Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Virtual / digital products

We would like to sell online products, all of them accessible using a URL.
This means to have a place (a directory) where to store the virtual products and the online store will supply, upon receiving the money, the necessary grant to the purchased product.

24 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Filippo De Carli shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bridget Weide Brooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to use the WA Store to provide digital document delivery would be awesome. We currently use PayLoadz (others use e-junkie or Shopify). I haven't tried the "stop gap" method listed in this thread because my current store offers real-time delivery and I don't want to take a step backwards for my customers.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be a way to have custom confirmation/receipt emails to customers when they purchase a product. Sending a message to them through Wild Apricot once they have purchased a product isn't enough unfortunately. When someone (myself included) buys a digital product they expect the product immediately. If they buy something on a weekend/holiday or after hours when we are closed, they will not receive the link from us until we are back in the office.

• William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have swapped over to the Wild Apricot store, but digital items are a sticking point for us. The proposed solution of providing a link during checkout feels pretty stop-gap to us. We'd prefer something more integrated where a customer would buy a digital item and the store would handle generating and providing the URL. Bells-and-whistles would include being able to set how many times a file could be downloaded via the generated link.

• Ana Sering, The Center for Mindful Eating commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All the products we sell are digital (it is 2019, after all). Because of this we need to use a different store and link to it from our Wild Apricot site. It would be so much better if we could do this in Wild Apricot! Wild Apricot would earn the credit card fees from each payment rather than this other store, too.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to sell a digital course. In an ideal 2019 world, member would purchase course have automatic access to a file or a page on the website. Access to that course would be granted through the permissions system (maybe via an assigned group). Right now, I have 6 videos that I want to deliver as a course; There is no good solution to do this with Wild Apricot. The message to customer when you fulfill an order is not instantaneous, and it still requires a lot of manual setup. Even a customized email confirmation for each product would be a nice step.

• Ronald Howard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Imagine having a digital story delivery system similar to Shopify store where digital files can be ordered and fulfilled from this platform. I would also build an upsell feature that allows recommended products or add-ons to be suggested during check out. Your service is wonderfully executed and only lacking one thing that would take my business to the next level. Thanks for your consideration.

• Bill Tidball commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The online help documentation states we can use the "message to the customer" field to provide a URL link to facilitate selling digital product in an online store but I don't see it anywhere. Did this get dropped from 6.1?

• Cam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I notice this was promised in version 6.1, but still hasn't been implemented. Many other stores have the ability to provide a digital download with each product, so until this is implemented we are stick using Shopify.

Is there an update on this feature?

• Leyla El Moudden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be good to be able to customise thank you for your purchase emails the same way we do for events.

We sell downloads - so would be good if we could include links to purchases within the shop

• LDP Connect commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, and customizing the auto response email per product would help a lot with this. Right now there's just one auto-response purchase email template for all products.

• Regina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of the items in our shopping cart are e-resources.
    I would like to be able to customize the auto response when someone purchases the item with all of the download information.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Team Husky, did you end up releasing the feature "There is going to be a new field in order details called 'message to the customer'."?

This would be very handy!

Regards,
    Caroline

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where would the files be stored? Should they be stored on the website? Or are they saved on a cloud drive? Kerry

• AdminTeam Husky (Email features, Wild Apricot by Personify) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is going to be an opportunity to provide a customer with an URL in the next (6.1) release. There is going to be a new field in order details called 'message to the customer'. Any text inserted in that field will be pasted into a notification email sent to the customer upon order fulfilment. You may paste URL or multiple URLs there and the person will receive them via email.

Will that work for you? Or do you need this to happen automatically?

Feedback and Knowledge Base