Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Recurring donations

Current behavior:
Wild Apricot only supports one-time donations.

Workaround

Use Membership application form since it is possible to setup a membership level like 'regular donor' with automatic recurring payments.

Desired behavior:
Support recurring donations directly.

85 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carole MaurerCarole Maurer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I tried to test the recurring donations feature when I had time in the evening, there wasn't a time available that day and I didn't realize I should have clicked on another day. When I tried the next day, again no time was available. I'm on the pacific coast. Maybe that's the problem. Now, there are no times left to test the new feature. Have I lost my chance? Is testing complete now?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't come soon enough. This is a critical capability that most if not all non-profits need. When can we expect an update?

• KirstenKirsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are actively looking into switching to a different database that offers monthly recurring donations. Unfortunately not having this feature severely hampers our ability to fundraise. I would urge you to make the development of a monthly donation feature a top priority. I just sent a message to the support team and was told there is no timeline for this feature, yet in the comments I see that in March you were going to a) add this functionality this year and b) post updates about it, neither of which has happened. I'm sad about it because otherwise WA is really helpful for us.

The proposed workaround does not work for us as we have annual memberships.

• Carole MaurerCarole Maurer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our membership base is growing and is asking for how to set up recurring donations. Please implement this feature soon! Thank you.

• Team PaymentsAdminTeam Payments (Payments and Finances features, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Nancy, @ Becky, thanks for adding your comments.

Indeed, Donations module is something that lacked improvements recently, and we are going to change the situation soon. This includes adding recurring donations during this year.

We'll keep you posted on updates in this thread.

Thanks,
        Oleg, Product Designer @ Wild Apricot.

• Nancy ScanlanNancy Scanlan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently not using Wild Apricot for our Foundation because we are turning into a bigger fundraising organization which needs to look professional. So we are using Network For Good's form, which has recurring donations as option plus excellent Paypal integration, passing all the information we collect on the form. When we started with Wild Apricot we liked the membership part and excellent database, and were expecting the donation part would follow soon. Since it did not, the Foundation part of our organization could not continue with WA. So sad about this.

• Becky ParsonsBecky Parsons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So surprising that this need was communicated NINE years ago. Over those 9 years greater numbers of people expect the functionality to set up recurring payments for paying bills - and for making donations.

Without this functionality we non-profit organizations are spending more and more of our time asking for donations, and less of our time carrying out our mission!

In 2017 it is more critical than ever to have this ability! I strongly agree with one of the posters that the suggested workaround by setting up a donor membership level is not acceptable.

Please give us the ability to set up professional and appealing recurring donations!

• Andy PetersonAndy Peterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add my vote that you add functionality for recurring donations. I'd like to be able to define the interval like is available for recurring membership. We are trying to shift our focus (and many nonprofits are) away from "membership" and more toward "donors" so this is a really important feature that is needed.

• QueticoQuetico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recurring donations is a feature we're being asked more and more about from our stakeholders. It's a particularly useful option for non-profit organizations who are depend on donations to deliver programs. It is also a way to engage younger members by allowing smaller donations on regular intervals.

• Joseph W HessJoseph W Hess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add recurring donations soon. It is an important feature for non-profits and is becoming a standard feature on most payment websites.

• GailGail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the suggested workaround of creating a membership level that includes a donation. For one thing, that records the donation as membership dues rather than a donation, which would be confusing to members since it wouldn't show up as a donation under their Payments record in their profile. It would also be confusing to have two ways of making a donation - one via the donation page/gadget and one via membership level chosen.

The donation gadget is otherwise great but please add functionality for recurring donations!!

• tbadertbader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability for donors to set up automatic recurring giving. A function where they choose the amount they'd like to give each month and can set it up to automatically do so.

• Alice O'Leary-RandallAlice O'Leary-Randall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have read some of the thread here and find myself dismayed to learn that there does not seem to be a viable way to set-up the recurring payment. The points made by previous posters tell it all and I will not beat a dead horse. I simply add my vote to the imperative addition of this service for subscribers. Our growth rate is demanding something like this and "next year" is disheartening.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such a basic fundraising capability, amazing that it is still unavailable and losing us all so much in potential donations.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base