Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

"Add to Google Calendar" button on event details

Today a client requested an "Add to Google Calendar" button on our event details page, in addition to the "Add to Outlook" function we already have.

Would you find this useful as well? Please post your comments below.

23 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

anonymous_173.33.196.116anonymous_173.33.196.116 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • webmasterwebmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been asked for by members of both groups that I administer WA for (private club and professional association).

• Kerrie-AnneKerrie-Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had similar problems in the past trying to insert addthis scripts for social media sharing - the WA CMS has a habit of stripping out "empty" tags when inserted into the html area.

You may need to raise a support ticket to get help with this one.

That said - I'd really like to get this feature added to the roadmap/wishlist as given WA is an events management tool, its kinda weird that it doesn't exist!

• Jarren KinchJarren Kinch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's a free Calendar widget called AddThisEvent [http://addthisevent.com/], but I'm struggling to integrate it into my event description, and I'm not sure what the problem is.

If I use the code on a regular page, the button works just fine, but in an event description the javascript code no longer works to display a button, but instead just displays the html code as written.

Has anyone had any luck integrating any "Add to Calendar" buttons to their events that don't simply generate an .ical file?

I'm looking for something such as the Seattle Dahlia Festival's page [http://seattle.findwell.com/event/seattle-dahlia-society-annual-show/] -- if you scroll down you can see a grey "+ Google Calendar" button that automatically opens up your Create Event function in Google Calendar. Much easier to use than exporting/importing an .ical file.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

• DougHDougH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any chance an Add to Calendar feature might be added to the Events calendar? I just registered for a (non-WA event) and a screen popped up offering to add the event to my Outlook Calendar, Lotus Notes Calendar or Google Calendar. Pretty nice! ThanksDoug HenningsenMarin Cyclists

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7