Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Data protection compliance for European users

I have already discussed this issue in General Discussions but just wanted to formally place it in the Wishlist.

This is the gist of current EU legislation on transfer of data outside the EU :

"Transfers may be made to any country or territory in respect of which the Commission has made a ‘positive finding of adequacy’. . . .The Commission has so far recognized Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Canada (commercial organisations), Switzerland, Faeroe Islands, Guernsey, Israel, Isle of Man, Jersey, New Zealand, Uruguay and the US Department of Commerce's Safe Harbour Privacy Principles as providing adequate protection . . .

If the transfer is to the United States of America, has the US recipient of the data signed up to the US Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Scheme?"

See this link for full text : http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/document/international-transfers/adequacy/index_en.htm#h2-1 ) I know this cannot be achieved quickly but hope that WA can put it on the Roadmap as it's a worry for all European WA users.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Biz55Biz55 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7