Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Support "Sponsors" in addition to "Donors" at a system level

Most trade associations do not have "fundraisers" but more so "sponsors" the system needs to allow for this and create invoices for it. There is to much back end rigging needed to offer annual sponsorships & event sponsorships.

50 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Edie TellaEdie Tella shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    jhammondjhammond shared a merged idea: Sponsorships and billing  ·   · 

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mcregan26mcregan26 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Edie I am new to wild apricot and need to set up a trade show. You seem to be ahead of me on the learning curve - can you contact me at info@homebuildersvt.com? I'd love to ask you a few questions to kick start our set up on WA.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add a "print" button on the invoice screen. When I register for an event, I would like to print the invoice at that time.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've created an event and personnel are registering but now I'm receiving donations from donors. How do I tie donors to a particular event. I have two events scheduled and I have donors making donations to each event. I've enter the donors information in the Donors Tab but I would like to "link Donations" to an event.

• MaryAMaryA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want to add to my previous comment about sponsor profiles. We are currently using the featured member gadget to create displays of different sponsors. It's great because we can include the sponsors on lots of pages but manage changes from the database. The gadget works pretty well except that the dimensions of the profile display are optimized for head shots. It would be great to have a different display that is horizontal to accommodate logos which tend to be horizontal these days.

• MaryAMaryA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also a business association. We have a single member level called Sponsors that is free. There are too many variations and kinds of pricing to create separate levels for each. This means, however, that we have to do the invoicing outside WA. (We use the featured member gadget to include sponsor logos on key pages. There's no way to sort profiles so we have to use a gadget for each level of sponsor but it's nice to have the sponsors displayed in a way that's responsive.)

• Maria StavridesMaria Stavrides commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We set up our sponsorship opportunities as events and each individual "registers" for the level or a la carte item they prefer. We have found this is the easiest way to track payments, because an invoice is created. However, when it is time for a chapter sponsor to renew, the process has to be completed manually. It would be great if this could have a similar renewal process as membership.

• Bashar JabbanBashar Jabban commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our case sponsors can also be members, is it possible to add the same member under two different levels:
        1- member level
        2- sponsor level

• Jessica D. Jester SaucedoJessica D. Jester Saucedo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm running into the same issue with our Trade organization. There's not much financial tracking for the "donations" side and we don't really take donations, but have sponsors. The major difference is that "donations" are tax deductible and "sponsorships" may or may not be tax deductible. Your software produces a donation receipt which makes it seem deductible, for those of us who work in trade organizations, sponsorships for education are deductible but sponsorship for legislation or lobbying is NOT deductible. Hope this helps :)

• Edie TellaEdie Tella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also we need to be able to create the invoice for the sponsor and run effective reports

• Edie TellaEdie Tella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sure. go to my donation page for this client www.nyamb.org I had to set it up as Annual Sponsorship Program as I manage non-profit 501c6 trade associations who typically offer sponsorship not take donations. When a new sponsor signs up they go to the sponsorship page (aka donation page) and select the level as I have it set up. However their is no invoice created that I can see. Just a receipt of the payment. Invoices need to be created, reoccurring payments or renewals on sponsorship should be able to be set up without adding "sponsor" as a membership type.

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the very next release 4.3 there will be a way for any contact to pay manual invoice online. So admin can issue manual invoice, send email and the contact will be able to open link and pay it online.

I would like to get comments related to sponsorship after we have published this change - so we can discuss how we can use it for sponsorship invoices.

• Richard WellsRichard Wells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also have sponsorship for our events that is seperate from event membershipor membership payments. Now we are using a manual invoice, it would be an improvement to add this important function.

Richard Wells

• LWRBALWRBA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have a use for this option as well.

We offer annual sponsorships with quarterly payment options that I have to keep track of on a different system.

• RobbiRobbi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also have need for a sponsorship option. As a not-for-profit industry association, we rely on sponsorships, and not donations, for a huge share of our revenue.

I think sponsorships would be just as relevant for many of your customers, if not more so than donations. We've never dealt with donations.

• jhammondjhammond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see the ability to create invoices for individuals or businesses that buy sponsorships for organization activities, as well as being able to record the associated payments of the sponsorship invoices. This is separate from donations, as there is a defined amount per type of sponsorship.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7