Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Ability to donate during membership application/renewal or event registration

Current features:
Visitors/members are not prompted to make donation while they are performing other payments (e.g. membership renewals, event registrations,etc)

Desired features:
Admins have the ability to enable donations to be made during event registrations, membership applications/renewals or other payments.

124 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alex YaroslavskyAlex Yaroslavsky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make it possible to donate when registering for an event or membership so you don't have to input info twice  ·   · 
    cprzybycprzyby shared a merged idea: Combine donations with membership  ·   · 
    cprzybycprzyby shared a merged idea: Be able to add donations while making a dues renewal so as to have a single transaction.  ·   · 

66 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brandon LongleyBrandon Longley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add to that, sending out mail is costly and takes time. And we only sent out our letter drive to 40% of our members because most of our members have email addresses and prefer for us to send them email rather than mail.

This would be fantastic, this year we did a letter donation campaign with our membership drive and we raised twice the amount of money that we would normally raise, with 80% of the donations coming from paper replies. 20% came from online donations however this would be much higher if members could add a donation to their renewal at the time of renewing. Most of our members are generally happy to pitch in an extra 2-5x the membership cost if it is easy - it's easy to fill out a form and send it back using a reply paid letter but it's not as easy to do it online.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a non profit and adding a donation button on a membership form or event registration would be helpful.

• AnnMAnnM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I raised this last year as by I got round it to some extent by adding voluntary extra charge fields named donations for the most popular amounts people tend to give in the new members and renewal forms and people do use this. But it limits the amounts and also makes for a more complicated process of extracting the donations from the subscriptions for accounting purposes. We need a field that people can enter their own amounts and is shown as a donation.

People have used the extra charge system for donations but don't make separate donations no matter how many explanations are available on the website.

• RichardRichard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We always ask for donations at renewal time and the absence of this functionality in WA is about the only thing that is stopping us from using it. So please, please implement this asap.

• cprzybycprzyby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Membership capable to post a single credit card transaction which would include membership and donation(s).

• cprzybycprzyby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Concatenate the donation module with other main module for dues collection.
        2. Invoice for Apricot service should reflect period covered.

• Wayne KesslerWayne Kessler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to echo this:

"Also - I saw that you are thinking about allowing donations at the same time as starting a new membership. This is great - but we would also like this for when people are RENEWING their membership. We would like people who can afford to help out, to pay for someone else's membership who cannot afford it... They could do this on an annual basis when they renew."

We have a few clients here for which this is their top priority. Any word on where it might be in WA's priority?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also desperately want the ability to include a donation on our organization's annual membership renewal form. As you note, people are much more likely to add on a donation with a transaction than to take the time to go through an entirely separate transaction for the donations.

Right now we have to manually transfer each of these items to the user's profile. Hugely time-consuming for a process that should be easy to automate.

• klmklm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our work-around was that we added, on the membership form, a section called "Extra Donation" and added three specific additional costs that they can select. This is fine for the most part--but it would be great if these extra donations were correlated to the "Donations" section, so when people wanted records and reports (such as when they file taxes) they could easily see what money were dues and what were donations.

Perhaps there could be a new screen, just before the final payment is submitted, that asks "Would you like to make an additional donation?" which would then bring up the Donations function.

I really appreciate how you Apricots listen to us users!

• SuzanneHSVSuzanneHSV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our organization just joined Wild Apricot. As the system administrator, I would like to add my voice to the requests to allow donations with the membership application / renewal process. We get most of our donations during membership renewal. If this can't be done directly, we would like the ability to link the two process so that a member can pay once - including the dues and a donation.

This would be fantastic to have, currently testing with the additional costing feature in memberships however my appropriation of it will not benefit me and I've realized it causes more problems than good.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7