Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Affiliate program integration

Current behavior:
There is no way to send an autiomatic confirmation to the affiliate system if it is used to drive new memberships

Desired behavior:
Ability to capture the affiliate source for member coming to the application page and then send a confirmation upon successful member application.

Notes:
1) Confirmation will probably be implemented by allowing custom Javascript code to run after completed memberships
2) Need to figure out a way to distinguish when that should be sent (how would the system know where the application is originated)
3) Different processing for different membership levels is probably needed

39 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: is there a way to have an afiliate.  ·   · 
    RWDigestRWDigest shared a merged idea: Affiliate Program  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: referrals  ·   · 

72 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is there a way to have an afiliate. were if some one wants to register for an event from a blog, facebook or website with a link to our website, we would be able to track and pay a commission to that person.

• MikezMikez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Eventbrite support tracking of affiliates so admins can know which marketing channels/affiliate is most effecting in promoting their events or membership. This is not show stopper but it will increase the value of your application because we can get more people to sign up.

• RWDigestRWDigest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Offer the ability to track and manage affiliates within the site -- so you can do a member-get-a-member promotion or use joint venture partners to grow membership.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have member specific referral codes so we can have members give out their code for tracking purposes. This way we can make sure the proper member receives credit for their referrals.

• Terry RobertsTerry Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think having *robust* affiliate management functionality is essential for Wild Apricot to be a best-of-breed membership site management platform. That's because one of the most basic and powerful marketing strategies for *any* membership site is to incentivize current members to bring in additional members from their networks. What could be more fundamental?

By *robust*, I mean features like the following (I'm sure to overlook some that others might contribute):
        * -Configurable for automatically-approved sign-up or for requiring admin approval
        * -On-site affiliate application form, including tax id for 1099 commission reporting if the applicant is approved
        * -Two-tiered, so affiliates can recruit sub-affiliates and get an "over-ride" commission on any affiliates they recruit; configurable commission by level
        * -Ability to configure what membership levels and/or events and products are eligible for affiliate commissions
        * -Ability to configure whether recurring sales (like monthly memberships) are commissionable
        * -Configurable as to how long affiliates get paid re: customers they refer (forever? a year? etc.)
        * -Configurable for which affiliate gets credit for a sale if more than one affiliate's cookie is detected on the customer's computer: it's typically either the first cookie placed, or the last cookie placed. If not configurable, last cookie should be the default under the premise that most recent affiliate click was more likely the triggering event than an old click
        * -Ability to create special compensation commission levels for "Super-Affiliates"
        * -Ability for member-affiliates to see reports within their membership account on affiliate activity
        * Click generated
        * Sales credited
        * Commissions due
        * Commissions paid
        * Commissions history
        * -Ability for site owner to see reports on affiliate activity:
        * Clicks generated by affiliate
        * Sales credited by affiliate
        * Commissions due by affiliate
        * Commission due by affiliate
        * Activity history by affiliate
        * Commissions due by affiliate
        * -Ability to configure threshold amount to trigger commission payouts (for example, commissions aren't paid unless the accrued amount of commission owed is $25 or more; otherwise, the balance rolls over into the next month's balance
        * -Repository where the site owner can post affiliate promotional materials (banners, sample email texts, etc.) and the affiliate can download them at will. All materials must download with the affiliate's unique affiliate code embedded.
        * -Ideally, integration with a payment platform that allows exporting the commissions due report to that platform and automatically issue commission checks (making payment digitally is by far preferable, as with PayPal - it's not only fast and cheap (no checks or mailing), people like its security and it can do international)

Terry

• Peter OttePeter Otte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is definitely possible to create a rudimentary affiliate solution by setting up a private page and using the custom HTML gadget with our custom javascript. We're in the process of setting this up for a new Wild Apricot client. If you're interested in following our progress then send me an email at peter@popsb.com.

• RWDigestRWDigest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still interested in this feature! Would be great for member-get-a-member promotions to be able to offer affiliate commissions.
        I found this help page for AMember to customize their affiliate settings -- would this help you see how it might work for multiple payment systems?
        http://www.amember.com/docs/Setup/Affiliates
        I love WA, but my next membership program needs to have an affiliate capability!

• ToniToni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think being able to track an affiliate link or even an affiliate code would be helpful. It seems more and more people are working with affiliate programs. My understanding is even if you wanted to give a discount code for an affiliate to use, it wouldn't be trackable either. Is that correct?

• Sue HenrySue Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi There,

We are super keen to have affiliate functionality, we ideally would like to be able to use a third party system that integrates so our affiliates can track their sales and we can provide them with marketing materials etc.

We invested in idevaffiliate but it does not work with Wild Apricot - two great systems its a pity they don't integrate. it would be the ideal scenario for us.

We are looking at developing a workaround so any suggestions more than welcome. I will post an update when/if we find one.

Thanks

• TheresiaTheresia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe that I just asked for this and was told it was not possible to do this on WA. Now I find out that several people have requested this feature all the way back to 2007!

I want to use InviteBox or similar referral program and all they need is to be able to insert their widget on a page that uniquely says a certain step has been completed (in my case it can be when they apply for membership or pay for membership). I don't understand why this is difficult to accomplish but I am not a tech person. Right now, it really doesn't matter where in the process you offer it. What matters is that it is available.

If the fix above works, I'm all for it. Please consider making this feature available!

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was looking through this long thread and thinking - there is no way we can handle it in a full integration scale this year (of may be even ever). But can something be done as a quick substitute for the full integration? Well, there might be options.

I'm thinking about something like "callback" function on WA side. Imagine we have a special new setting page, where an admin can setup an URL to call when a payment transaction completes (actually, several URLs - for membership application, renewal, level change or event registration, or donation). Just several texboxes where admin defines an URL - e.g. as it was mentioned by ptorto1 at http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8825569-affiliate-program-integration-2986

The URLs can also use some macros that WA will supply - e.g. Contact ID, Invoice Number, Date, Amount, Transaction ID, etc.

This means that whenever the payment transaction for the listed cases occurs (e.g. membership application is paid), WA will call the URL defined by admin, substituting macros in emails with transaction specific data.

If we do this - and this is actually very simple to do and can be done quite quickly - can this be useful?

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This particular feature is on the backburner and we don't expect to touch it at least until the end of 2013.

• yrwrayyrwray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I wanted to find out if Wild Apricot integrates with any affiliate tracking software and after reading this discussion I understand the background and why there isn't any.

I was looking into Post Affiliates Pro integration for tracking sales and a % based commission. I am using PayPal Payments Pro to accept payments for memberships. I'd like to track sales from affiliate sites/emails by using something like a special affiliate id in the incoming URL. Basically the same as what is outlined in the post by ptorto1 would work. We've got to know where the new member came from to determine what affiliate gets credit for the sale.

I currently have a group of affiliates ready to go if I can get some kind of tracking, possibly even having the system store an affiliate id into the new contact record. The id would be passed into the sign up form from the referring URL. Then the completed sale could be tracked manually at a minimum since the affiliate id would be saved with the contact record. Just an idea.

Can you give us an update on this feature? I'd like to know either way since I am making business plans that hinge on this.

Thank you for your assistance and Happy New Year

• Josh HuntJosh Hunt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An affiliate system would be my #1 request.

it would seem it could benefit you to -- spread the word about WA

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's a list of affiliate programs mentioned by one of the customers:
        * iDevAffiliate
        * Post Affiliate Pro
        * 1 Shopping Cart
        * JROX JAM
        * Paydotcom

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7