Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Invoice line-item export

I'm working on a financial report for my organization, and I'm trying to find the line-item detail for all financial transactions conducted through our site (so I can slice and dice the data to illustrate various aspects). Without this, it's not possible to resolve discrepancies in the data and close out our organization's finances.

I was able to download a report from "Payments and Refunds", however this only shows totals for each invoice and does not show what line items each person is paying for, so I can't break the data down fully. I also found the "Income" report under "Reports", however this seems to have even less detail.

The WA support folks suggested going into each invoice separately to see a breakdown of each line item, and said that there is currently no other way to view line-item details. However, this would be very manual and time-consuming as we have hundreds of invoices with multiple line items each.

So, I wanted to find out if it would be possible to add a feature to give downloadable line-item visibility for all financial transactions? Presumably this raw data is already being collected by logs on WA's back-end, so it might just be a matter of exposing the relevant data to admins as an excel file if requested for download.

17 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

sarons shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Doug Miles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We collect optional donations as extras on the renewal invoice but the Income Report just lumps it into Membership. Without a Line Items breakdown anywhere else we're stuck with manual recording.

Feedback and Knowledge Base