Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Scheduled E-mail Blasts

Current features:
Emails need to be sent manually or scheduled with events reminders or membership renewal notifications.

Desired feature:
Have the ability to schedule any email to be sent a specific time.

273 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

wah1dancerwah1dancer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Rebekah FrancisRebekah Francis shared a merged idea: Set time for email delivery  ·   · 
    Linda DavidsonLinda Davidson shared a merged idea: Ability to schedule emails, all emails, manual and event  ·   · 
    Jack MackenzieJack Mackenzie shared a merged idea: I WANT to be able to pre-create emails to be sent while I am on vacation. Constant contact can do it...so can Wild Apricot  ·   · 
    Talya GeorgeTalya George shared a merged idea: Scheduled Emails  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: timed activation of web page revision or email  ·   · 
    sglasssglass shared a merged idea: schedule emails  ·   · 
    Steven BouchardSteven Bouchard shared a merged idea: Automatically Email Saved Searches to Users on Specific Date  ·   · 
    contactcontact shared a merged idea: integration with course ware software  ·   · 
    Administrative CoordinatorAdministrative Coordinator shared a merged idea: schedule newsletters for months in advance  ·   · 
    KWatson CentrepointKWatson Centrepoint shared a merged idea: Send Delayed Emails  ·   · 
    michele.stumpmichele.stump shared a merged idea: Select email recipients, select the email to be sent and then set the date/time to have the email blast triggered  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I would like to be able to pull a report of all scheduled communications. This would help reduce the risk for over burdening our contacts.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Scheduled Emails (not just events)  ·   · 

106 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Frank aka Fresh ApricotAdminFrank aka Fresh Apricot (User Experience, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maurice – thank you for sharing this feedback. It's true that we have some very old items on this wishlist, so I can appreciate that it looks like this and other features might never make it into the product.

But as this month we're finally wrapping up the internal changes we were working on that prevented us from working on and releasing many features we've wanted to add for a long time (e.g. Scheduled emails, rsvp, membership cards, etc).

Thankfully, in the new year this situation should improve, so hopefully in 2017 some of these requests will be addressed.

By the way, we've already designed Scheduled emails and completed some user testing to validate our approach.

Would you be interested in testing it to see if it matches with your needs?

• Maurice GundersonMaurice Gunderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scheduled e-mail blasts is a must-have feature. I was astonished to discover, after starting to use WA, that this is not available. I would never have selected WA if I had realized this. Now that I have read the comments I see this has been requested for years! I am going to look for a replacement for WA.

• Lee AnneLee Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This wishlist item (ability to schedule any email) is date October 19, 2008 -- today is OCTOBER 25, 2016! Eight years this has been a wanted function/feature. It has a lot of supporters. WA needs to move it to the head of the queue.

• slalomslalom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While you're at it, it would be immensely helpful if we could SEE the schedule. Our club has half a dozen or more events short-term, set up by various people. If all of them have 3 automatic Announcement emails, that alone is potentially 18 emails per month. I need to see the full, overall schedule, so that I can move some around, cancel some, etc., so that our list doesn't get overwhelmed and think we're consciously sending spam. (I don't need to move events on the calendar view or list, just need to see them. I'd then go to the various events to tweak them.)

I tried visiting the various events and making my own calendar, but keeping it current and complete is a non-starter idea.

• LauraLaura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would LOVE to schedule emails in advance? We like our weekly newsletter to go out at noon on Fridays, but I can't always be available to send it.

• melrizzutomelrizzuto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be SO much better! I look forward to this feature because I hate having to manually send out email blasts.

• teddielinderteddielinder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like there are lots of good comments here, and I'll add my two cents. WA is marketing as a complete membership management tool set and this is a common tool that is absent. I also use mail chimp and the email scheduling is a critical component of being able to manage communications. Please add this functionality!

• Adrian WrightAdrian Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with everyone here - this is a valuable and much needed option for sending out email blasts, very much lacking and surprisingly absent. It''s concerning to see that this was first asked for well over a year ago, echoed by many, but still hasn't been incorporated. I've got 2 vacations lined up (one short, one long), during which I will need to take time out, get Internet access, and manually send out scheduled emails. Not happy.

• d.pohlid.pohli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! This feature would be very helpful and probably fairly easy to accomplish on W.A's side.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7