Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

paragraph spacing

Allow changes to paragraph spacing - please! This is such a basic feature I do not understand why WildApricot does not support it. It is impossible to edit any content on any page if I want to create separate paragraphs but not widely spaced paragraphs. PLEASE fix this. It really does seem like such a simple thing to do - you have so many other text editing capabilities, why leave this one out?

44 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Camille Scent shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on major issues with editing, including this one related to paragraphs.

Along with several bugs fixing we are going to add two new options to Editor functions: Add (and Remove) space before/after the paragraph.
    At the same time, we will keep the current behaviour – Enter for adding < p > and Shift+Enter for adding < br > without creating the new paragraph.

So you can remove, for example, the space between paragraphs without removing the tag < p > if you still need it in HTML.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian Fedje commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Richard. Enter equals <p> and Shift-Enter equals <br>. It's basic HTML functionality and common across most web editors I've worked with.

• Richard Horsfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Press SHIFT and ENTER for a new continuous paragraph...
        Like this

Press ENTER alone for a new spaced paragraph...

Like this

• Barbara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Spacing text properly is an integral part of directing the reader's eye and establishing a hierarchy for the information presented!

Feedback and Knowledge Base