version as well in the same manner that Messenger can be used from the desktop or a mobile device.
- Video calling would be the cherry on top if it had a group meeting feature, otherwise, a one-on-one video calling feature isn't of much use to our organization.
- And preferably, add admin controls in the profile permissions as to who can use chat and who cant.
I would be happy to move forward with purchasing this product once this was at least underway with enough progress that a rough ETA for release was available. Thank you!Anonymous supported this idea ·