Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Membership Trends Reporting

Retaining your membership is important to your organization. While Wild Apricot gives you the ability to do automatic renewals and send out reminders for non-automatic renewals, some have suggested that it would be handy to be able to report on this.

Suggested
Create the ability for administrators to be able to run reports on renewal rates for members.

The important thing for this is that we identify what information should be in the reports. At first blush, I can imagine:
* In a year, how many renewals were done before the renewal date, on the renewal date, and then certain days after renewal date (5 days after, 30 days after etc). This could be set up so that it gets the dates from the reminders that you've set up on your membership level.
* Attrition - How many members within a certain time period have not renewed or have been archived .

I'd love to hear what other information about your members renewal/membership status you'd like to be able to track and analyze.

262 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

anonymous_206.223.175.10 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

113 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tabatha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also the ability to see or obtain reports on the renewal of members outside of looking at financials

• Walt Bilofsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted for this because we have a club initiative to be friendly to new members. We identify them on name badges, and it would be nice to be able to identify them in the directory too (which is beyond this wishlist item).

But can't you identify the new members with an Advanced search using Member since and Level last changed?

• fiona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A way to keep track of new members and members who switch status over the course of the year. Presently the new members are identified only until they pay then they blend in with all the rest if the members. We need to identify them for our annual report.

• Larry Killer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is where I need to place my wishlist request. I need to generate a report that details membership numbers (by membership level) each month. I need to also be able to query the data to retrieve this data from months past. As an example, I need to know how many members we had at each level, by month, starting July 2015 and working forward.
    Having a report like that would help me tremendously.

• bary@barylaw.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be helpful too for grant applications that ask for membership data as of a particular point in time (usually requested in conjunction with current figures)

• Brandon Longley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great for Wild Apricot to be able to indicate the number of years someone has been a member without having to use a manual workaround. I think it should be able to count the number of times someone has renewed and produce a count. This count would also need to be able to be manually adjusted to reflect an initial number for members who have been a member for a number of years before Wild Apricot was introduced. It is great to be able to easily recognize how many individual years a member has provided support at a glance, helps to improve communications especially while talking over the phone.

• Darren Crovitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. We have the same need: it would be nice to run membership reports that give us information about growth/change. Any movement on this?

• Chris Tworek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to see a basic functionality that allows sorting and querying the membership data base within WA and then allowing either exporting or printing the results rather than exporting the total database.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently I'm trying to put a report together that will outline my retention and attrition rates year-on-year however this is complicated by the fact that not every member has the same renewal date or the same membership level. It would be most beneficial for a membership based organisation to know exactly how many members renewed in a specific time frame (say 12 months) and how many have left.

I hope WA is able to assist with this in the near future.

• Ruthi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this as well, not just for information's sake but because we pay our parent organisation a fee based on how many active members we have on the 31st of March every year.

So far I haven't missed taking a screenshot on the day but...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a brilliant update, particularly when managing membership drives and when a Board is focussed on building membership.

• Torie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! We have Honorary Lifetime members whose Renewal Due is "never." When the Board asked me how many members we had on a certain date, I searched on Renewal due on or after, but had to just count the Lifetime separately and add that to the total.

• Patrick Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability to get a "snapshot" of membership statistics (such as the Member List/Summary table) at any given date in the past since joining WildApricot. This would be very helpful in such things as "how has membership grown since certain dates in the past, or after our last three conferences". Right now I have to manually remember each December to take a snapshot of our member stats, and this would only give a year-to-year comparison.

• docjohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is anyone listening? This is a feature suggestion that's been asked for now for 5 YEARS and still no easy way to report on the very basics of membership:

- What is my organization's membership retention rate?

- How many 1 year members are renewing vs how many 5-year-old members are renewing? (e.g., are we losing newer members due to lack of engagement or such?)

- Let the report be organized by what's important to the organization: membership level, membership age

- Let the report be defined in user-chosen time periods:
    - Monthly
    - Quarterly
    - Annual
    - Since start of org/WildApricot
    - Custom time range

Please create this reporting option! Right now, I have to spend a long time running multiple custom queries to try and get this information from the system. It's a time-consuming and frustrating process.

Thank you.

• Virginia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! I report monthly on our year-to-date retention. Currently, I have a excel file exported from our membership list. Once a month a manually check the list against those who have renewed to calculate our retention rate.

Sometimes I do it immediately, sometimes I save renewal notifications to admin, sometimes I search for the names in the db to see. I haven't yet found a system that consistently works well.

In my case, if the Membership Summary table had an additional column for "Renewed in Last" - 7 day / 30 days. I believe I would have all the quick data I need.

• jenpen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our membership officer worked it out. She did an advanced search for "paid on or before June 30th 2014". It seemed like the right thing - because we only launched in May.

But we only have financial memberships so perhaps your idea is better? What do you mean "work backwards from there"?

Feedback and Knowledge Base