Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Allow to select registration type for guests

* Make Registration Type selection a set of checkboxes instead of radio buttons to allow a member to choose more than one type of registration at the same time (e.g., Attendee + Volunteer (Food) + Volunteer (Day of Event)).
* Allow member to specify number of people and names (e.g., a family might have both the husband and wife available to volunteer, or all 4 family members will attend the event for each type.) I know multiple registrations is covered in another Wishlist item. Maybe this part is just an extension of that to include Registration Types?

55 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kim SkimmonsKim Skimmons shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    cherie@mbmca.orgcherie@mbmca.org shared a merged idea: Allow registrants to choose more than one registration type at the same time  ·   · 

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a new account I would support the changes proposed here as this would solve a big problem for my small group.

• Barbara BachBarbara Bach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to allow members to register more than one person at more than one cost for a single event. This allows us to provide volume discount incentives, as well as for a single payment for various categories.

• phblaneyphblaney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We ned to have multiple registration types and allow the member register for more than one at the same time.

We are a sailing club and run sailing courses for our members children for which there are 6 different courses. Many parents have more than 1 child on the programme, but each one doing a different course (which differ as to duration, dates and price).

We also have regattas, race meetings, and there are upwards of 6 different sailboat classes participating. We are a family club and quite often a parenht will want to enter their own sailboat and also a different class of sailboat for their child, so this same problem surfaces.

At the moment the only solution is to register more than once - which is enough to prevent the member using the online registration facility - so preventing us use the functionality of wild apricot as we intended.

• tanyaFtanyaF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. We currently have an event and want to allow one registration (the actual member, it's a Mom's group) who purchases a ticket, adds a adult guest (usually husband- same ticket cost). But children are FREE. We still want to be able to count the children (for food count, etc), but don't want to have ask them to go in and register yet again. Talked to support and they suggested making the kids 'guests' and requiring them to go in and register again for the adult. Too many steps. Registration type for guests would solve this problem. Might have to go back to Eventbrite for our events unless this is changed asap.

• TeriTeri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add an option so a family can have multiple choices. 1 adult attending & 2 children or 2 adults and X children. Hope this feature is added.

• David LewisDavid Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a new customer, for my first event I needed the functionality described by this request. The following is the text of my question to support, to which they replied it was addressed by this enhancement request.

"One member can choose a quantity of one or both registration types. For example, one event price for members and one event price for non-members. One member may want to register and pay for 3 members and 4 non-members. (I'm not worried about checking membership status.)

Example:
        3 members @ $20
        4 non-members @ $60
        Total charge - 3*20 + 4*60 = $300

Perhaps a similar example would be a member wanting to register for an event, bring 7 people total, and register for different meals at different prices.

Can it be set up to choose multiple registration types?
        On a specific registration type, can you enter a quantity more than one?"

• Jayme PedigoJayme Pedigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like for guests to purchase more than one ticket, if they are not discounted for members. The "guest" registration is very laborious

• cherie@mbmca.orgcherie@mbmca.org commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow registrants to choose more than one radio button instead of only allowing them one choice and then requiring the person to go back to the registration page and choose another option. This is wasted time for our customers and behind the time with what other websites have allowed for years.

Could you please add a simple way for members to register their bundle member partners for events in a single transaction.

It is possible for a member to add a guest in a single transaction, but not another member, even one from their own membership bundle.

The 'workaround' of completing multiple transactions to achieve the outcome is neither elegant nor intuitive and rather defeats the purpose of having a cloud based computer system.

This issue of not being able to book partners and bundle members for events causes the most grief for our members and requires a lot of time to support or complete bookings on their behalf. It is also cited as an objection to us having implemented a computerised system and who would have us return to the days of the card index and postal order.

Agree with this and all other Wish Items regarding multiple registration types being available to one customer. We provide classes all year around and many customers register for 8 or 10 classes, but they have to go in 8 or 10 times to sign up for each one individually. If I could put them as registration types, and they could choose more than 1, this would alleviate the need for them to do this multiple times. This has been our number one and pretty much only problem with this software due to the way we do business.

Registration with Mixed Registration Types - I often have members brining non-members to events. The (programming) logic within the registration module does not provide for one registration form to include multiple registration types. This results in an invoice with an incorrect balance due. Human intervention is then required to correct the invoice.

