Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Online store

Current features:
Items can only be sold if they are part of a membership application, event registration, manual invoice or donation.

Desired features:
Create a store of items that can be purchased individually or collectively (e.g. shopping cart)

167 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fred MooreFred Moore shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Cam BurgessCam Burgess shared a merged idea: Merchandise page  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Wild Apricot needs ecommerce shopping cart to sell products to members  ·   · 
    Jeanne HuberJeanne Huber shared a merged idea: Add product sales  ·   · 
    CustomerserviceCustomerservice shared a merged idea: Add option for members to purchase items  ·   · 
    andrewdbuttandrewdbutt shared a merged idea: on-line store  ·   · 
    Andrew BorowiecAndrew Borowiec shared a merged idea: sell content to non-members  ·   · 

134 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephen WhiteStephen White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An online store for logo'd goods would be great to incorporate. We would want pricing per item, sizing options so a user can select, shopping cart, some type of inventory management and payment to the club capabilities.

On the inventory mgmt, we would have to supply some data on sizes available and a quantity. The system should be able to keep an accurate count based on what is ordered and potentially let us know when something is 'low'. Maybe a report on inventory could be created. We would be willing to help with use case and requirements as well as alpha/beta test.

• TabathaTabatha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like this option. I am currently loosing money because I can't sell product with out making it a hassle for my customers to go through a separate site. I would be willing to pay a few extra dollars a month to have the added on feature. I would have to pay 10-15 a month now to add an embedded store. But my invoices wouldn't all be in the same place.

• Brian MastersBrian Masters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to sell a few logo'd items like polo and rugby shirts. This function would be very useful.

• MBOMBO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A store gadget would help us sell one-of items like an exhibitor table or advertisement space in our conference programs as well as the other organization merch others have mentioned.

• Cam BurgessCam Burgess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see a very simple e-commerce ability so that clubs can sell a small range of merchandise items, e.g. coffee mugs, lapel pins, etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having an ecommerce section in Wild Apricot would be huge and very valuable for many associations. Please keep us updated as to when this would happen!

• CGMCGM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does an online store have to have its own dedicated tab? Can it be shared on a webpage with half text and images and an online store on the bottom half of the page?

• DialloDiallo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Making the online store as marketplace where other members can also sell the there products and services will take WA to a new level.

Member could be charge a percentage of the sold product or member can be allowed to sell based on there membership.

This will be a game changer feature to have on WA.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You really need your own ecommerce built in. The Ecwid is nice, but reporting etc is horrible. Actually impacting our overall decision.

• Karl-NCIAKarl-NCIA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an awesome addition, we actually run our complete Account Receivable through WA and would appreciate not having to manually enter these sales in manually.

• Jeanne HuberJeanne Huber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a way to create product sales through wild Apricot -- without a cumbersome workaround. We have roadblocks because PayPal uses a single IPN and we have that linked to Wild Apricot.

• BeardoBeardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One more thought: The shop should have capability for both physical and digital products.

Talking about digital products, it could work along the new file permission system, so that you can download certain files only after purchasing them.

• groovamaticgroovamatic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When this does make it to development, we would like to see the ability to create many associate fields. For example, for gifting a purchase (membership OR merchandise) to a third party, we need to collect full mailing address and email. We would like to be able to make additional custom fields as well.

Also, since one of our services/products is the submission of essays for possible publication, we would like to use a store to sell an existing member a second (third, fourth) submission of new essays for consideration after their initial submission. For this we would need to collect essay title, teacher of course, etc. as well as using the future file upload capability.

• CustomerserviceCustomerservice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow members to purchase items. For instance, I would like to add items for sale, and allow members to purchase those items.

• andrewdbuttandrewdbutt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

option to purchase services that are not memberships or events (add-on membership related items).

• Jessica D. Jester SaucedoJessica D. Jester Saucedo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if this shopping cart feature also allowed us to specify that these items are "Fundraisers" for certain things.. i.e., education, or legislation (if you're classified to participate)... and reporting should separate them out as such. AND, they MUST have a place to collect sales tax for some types of organizations as they are not sales tax exempt just because you are a non-profit. Also, please don't forget shipping charges, too. This shopping cart feature is something we would certainly use!

• BeardoBeardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Apricot Kernel: That impression comes from receiving 8 emails for one seminar per week and 1 eMail for software updates in two months… *hint, hint* ;-)

But am tracking. You do as best as you can. I appreciate that.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7