Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Free-text answer

Polls are great for structured questions, but in the annual awards we run they start with an open 'nominations' process, where a free-text input is required. The current option for 'other' doesn't really work for us in that scenario and I'd really like to be able to keep members within Wild Apricot rather than have to go and use Survey Monkey or something. Thanks for listening!

24 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jamie Freeman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cindy Breitman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just created a poll and added the other option which also said add suggestion. Sent it out to members. Nobody can write text in the field in response to the question. Definitely need an Other option followed by a text field. Thanks.

• nikki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have the option of a free form text box for ope-ended responses! We do not want to provide answers for our members in many of our polls/surveys.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Improve functionality of the "Other" feature to allow multiple write-in responses, for example for an election.

It would be very helpful to have the option of a free form text box for ope-ended responses instead of mandatory radio buttons or check boxes. We do not want to provide answers for our members in many of our polls/surveys. The other survey platforms all have this option. thank you -

I also am looking for a write in option exactly like what I am doing here. I want an open comment box that the poll can say "what else would you like to see at our conference" and then an open text box for their answer without any radio buttons or check boxes required.

• lhorvat2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Katya, I interpreted this to mean:
    A question type that allows a free text answer. Rather than Multiple Choice, Yes or No?
    Example question: Please tell the us what you’d like to see on this website. (Free text comment, character limit ###)
    Example answer:
    I would like: 1. A FAQ page about the organization. 2. A description of how the Privacy part of my Profile works. 3. Photos from the last seminar.
    Hope this is what J. Rozak meant. Hope it helps you Katya.

Feedback and Knowledge Base