Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Notify admin if a member updates his/her record

Have my website email or text me if a member updates his/her record.

27 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

six6ironsix6iron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Peter RobinsPeter Robins shared a merged idea: Flagging-up when members change their own data  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Profile update notification  ·   · 
    Joanne KinneyJoanne Kinney shared a merged idea: able to track membership  ·   · 

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter RobinsPeter Robins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide data on members making changes to their own data.
        We encourage members to keep their own data up to date saving us administrative effort and ensure better accuracy and more up-to-date data. However, we use that data else where, With a trigger that changes have been made, we can update those other databases. What's happening now is a choice between losing that facility for members, and our data becoming de-synchronised. Most of our systems would not take kinfdly to having all their master data overwritten. alternative.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful to have a feature notifying the admins if a user updates their record. Please add this feature.

• Steve BorenSteve Boren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't express enough how helpful it would be to have a feature that would notify the admins if a user updates their record. Please offer this as a feature.

A significant number of our members update their information incorrectly .. the wrong format or the wrong field. It would be SO helpful to know when someone has updated their information so we can verify the accuracy and thereby maintain an accurate, current, online membership list. Without this information, our online Wild Apricot database is mostly not accurate. This is a big issue for us.

Our membership roster depends on accurate information which is very difficult to coordinate since we don't know when any of our members updates their own information. We can export our database to Excel and then compare the current file with an old file, but how much easier it would be simply to receive notification.

• TabathaTabatha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of our members get a magazine and I need to know if a member changes their address so I am not sending a magazine to an incorrect address. Please add this feature.

Send administrator/s an email notification any time a member updates his/her profile. This way we know there have been changes and can update this information in any other records we may use.

This would be a most helpful feature! We use a listserv and various other contact lists and when a member updates their email address, a notification would allow us to update all of our lists with the new information.

• Susan PorterSusan Porter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GREAT!!! Regarding National Button Society - when a member renews or signs up as new - I always check the address because I need to keep it in USPS format. But if a member just goes in for the sole purpose of changing their address info, 95% of the time they do not use the correct format - EVEN THOUGH each of the address fields have explicit instructions. Finding their errors is very time consuming and tedious. Rarely do they add the last 4 digits of the US Zip Code. The worse problem is many spell out the state name, but in order for our members to look up members in a particular state, the state needs to be entered using the two letter abbreviation - EX: California should be entered CA.
        There are MANY other reasons the member's addresses need to be kept in USPS format - one being the length of the address if everything is spelled out. Many addresses would then take TWO lines instead of one in our membership directory. If we add too many more pages to the directory, it will cost more to print as it won't be able to be stapled. I won't list ALL EIGHT reasons my life would be SO MUCH better, if I could be notified when a member changes their address. Keeping fingers crossed.

• scottyn4scottyn4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great option! Our membership is continually changing and this would keep me informed so I can let our board know of all current member status!

• Mike Coffey, SPHRMike Coffey, SPHR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a list of volunteer opportunities (committee names, one-time opportunities, etc.) included as options to a single item on our member profiles ("I would like to volunteer in the following ways..."). It would be great if, when someone selected a specific option, a notification could go to specified board member in charge of that volunteer activity. Short of that, it would be good if, when a new item was selected, an administrator could receive an email and forward the volunteer's contact info to the appropriate person.

• Debborah KerrDebborah Kerr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to know if a member changes their phone number or address, so would like a notification sent to the Administrator whenever certain member details are modified.

Alternatively, could we export an extract of member details based on a last modified date field?

• KelseyKelsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would love to have this option as well! Our members are principals, so we want to receive notification if they've switched schools.

• cskarecskare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see the option of having an email notification (sent to admin or other designated individual) when members or contacts update their profile.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7