Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Photo Album summary widget / multiple albums on a single page

I'd like to be able to display multiple albums on a single page a la gallery style. The user can then click on the album cover to open the album.

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kim SkimmonsKim Skimmons shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kim SkimmonsKim Skimmons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of my clients like to group photos by the event from which they were taken. E.g., "May luncheon", "2015 conference", "Spring Gala", etc. They want to have a page where each collection of photos (i.e., each event's photos) is listed and the members can just click on the collection to view the individual photos in that collection. I think the only way to accomplish this now is to create a separate web page for each gallery and then manually update the main "gallery summary" page with a link to the collections. The link would be a standard text link or a button link, nothing special as you commonly see in a photo sharing app that displays a gallery "cover photo" or similar.

Most significantly, the summary page needs to be manually updated (someone needs to remember to do that) each time a new gallery is added which leads to things getting out of sync -- galleries added but summary page not updated, then people can't figure out how to add new galleries. It's not very intuitive for novice web editors.

I can make use of navigation gadgets to automatically update with child pages which represent the galleries, but it's a bit of a kluge.

Does that make sense? Thank you!

- Kim

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7