Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

More fields/columns for Member Directory

Is it possible to have 5 fields in each column on the Search results layout?

This would enable a member address, city, state, zip and country to be in one column, rather than split across 2 columns.

~~ or ~~ can we add the city, state, zip to be one field ?? that would also help solve the address from flowing over two columns.

We currently publish a paper member directory and would love to get away from it by having it available here.

thanks a bunch,

Patty

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PattyPatty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PatPat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a brand new WA user, we are just beta testing our WA web site. We have this problem with city state zip, and printing birthdays (month and day) in the directory. I used the workaround to have the new members enter a field with the city, state, zip together as well as seperate and month and day together as well as seperate.

One of the first comments I got was, Why am I entering things twice? It makes the software look unsophisticated when it is not, in so many other ways. Not a big confidence builder for the new members or new users.

• Leon FrankLeon Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We found this limitation to be just plain silly. We ended up using 4 different fields, one each for City, State, and Zip, then a 4th for all of them combined. When I imported the majority of the members from an Excel spreadsheet, I used concatenate to combine the fields into one field for the import so most members haven't noticed how silly it is. But now when we add members one by one and they are supposed to enter their own information, the limitation is clear that the software can't assemble these pretty standard elements itself. We don't need more columns, we need the ability to display City, State, Zip on one line.

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would say that the problem is not in number of fields to be shown in each column, but in absence of special address field that shows address in special way (not field by field). \

Still I agree that it is reasonable to increase a number of fields from 3 to at least 5 in each member directory column.

• dick-blainedick-blaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This capability would add significantly to the value and readability of the member directory

Dick

• Michele Tarsitano-AmatoMichele Tarsitano-Amato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it would be REALLY helpful to be able to put city and postal code (zip) on the same line in the custom layouts.

Has this already been addressed?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7