Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Uploading documents and photos in forum and blog posts

Is it possible that you could correct the function of the forum and blog pages to not only allow someone to add a link, but also to add a document to the page?

What downfall is there in providing this function?

117 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

James KerichJames Kerich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

100 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matt D'ErcoleMatt D'Ercole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most forums allow for images to be added by all users posting. Currently, only admins have the rights to post images in forum discussions. This would be such a huge benefit for our organization. The prototype looks great. Please put this on the "Work In Progress" list.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be extremely helpful if my members could add images to blog posts. Currently have to send images to the Admin who then has to create the blog post for them with images. We currently use the blog posts for "news" and frequently the news blog must have images included.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be a very appropriate addition, and something that every other forum I belong to allows. You should set a maximum size of file that non-administrators can add, or allow the administrator to set the limit.

• Iyman MusaIyman Musa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My club is using the Forum section as a classified section on the site, and adding pictures is key.
        please let us know when the Picture function will be available.

• rwta.wildapricot.orgrwta.wildapricot.org commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disappointing to hear that work on this has been postponed.
        I guess I will start looking for an external forum to replace the built in version. No longer a all-in-one platform for us.

• Tony WoodTony Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to request this functionality too. It would enable our members to share information much better. Initially, we just need the facility for the person creating a topic to be able to include an attachment and other people to open it in their browser and/or download.

• KozyinnKozyinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add my vote for this functionality as well. Since membership website are all about communication it seems to be a large disadvantage to limit our members in what they are able to share.

• Anne NicklinAnne Nicklin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another occasion where my search for basic functionality within Wild Apricot turns up a really fruitful (pun intended) discussion of how needed this feature is... capped off with an admin reply of not now. It is hard enough to engage good discussion forums without the crunch of limited functionality. Please add this back to the immediate plans for upgrading the wyswig editor on forums.

• Charles CongdonCharles Congdon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sharing photos is key for my members (kayaking club), and we are fighting for our lives against Meetup, who have this social aspect down cold (including trip-specific photo albums).
        At the very least I want clear directions on how people can direct others to photos or albums in their member photo albums, and/or the ability to link to another service like Flickr.

• David LewisDavid Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like the ability to add attachments to blog posts/replies. Should probably be a switch-driven option.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would agree that adding images and attachments would be helpful for members. An eta or upgrading the priority would be appreciated.

• Mary AdamsMary Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We tout our profiles and directory as a member benefit. Because the blog function isn't really public, we have to use Forums to allow members to share their thoughts and content. But then members are surprised when they can't attach content. The proposed solution would help us deliver value to our members. I hope that it can make its way into the road map soon!

• Trenton ColbertTrenton Colbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the proposal because it makes it easier on non-tech savvy members, but I'd think this could be implemented just through admin privileges to a restricted set of data folders that where only members could save files or pictures, while preserving the same UI that is already in use at the full admin level for uploads.

Having forums was one of my main selection criteria for picking Wild Apricot. Many groups have a need to share data and talk about it. It would seem an essential element of online portion of a club/org.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base