Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

add membership fields to the event export

For notification of 3rd party vendors about the participants in an event, we need to export the participants address with the other event data. It would be really nice to be able to add membership fields to the event export.

Judy Nelson-Moore

nmpotters.org

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JnelsonmooreJnelsonmoore shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnthonyAnthony shared a merged idea: MEMBER SINCE on conference badges  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnthonyAnthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are downloading the event roster to make/print badges. Is there a way to include "MEMBER SINCE" on their badges, or membership type, like, POWER MEMBER from their membership level

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see...There is no automated procedure unfortunately - but this can be done with export/import:

1) Export all your contacts.

2) Create new common fields, e.g. if you have City, name new field CityTmp

3) Import back while mapping existing member fields to new common fields

4) Check that everything worked (at this stage every record should have two sets of those fileds - new common ones and old member ones)

5) Delete member fields

6) Rename common fields, e.g. from CityTmp to City

• JnelsonmooreJnelsonmoore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of our people in our system are members. The fields that I am talking about have been in the membership fields since inception of our use of the system. Is there a way to move them to common fields?

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Judy, thanks for the suggestion.

I am curious - why do you keep address fields under membership and not under common fields (Those are included in the event attendees export)?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7