Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Adding guests later or changing existing ones

Hello,

We frequently have members who register themselves and then at a later date, decide to add a guest. However, there is no easy way for them to do this that I'm aware of. I would love for our members to be able to sign in, view their registration, and then be able to "Add Guest" from there.

Thanks!

UPDATE FROM PRODUCT MANAGER: I decided to expand this suggestion to also changing existing guest list as well, like removing some of existing guests or changing their names.

54 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sara shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our events regularly offer Tables of 10" members want to register early but aren't sure who will be sitting with them. It causes huge headache when they can't update their own listof names as sometimes we get multiple people calling about the same information. Would be great if they could simply log in and add the respective names :) Waiting in anticipation :) THANKS !

• Shelbi Hoffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I have several organizations that would like the ability for members to add guests to their event registration after they have registered themselves for an event.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our club would also be in favor of a way for members to add a guest to their registration. Thank you! Kay DuBois

• Lynn Richardson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this is possible, I can't find it. Members don't seem to be able to edit their own registrations, i.e., add guests. They should be able to do that.

• Hal Palmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We frequently have members who register themselves and then at a later date, decide to add a guest. However, there is no easy way for them to do this that I'm aware of. I would love for our members to be able to sign in, view their registration, and then be able to "Add Guest" from there.If I as admin modify the registration the member has difficulty paying on line
        Would appreciate your fixing this.
        Thanks

• Will Ton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to edit a registration to add or amend a guest is a real pain for our members. Especially if we have members only registration and a non member guest needs registering.

• Tracey Booth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enhance the check out page that there is an edit feature in case a user forgets something (like adding a guest).
        Thanks!

• Amanda Sage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm reiterating everyone else's point. We have weekly events with 200-400 people and this takes up a lot of admin time for us and is a constant frustration for our members!

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really would love to see this come to be. We run a decent sized (few thousand attendees) conference each year (and it's been growing a lot in recent years) and having registration be largely manual has been a challenge with scale.

• ABHighland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a deal breaker for our organization. if members cannot add or change the guests they are bringing to an event, they do not want to use the WA system. Our Board will not sign on with a system that does not offer this function.

• seaqinfo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree that registrants who are not members need to be able to edit their regstrations. We are wanting to run a video competition and it would be good if registrants (who may not be members) and who are interested in entering, could register with some details and later come back to add their video url link or edit their registration.

• Amanda Sage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is EXTREMELY important to our organization as it comes up several times for each event (and we host weekly events!) Not only does it cause frustration on the part of our members who have to call to add guests, but it also adds a lot of administrative burden.

• Hal Palmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Members may only register attendance once. Things change downstream. Members need to be able to edit their registrations leading up to the event. Currently only the Admin can perform changes, and it's another job I do not need. Thanks

• OVF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am the ONLY person in my organization who works in our website, having this option would change my world and make things much easier. I have many older members who are frustrated with the website already, and default to emailing me to register them, and then email again when they have invited a guest. This is a very necessary option.

• Andrew Swain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Event Multiple Registrations: Change the way a member can add additional registrations to an event to allow them add guests only. A member is only one individual and will, in all cases (in our club) have to register to attend an event in order to bring a guest. It is common that after registering but before the event the member may want to add additional guests. When the "allow multiple registrations" is enabled the member may do this BUT they can have to add themselves AGAIN and then the guests. In reality this means that the member will have duplicated their registration. Suggest that you change the registration process to allow the member to change the quantity of member attendees in the same way they can change the number of guest attendees.

• Susan Elwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also have this issue where guest names and numbers aren't known at the time they register. The reports and onscreen totals become misleading and result in a lot of fiddling around in excel to provide attendance numbers and names. Could perhaps be improved on export (exclude member ID duplicates)? Also wondering if this issue may be fixed via enabling the members to edit their registrations - a wishlist item I understand is in the process of being included live sometime soon?

• David Kahng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When registering on our website (wild apricot), the registrant can list their guests. However, it appears that if the guest list changes, the registrant cannot go into our website and change their guest lists. Can Wild Apricot change to allow registrants to go back in and change their guest lists?

• Kim Skimmons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anything new with this topic? I have clients who would like this also. Right now, it seems to tell the member to contact the site administrator to change a registration.

Kim

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base