• Katie RadosevicKatie Radosevic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please!

As the public registers for a particular event, it would be stellar if they could select multiple tickets selections in a single registration.

For example,
        2 adult tickets ($20/adult)
        2 children tickets (free)

We want to track all event registrants, but having the children listed as entirely separate transactions throws off our record-keeping and attendance-tracking, since we won't necessarily check in the children separate from their adult guardian, come event time.

Thank you!

• JudyJudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with many of these comments. We need our members to be able to register free guests and paid guest for meetings. We would also like for members to be offered the registration options of free vs paid guests depending on what they have already used for the year. Example – Our “regular members” get one free guest per year and our “3 person corporate membership” gets 3 free guests per year, “4 person corporate membership” gets 4 free guests per year, etc. If they have used up their free guest passes for the year, they are not offered the free guest option when registering.

• Bill TidballBill Tidball commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree with several posts on this thread concerning allowing multiple registration types for guests.

Allowing registration of multiple adults and at the same time multiple children at age related guest prices is exactly the scenario we're currently faced. I've found no way to manage it within the WA system. Is it possible to update us on this request?

• Evelyn WEvelyn W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also need the feature of selecting a different registration type for each registrant in a member/guest registration scenario.

We charge a per family penalty fee of $75 if people register after June 1st for our annual event. Right now we can set up that fee in the Registration Type field for $75, but then it is assessed for the member and each guest. So a family of 4 results in a registration fee of $300, not $75.

Our workaround is to make the member sign up for the event with a registration fee of $75 and the guests with a separate log in and registration fee of $0. We end up with multiple registrations for a family. This is very confusing for our members, hard for us to keep track of, and not a good system.

Evelyn

• ctsocietydcctsocietydc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My organization would very much like this. We usually have a mix of members and non-members registering for an event; often, a member would register for an event fro themselves and a few friends, some of which might be non-members. So, we definitely could use the option of registering guests at different levels than the individual initiating the registration.

• Kim SkimmonsKim Skimmons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. You are correct -- I'd still like to have different registration types for each registrant. Recently I had to setup a Ski Trip event. Each registrant had 5 "packages" to choose from depending on whether they wanted to ski or snowboard, if they wanted a lesson package plus whether or not they needed to rent a helmet. The person who initially setup the event, logically created the event and added 5 registration types, one for each "package". However, when mom signed up for the ski trip, she chose the ski package for herself then proceeded to "add a guest" to register her son. Her son wanted to snowboard, but she couldn't figure out how to specify that and they both ended up with ski packages and the pricing was wrong.

I had to recreate the event with one registration type: "Sign up for the ski trip" that was "free". Then on the registration form, I had to create extra-cost options for each package. This worked, but it was not intuitive. Would be much easier to just be able to choose the reg type for each registrant.

• PA Chiefs AssociationPA Chiefs Association commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PA Chiefs will second Kim's suggestion- for our conference registration, different registration types for different types of guests would be helpful (i.e. our spouses register for "ladies events" that the members wouldn't attend and guest children have children's activities they can be registered for that adults won't attend).

We'd like to see the option added that once you create the guest registration option- to then have the option to create a whole new "guest registration" with fields that are different from the event regstration that the member is filling out. As of now we have the option to just have either the "guest's" name, all of their contact information and/or fill out the exact same fields as the person who is registering them.

We hope this will come along soon. Thanks apricots; the updates are appreciated!

• jkalbhenjkalbhen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! Our association would like to encourage multiple registrations so it saves admin time/cost, but there must be a way for guests to be registered as nonmembers or members. If five people are being registered, and only two are members, there is no way to charge the three nonmembers the nonmember rate and the two members the member rate, from what I can tell.

Also, ideally when the form is processed, there would be a check to ensure that if a guest is registered at the member rate they are indeed a member. And that a member registered through the multiple registration option would have a record of their registration showing up on their member record, etc.

• jrodenbaughjrodenbaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also want to voice the need for the ability to select different registration types for guest registrations. We have events where we also offer childcare at different prices depending on the child's age. We need to be able to register 1 or more adults at the same prices and multiple children potentially all at different prices. We recently had a family register with four children all at different ages and with the current set up they had to make a separate registration/payment for each one. Quite a hassle.

It seems like this is something many have been asking for, so hopefully it is in the works.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7