Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Allow discounts for membership renewals

We'd like ot offer discounts at renewal time. We are not set up on automatic renewals. We did set up discount codes.

Is this feature available? I can't find the topic in the help files and when I process a renewal I don't see a field for discounts anywhere in the renewal process or the shopping cart during checkout.

157 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mltch5mltch5 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started development of the feature. And decided to focus on the simple solution:
    – expand work of Discount coupon to renewals and level change
    – ability to specify for which membership process the discount works (for example, only for new applications)
    – add new restriction: ‘Available for active members only’, for preventing members with expired date use the discount

We’ll keep you updated on progress.

Katya, Astra crew @ Membership management features

71 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Team AstraAdminTeam Astra (Membership features, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for commenting and adding your vote.

We understand that renewal process is crucial for many organizations. And the big number of votes shows this.
        This particular request is a part of 2017 focus on Membership Development team in Wild Apricot. As soon as we have some progress here, we will share it.

Katya, Astra crew
        Membership management features @ Wild Apricot

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been issuing discount codes to existing members, expecting them to be able to use them at renewal - imagine their disappointment when we have to tell them they can't after all! :(

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be sooooo helpful for our association if there could be a facility to change an 'earlybird' invoice discount to the full rate after a certain date - without having to go in and adjust each invoice individually. I can see this has been a much-asked request over a period of time now.....

Can I add our request for this feature - where an organisation offers early bird discounts you are requiring considerable effort for the treasurer to go in and credit all the members.

• Aaron Blocher-RubinAaron Blocher-Rubin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have an option for companies to sign up as sponsor agencies, so that their employees get free membership. It's a major driver for the growth, participation, and revenue of our association. The discount code is what the employees use to register and waive the fee. I don't know how we can manage this process if there is no option to add a discount code during renewal. Please add this feature before 12/31!

• renblockrenblock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very frustrating not to be able to offer early renewal discounts to current members! please fix the system to enable this very necessary option ASAP!

• Greg SmithGreg Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have many members who cannot afford the full price of membership. I'd like to have a discount code for seniors, students, veterans, and staff members.

The discount would be applied each billing period and show up on the invoice. So, a $100 membership could be discounted with cod SENIOR and get 50% off, or discount code STUDENT to get 25% off, discount code STAFF to get 100% off, etc.

• Mindy PattersonMindy Patterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to offer a membership discount would allow us to give perks for member referrals and keep our long-time members happy. It would also help us keep members, who otherwise might allow their membership to lapse. We have requested this for over a year. We remain hopeful that you implement this design soon!

• Chuck PenaChuck Pena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe I noticed an issue with offering discount to lapsed members. I think you can do this. If a lapsed membership is set to renewal period never then I believe they would have to reapply as a new member and the discount system would work? Have used it but it looks like it would work. Are issue is offering discounts to active member renewals.

• LynneLynne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We offer early membership discount if paid a few months before due. Currently the renewal email reminders default to the full price so problematic for us. We were hoping going to this system would make our life easier - not more complicated.

• MonikaMonika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to issue discount codes to our returning members various times a year and it makes it very difficult if you do not allow them for renewals.
        That is something very common for memberships and therefore, it would be great if the system could make that happen. Thanks

• Alex RubensteinAlex Rubenstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has become a requirement for us as well. We need discount codes that can be used when a member renews. We offer early bird discounts for renewal.

This is ridiculous - how are we to offer incentives for lapsed members to renew?! And people have been asking for it for more than 5 years? What is the status?

• JoelBJoelB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We assumed that discounts could be applied to membership renewals – why wouldn’t they? We pay a great deal of money for Wild Apricot, which is generally wonderful. Please update it so we can apply discounts to renewals and let me know when that feature is available. We had planned to use it for our Q1 membership drive, but aren’t able to go forward with our plans because of this problem.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base